8419 posts League Winner
    Taylor is going to get absolutely destroyed oh no
  • maTTeOs_mAZzA
    3259 posts National Call-Up
    Also where's Guilbert?
  • Apollo
    14949 posts World Class
    edited August 10
    From a positive perspective for you guys, at least they're without Son and Eriksen is on the bench
  • Ahmer50x
    18153 posts World Class
    Good luck today guys! Hope you do well.

Think Trezeguet will prove a hidden gem
  • Apollo
    14949 posts World Class
    Ahmer50x wrote: »
    Good luck today guys! Hope you do well.

Think Trezeguet will prove a hidden gem

I spent enough time watching Villa last season because of Tuanzebe, so it follows that I really want them to stay up now they're back in the PL
  • Apollo
    14949 posts World Class
    McGinn!
  • Ahmer50x
    18153 posts World Class
    What a ball and what a calm finish.

McGinn may actually be worth 50m in a year :lol:
  • ViVaWhom
    8117 posts League Winner
    i thought targett would be first choice... wtf
  • Ahmer50x
    18153 posts World Class
    Love McGinn's nasty streak to go with that composure in the attacking third
  • Apollo
    14949 posts World Class
    McGinniesta bringing the quality he showed in the Championship into the PL in that half, you love to see it :blush:
  • Farlz
    8419 posts League Winner
    Good first half, we look fairly dangerous on the counter. Wesley needs to make it stick up front though, falling over a bit too much.
  • Ahmer50x
    18153 posts World Class
    Farlz wrote: »
    Good first half, we look fairly dangerous on the counter. Wesley needs to make it stick up front though, falling over a bit too much.

I'm telling you man, if Trezeguet gets a little confidence and a run in the side, he's gonna bang in 10+ league goals this season.
  • Tropicaz XBL
    4308 posts National Call-Up
    Heaton/Engels/Mcginn all very good.

Rest of them ****, nothing on the counter, Spurs were massively there for the taking. Shame.
  • Ahmer50x
    18153 posts World Class
    Heaton/Engels/Mcginn all very good.

Rest of them ****, nothing on the counter, Spurs were massively there for the taking. Shame.

Mings was good too
  • Farlz
    8419 posts League Winner
    Gutted to lose but I saw enough positives today to think we should be alright. First half we were countering quite well and did look dangerous, second half though it was just wave after wave from Spurs and in the end become too much. Eriksen changed the game which I expected.

Heaton, Mings and Engels were all superb. Midfield really emptied with like 25 minutes to go or so and like I said just couldn't contain. Trezeguet looked alright, in hindsight El Ghazi should've went off. Wesley a bit of a mixed bag, will judge him more in a few weeks.

Bring on Bournemouth next week.
  • Apollo
    14949 posts World Class
    Gutted to lose but I saw enough positives today to think we should be alright. First half we were countering quite well and did look dangerous, second half though it was just wave after wave from Spurs and in the end become too much. Eriksen changed the game which I expected.

Heaton, Mings and Engels were all superb. Midfield really emptied with like 25 minutes to go or so and like I said just couldn't contain. Trezeguet looked alright, in hindsight El Ghazi should've went off. Wesley a bit of a mixed bag, will judge him more in a few weeks.

Can't forget McGinn as well. He was excellent. Just ran out of steam near the end of the second half, no shame in that in his first game in the PL.
  • Farlz
    8419 posts League Winner
    Apollo wrote: »

Can't forget McGinn as well. He was excellent. Just ran out of steam near the end of the second half, no shame in that in his first game in the PL.
    McGinn is always good though, standard for him to be one of our best performers and I had no doubts he'd step up fine to the Premier League.

Unfortunately our midfield just completely ran out of legs.
  • maTTeOs_mAZzA
    A bit upsetting to lose but it was pretty much inevitable against a Spurs side like that away from home in our first game back in the big time with a bunch of players having their first game. At least we didn't let them have a clean sheet.

This league is still very weak like last season, there are signs already that theres going to be a huge gulf in class between the top sides and everyone else. I think we have every chance next game against Bournemouth.
  • Farlz
    8419 posts League Winner
    Christ, for our and Jack's sake we need a win. That stat can do one.

Bit disappointing today. Early mistakes cost us again unfortunately, need to get them out of our game. Luiz actually made one of the mistakes which led to the goal but even then needed a huge amount of luck to go in, which Bournemouth got. He grew into the game superbly though and looked excellent, goal was a beauty as well. Expect he'll fully make that position his own as the season goes on.

Positives to take again but too sloppy right now. Expect Everton will be tough on Friday as well but lets just win please.
  • maTTeOs_mAZzA
    Definitely not the result we were after. We need to beat Everton next or things could already start to get grim.
  • El_Nino
    3177 posts National Call-Up
    Definitely not the result we were after. We need to beat Everton next or things could already start to get grim.

Don’t see you beating Everton tbh.
  • ViVaWhom
    8117 posts League Winner
    play **** Targett you ****
  • ViVaWhom wrote: »
    play **** Targett you ****

I was at the game and Taylor was poor
  • El_Nino
    3177 posts National Call-Up
    El_Nino wrote: »

Don’t see you beating Everton tbh.
    Maybe a very misguided comment.
  • Apollo
    14949 posts World Class
    Congrats on your first win back in the PL! Back where the club belongs B)
  • Ahmer50x
    18153 posts World Class
    Congrats! Great fun to watch you.
  • Farlz
    8419 posts League Winner
    YESSSSS UP THE **** VILLAAAA
  • Cyodine
    1482 posts Play-Off Hero
    Great match!