Aston Villa F.C.

Comments

• Kouli06
    1585 posts Play-Off Hero
    I only hope Leeds stay 2nd as they are the only team I fear could do us over in the playoffs.
    Bristol, WBA, Sheffield, (as it stands) and then Derby or Middlesbrough we can do them all no problem.
  • Tornado31619
    16579 posts World Class
    So Jack Grealish’s attacker was released after only four weeks in prison (his sentence was fourteen), and he called it “the best month of his life”.

Wow.
  • Kouli06
    1585 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited April 19
    9 in a row!

Best since 1910!
    Post edited by Kouli06 on
  • Farlz
    8363 posts League Winner
    Incredible
  • Apollo
    14393 posts Has That Special Something
    edited April 19
    Tuanzebe good again today? Was hoping to watch your game but it wasn't on the red button annoyingly
  • Kouli06
    1585 posts Play-Off Hero
    Apollo wrote: »
    Tuanzebe good again today? Was hoping to watch your game but it wasn't on the red button annoyingly

Just watched the highlights and the whole team looked on fire!
    Think Tuanzebe got taken off injured near the end though 😔
  • Apollo
    Kouli06 wrote: »

That's great that he played well, but it seems like he just can't catch a break with injuries this season :disappointed:
  • Kouli06
    1585 posts Play-Off Hero
    Kouli06 wrote: »

That's great that he played well, but it seems like he just can't catch a break with injuries this season :disappointed:

I hope it’s nothing serious, defo could use him when it comes to playoffs.
  • Farlz
    8363 posts League Winner
    Couldn't watch the game myself but apparently Mings and Tuanzebe were didn't really have much to do, all fairly simple for them. Smith also said Tuanzebe just rolled his ankle, nothing serious which is good.
  • Farlz
    8363 posts League Winner
    Would be incredible if we make it 10 for the first time in the clubs history on Monday. Just have to think we can't take this run for granted, there's a very high chance we won't do this again.
  • maTTeOs_mAZzA
    3256 posts National Call-Up
    I have no idea how we've won 9 in a row, it just blows my mind. Whatever Dean Smith has said or done in the past few weeks has really made the team perform. How long this will continue is anyone's guess.

Making it 10 in a row against Millwall will be enormous, and honestly I can't any reason why we can't.
  • Farlz
    8363 posts League Winner
    10 in a row. First time in the clubs history.

Drink it in fellas
  • Farlz
    8363 posts League Winner
    Just like that playoffs are confirmed, fantastic
  • maTTeOs_mAZzA
    edited April 25
    Like @Kouli06 has said, Leeds are the only danger in the playoffs I feel. If anyone is going to stop us it will be them.
  • Kouli06
    1585 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited April 26
    Like @Kouli06 has said, Leeds are the only danger in the playoffs I feel. If anyone is going to stop us it will be them.

@maTTeOs_mAZzA at least we get to see how we stack up against them on Sunday while we’re on the run we are.
    And they haven’t done fantastic lately.......
    Sunday will tell.
  • Kouli06
    1585 posts Play-Off Hero
    Well that was an interesting game.
  • Farlz
    8363 posts League Winner
    The most mental game I've probably seen.

All I'll say is that Tuanzebe and Mings are something else. Unbelievable partnership. How Tuanzebe doesn't start for United and Mings never getting a chance at Bournemouth I'll never know.
  • maTTeOs_mAZzA
    One of the most bizarre games of football I've ever seen.

El Ghazi's red card has to be rescinded.
  • Kouli06
    1585 posts Play-Off Hero
    One of the most bizarre games of football I've ever seen.

El Ghazi's red card has to be rescinded.

You reckon footballers forget their being filmed?
    Defo will get rescinded
  • Farlz
    8363 posts League Winner
    Shame the unbeaten run ends but with key players rested today we still more than held our own against top of the league. Possibly a bit unlucky not to be leading at half time but I think a draw would've been fair overall, ah well.

Albion all confirmed now then. Got to say I'm dreading the playoffs but just have to remind myself that we've got serious quality in this squad and McGinn, Tammy, Mings and Grealish all come back fresh next week. Play like we know we can and we'll do any of Albion, Leeds or Derby.

Bring it on, UTV
  • maTTeOs_mAZzA
    edited May 11
    I'm quietly confident that we'll get past WBA, its Leeds that worry me.

I hope Derby somehow take them out, I know who I'd rather play in the final.
  • Farlz
    8363 posts League Winner
    Not the best we've played but big result, need to get the job done on Tuesday now
  • Apollo
    Farlz wrote: »
    Not the best we've played but big result, need to get the job done on Tuesday now

Gayle suspended as well is massive, hopefully you guys can finish the tie off
  • Apollo
    Go on Villa :blush:
  • Farlz
    8363 posts League Winner
    We've **** done it lads come onnnnn
  • maTTeOs_mAZzA
    I'm so happy that we play Derby in the final. I fancy our chances a lot more now.
  • Kouli06
    1585 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited May 16
    I'm so happy that we play Derby in the final. I fancy our chances a lot more now.

But did you watch the game?!?!

I know we’ve beaten Derby 3-0 and 4-0 this season already but holly s*** they looked like a team possessed 😂

Guna be one hell of a game!
  • maTTeOs_mAZzA
    Big game coming up. Pretty confident but not going to get too carried away. I hope that this time we get the job done. UTV!
  • DoD_Jester
    26243 posts Player of the Year
    Swear I’ve never felt so nervous 10 minutes before kick off before

• AEsey
    5984 posts Big Money Move
    You're half way there lads
    👏🏻 🙏🏻 🏆