• DoD_Jester
    26484 posts Player of the Year
    Farlz wrote: »
    Nice little first half hatty for McGinn

Every day his transfer to United gets closer

Yes I know it was only San Marino
  • Farlz
    8517 posts League Winner
    I really don't understand how we're so poor against sides with a man down but bloody hell that's a huge 3 points considering we have City and Liverpool coming up.

Grealish head and shoulders above everyone today, blokes so good. Get him in that England squad already.
  • Dandingooo
    1077 posts Professional
    How are you lot feeling about the season so far? We’ve been so poor but we’re on the same points as you guys.
  • Farlz
    8517 posts League Winner
    Pretty good I think. We've played quite well in most games and probably deserve a few more points than we have but silly mistakes and not capitalising on big chances has cost us at times. Would say we've more than held our own in every game except probably Spurs (That will likely change with with our next 2 games).

I think we've got a good set of players and I've seen enough from us to think we'll be safe. Just have to wait and see I guess.
  • Farlz
    8517 posts League Winner
    If we’re anywhere near as open as we were against Brighton then today could be a cricket score

Little bit worried
  • Farlz
    8517 posts League Winner
    Oh well, as expected really. This and the Liverpool game are write-offs for me so while it's disappointing to lose I accepted it a few weeks ago.

To be fair the first half wasn't bad. Defensively pretty sound and did manage to counter them but Grealish aside, our forward options aren't quite at it right now. Wesley just massively inconsistent and haven't really seen anything from Trez so far this season and that's probably the most disappointing thing because the City defence were definitely a weak point which could've/should've been exploited. Sign a striker and winger in January with quality and I think we'll be fine.

Just the easy task of Liverpool next week, sure that'll be fun. Can't wait.
  • Farlz
    8517 posts League Winner
    oh and of course, VAR can **** off :+1:
  • El_Nino
    3667 posts National Call-Up
    You were unlucky against City tbf, gave them a good contest.

Grealish has been fantastic tbf, tough work for him to get in the england team atm, a lot of good young attacking midfielders right now
  • Farlz
    8517 posts League Winner
    Definitely not a classic tonight but pleased to go through. Fair enough Wolves have a lot of games but I've never seen a side look less interested in winning, they basically let us have the ball and pass it around.

Nice draw tomorrow please.
  • Farlz
    8517 posts League Winner
    Absolutely gutted. We were so so close.

Phenomenal effort from every single player.
  • Farlz
    8517 posts League Winner
    Back in the house, haven't been this gutted over a result in some time. The way we performed was absolutely excellent, defended superbly and countered at pace. Not coming away with anything again is hard to take.

Best I've seen Trezeguet today, bloke just didn't stop all game and caused problems. So pleased he's off the mark as well. Nakamba also was just absolutely immense, what a signing he's been. Didn't expect anything from the past 2 games but we absolutely deserved something today.

Considering Liverpool are top of the league and unbeaten their fans are hands down the worst I've seen at Villa Park. No exaggeration they were silent for 87 minutes, what's all that about?

Onto to Wolves next week, another tough encounter but absolutely winnable.
  • SDoofus
    5768 posts Big Money Move
    Back in the house, haven't been this gutted over a result in some time. The way we performed was absolutely excellent, defended superbly and countered at pace. Not coming away with anything again is hard to take.

Best I've seen Trezeguet today, bloke just didn't stop all game and caused problems. So pleased he's off the mark as well. Nakamba also was just absolutely immense, what a signing he's been. Didn't expect anything from the past 2 games but we absolutely deserved something today.

Considering Liverpool are top of the league and unbeaten their fans are hands down the worst I've seen at Villa Park. No exaggeration they were silent for 87 minutes, what's all that about?

Onto to Wolves next week, another tough encounter but absolutely winnable.

I disagree that you deserved something. The timing of the goals obviously makes it look like we snatched a win from the jaws of defeat, and we did, but when you ignore that and look at the game as a whole, we had 74% possession, 24 shots to your 5, 6 on target to your 2 and a legitimate goal ruled out for offside, along with 2 big penalty shouts turned down.

xG was 0.8-2.7

We were fully deserved winners.
  • Farlz
    8517 posts League Winner
    Disagree
  • SDoofus
    5768 posts Big Money Move
    :D
  • Pxul_
    8083 posts League Winner
    Good debate that
  • El_Nino
    3667 posts National Call-Up
    Gutting first Villa, and a hard loss to take Becuase of the goal times. But as Doofus said, there’s just no argument, Liverpool 100% were deserving winners.

That’s not a slate in Villa, fantastic effort from you guys, but the better team won.
  • ViVaWhom
    8250 posts League Winner
    omg Liverpool fans trying to act like VAR got thr offside decision wrong?? this is gonna be a fun season

please man city save us
  • Farlz
    8517 posts League Winner
    Worst we've played for some time. Front 3, McGinn, Luiz and both fullbacks have been quite frankly abysmal.

Nakamba the only one to come away with a bit of credit for me.

Wolves will carry on to dominate, score another and that'll be that.
  • Farlz
    8517 posts League Winner
    Not good at all. I very rarely criticise Smith but he got that so wrong today. Literally everybody knows the way to play Wolves is keep it tight, sit back and counter, a bit like we done against Liverpool. Having ourselves so wide open and allowing them to do what they're good at and get at us with pace was quite frankly shambolic.

1st half was just a mess. 2nd half we were a bit better but even still the scoreline flattered us in the end.

Too many terrible performances from a lot of our players only reminded me just how much Grealish carries this club. Without him our midfield and attack just have no idea what to do.

Disappointing but at least we have the international break now to hopefully get these injuries sorted out because Newcastle is massive.
  • Dandingooo
    1077 posts Professional
    What’s your thoughts on Wesley? I was worried as Coady normally gets bullied by physical strikers but he was poor. Honestly thought you’d win today, Adama was fantastic
  • Farlz
    8517 posts League Winner
    I don't even know tbh, he's quite a frustrating player. He rarely bullies defenders like you'd expect a bloke of his size to do. He had better moments in the second half but he had to at least put that chance on target which he blazed over the bar.

I fancied our chances as well if I'm honest but yeah we weren't good. Targett vs Adama was never going to be pretty but you had the wingbacks bombing up as well and we couldn't deal with the overloads on both sides.
  • Dandingooo
    1077 posts Professional
    I don't even know tbh, he's quite a frustrating player. He rarely bullies defenders like you'd expect a bloke of his size to do. He had better moments in the second half but he had to at least put that chance on target which he blazed over the bar.

I fancied our chances as well if I'm honest but yeah we weren't good. Targett vs Adama was never going to be pretty but you had the wingbacks bombing up as well and we couldn't deal with the overloads on both sides.

We’ve been a lot more attacking in recent weeks, Neves being allowed more freedom to venture forward and it’s working a treat. Trezeguet looks an alright buy. Played well enough today
  • Farlz
    8517 posts League Winner
    McGinn carrying Scotland again I see