Aston Villa F.C.

Comments

• Farlz
    8347 posts League Winner
    edited August 23
    Relieved we've got points on the board and so bloody happy. Atmosphere was incredible.

Performance was absolutely brilliant. Jota was sublime, the ball through to Wesley was fantastic. He looked great throughout preseason so have been a little surprised to see him as a sub but he certainly took his chance tonight. Guilbert as well behind very good. Them two had great chemistry in preseason so delighted to see them pick it up again, our right side looked excellent.

Absolutely chuffed to bits for Wesley after that tonight, he was just something else. Dominated the Everton CB's. His hold up play was outstanding and was then able to bring other players into the attack thanks to his hold up. Brilliant finish as well. That's exactly what he needed, a 10/10 performance like that to get him going.

I've thought it for a while now after his performances last season and now coming into the Premier League and still keeping to the same standards, with Southgate watching tonight I'm going to say now Mings will be in the England squad at some point this season.

Brilliant night, onto Palace next week.
  • Farlz
    8347 posts League Winner
    Almost forgot to praise Engels. Have to say he's looked really good in these first few games. Despite conceding 5 in our first 2 the general consensus from Villa fans has been that actually our 2 centre backs and Heaton have been very good.

Engels again tonight though just brilliant, fantastic block in the first half. So composed brilliant defender. I was desperate for us in the summer to do everything to sign Tuanzebe and I really thought we'd miss him but Engels has filled that position superbly well.
  • Wow what an amazing atmosphere last night.
    It was electric.
    Gary Neville said it's his favourite ground after old Trafford
    Summed up pretty well by farlz so no need to add anything there.
    I even made a couple of appearances on sky sports cameras 🤣
  • maTTeOs_mAZzA
    3255 posts National Call-Up
    Fantastic result considering the amount of chances Everton had. Wesley took his opportunity well and happy for El Ghazi to add a little bit of icing at the end.

Bring on Palace next.
  • Farlz
    8347 posts League Winner
    Really pleasing win tonight
  • Farlz
    8347 posts League Winner
    Fantastic news and truly deserved. £20m was an absolute bargain.
  • maTTeOs_mAZzA
    Big result in the League Cup in midweek, even against minnows like Crewe. Its like we were City in disguise. :D

Wrapped for Mings. Its the least the guy deserved. 20 odd mil was an absolute steal, United spent around 80 mil for Maguire and I'm not even sure if hes any better, they can't even keep a clean sheet right now. Sorry to the United fans in here but I'm sure you'd all be thinking the same thing.

Palace is imminent. I'd take a draw against them, they will definitely be going into this game with loads of confidence. I've also got fears of the big fella Benteke potentially sticking one or two past us.
  • Farlz
    8347 posts League Winner
    Kevin Friend is an absolute disgrace. We've been **** robbed.
  • Farlz
    8347 posts League Winner

APPARENTLY DIVES WHEN IN FACT HE STAYS ON HIS FEET AND PASSES IT TO LANSBURY.

**** disgraceful.
  • Farlz wrote: »

APPARENTLY DIVES WHEN IN FACT HE STAYS ON HIS FEET AND PASSES IT TO LANSBURY.

**** disgraceful.

How vital could this lost point be at the end of the season.
    And now we got two weeks to dwell on it too.
    Gutted.
  • maTTeOs_mAZzA
    Its not the first time we've been robbed. Pretty sure we got done against West Brom last season or the season before.
  • Farlz
    8347 posts League Winner
    It's going to be a struggle until January, there's just no goal scoring threat for us whatsoever.

Wingers look very poor, Wesley never looks like scoring at all, thought he'd push on after Everton but nope. It will be a miracle if he scores 10 this season and McGinn and Grealish not quite up to it yet either.

The positive I guess is that Mings and Engels are very good.