The Ligue 1 POTM SBC has temporarily taken down & will return at a later time, updates to follow today PST on this FIFA Direct twitter thread. Forum thread discussing the issue is here.

Aston Villa F.C.

Comments

• Farlz
    8607 posts League Winner
    edited December 2019
    Not sure we'll ever have a better chance of beating United but like I just said our record against them is quite frankly embarrassing so I'm taking that point all day long.

Pretty much controlled the first half but then done our thing of giving away a silly goal, being worse in the 2nd half and then go behind. Great response straight away though and come away with at least a point unlike we did against Spurs, Arsenal and Liverpool. Might not be flying high at the right end of the table but I just like this squad of players a lot.

Once again, Jack Grealish head and shoulders above. The man is magic. The most goal contributions from any English midfielder in the league I hear :blush:
  • El_Nino
    4141 posts National Call-Up
    Gotta admit when I see your line ups now you really do look like a solid team
  • Farlz
    8607 posts League Winner
    Really poor first half, looked way too easy for Chelsea at times.

Lovely bit of football for our goal though
  • Farlz
    8607 posts League Winner
    Poor performance really, moments of decent play but there was only ever going to be one winner. Heaton was great for us.
  • Farlz
    8607 posts League Winner
    Not great again. Massive set of fixtures coming up for us over Christmas now, really have to get a good set of points otherwise I probably will start to worry.

Good job really we can score goals even without a striker because we can’t keep them out at all.
  • Farlz
    8607 posts League Winner
    Actually dreading Tuesday night :D
  • Lard_Lad
    12670 posts Has That Special Something
    Disappointed not to see Grealish play.
  • Tornado31619
    18977 posts World Class
    Farlz wrote: »
    Actually dreading Tuesday night :D

Did you see the team Klopp played vs. Arsenal? He’d probably forfeit the match if he could at this rate :lol:
  • Tornado31619
    18977 posts World Class
    tilen11 wrote: »
    Our lineup tomorrow :joy: Supposedly thats it.

Manager: Neil Critchley
    GK: Kelleher
    Defense: Larouci, Boyes, Van der Berg, Hoever
    Midfield: Chirivella, Kane, Christie Davies
    Attack: Elliot, Lomgstaff, Stewart

If you lot lose...
  • Farlz
    8607 posts League Winner
    Didn't mess it up so happy days. First 10 minutes had me worried but then we stopped **** ourselves and got on with it.

Harvey Elliot is a nifty player, would be surprised if he doesn't go on to good things in a few years time.
  • Farlz
    8607 posts League Winner
    We're getting worse and worse. Probably going down 🤷‍♂️
  • Dandingooo
    1115 posts Professional

Thought it was strange timing giving Smith a new contract. If you go down hopefully West Brom come up, can’t beat a derby.
  • Farlz
    8607 posts League Winner
    Dandingooo wrote: »

Thought it was strange timing giving Smith a new contract. If you go down hopefully West Brom come up, can’t beat a derby.
    I was pleased he was given a new contract and still have no problems with it. I want Smith in charge even if we go down.
  • Tornado31619
    18977 posts World Class
    Exactly. You want somebody who already has experience with this squad if you do go down. It’s not like you’re a lost cause like Watford, either.
  • Farlz
    8607 posts League Winner
    What a **** disaster
  • Farlz
    8607 posts League Winner
    England’s best midfielder with yet another masterclass today. Captain Jack.
  • Tornado31619
    18977 posts World Class
    What a **** disaster

And again. Worried for you guys now.
  • Farlz
    8607 posts League Winner
    Yeah we've full on **** the bed. I don't understand how we've become quite so useless because we weren't like this at the start of the season.

Norwich will go, Pearson will probably keep Watford up so I don't see 2 worse teams than us right now. Oh well back down we go
  • Pxul_
    8650 posts League Winner
    You guys did a Fulham imo, spent too much and they haven’t shown their value as of right now.
  • Farlz
    8607 posts League Winner
    We had to spend money because our squad would've been even worse
  • DoD_Jester
    26630 posts Player of the Year
    Pxul_ wrote: »
    You guys did a Fulham imo, spent too much and they haven’t shown their value as of right now.

We had no choice but to spend, we had so many loans last year that our squad was absolutely decimated in May

The problem is that we bought a striker who just doesn't have enough quality and we have absolutely no clue if Mcginn and Ming's aren't there to Marshall the team

We'll go down, of that I'm pretty sure at this point, Grealish will be gone in the next 5 weeks(I'm less sure but he'll be gone by summer at latest) and Mcginn won't be far behind him, then well just have to "go again" again
  • Farlz
    8607 posts League Winner
    DoD_Jester wrote: »

We had no choice but to spend, we had so many loans last year that our squad was absolutely decimated in May

The problem is that we bought a striker who just doesn't have enough quality and we have absolutely no clue if Mcginn and Ming's aren't there to Marshall the team

We'll go down, of that I'm pretty sure at this point, Grealish will be gone in the next 5 weeks(I'm less sure but he'll be gone by summer at latest) and Mcginn won't be far behind him, then well just have to "go again" again
    Not a chance Grealish is gone in January, I'm 100% confident of that.

Different story in the summer though..
  • DoD_Jester
    26630 posts Player of the Year

Not sure how you can be so confident mate, Euros coming up and the advanced midfield position is wide open between him maddison and Mount. But first he needs that call up, which ain't gonna happen if he's stuck on yet another sinking ship, if a move comes up I reckon it's game on and he'll be off
  • arsenalap
    6819 posts Big Money Move

Not sure how you can be so confident mate, Euros coming up and the advanced midfield position is wide open between him maddison and Mount. But first he needs that call up, which ain't gonna happen if he's stuck on yet another sinking ship, if a move comes up I reckon it's game on and he'll be off

Alli will reclaim that role by the end of the season.
  • Ahmer50x
    20885 posts Club Captain
    McGinn and Grealish double swoop sounds appealing to me if you go down. Both would be great at United IMO
  • Tornado31619
    18977 posts World Class
    arsenalap wrote: »

Alli will reclaim that role by the end of the season.

Think you’d be better off with a creative 10 in that hole rather than a second striker. Your two creative outlets (Sancho and TAA) both play on the right; you might benefit from Maddison cutting in from the left.
  • Farlz
    8607 posts League Winner
    An away win bloody hell, don't get many of those. Needed that today though, probably should've been more comfortable in the end.

Switch to a back 3 worked a treat.
  • Farlz
    8607 posts League Winner

If Heaton's injury also rules him out for however many months we've got a problem. Absolutely no luck with injuries ffs.

We need to get a striker in asap.
  • Tornado31619
    18977 posts World Class
    ...and Heaton's also out for the season. F.