Comments

• Farlz
    8347 posts League Winner
    Tuanzebe won't play CB if he comes in, I reckon it'll be DM
  • Ahmer50x
    17232 posts World Class
    Farlz wrote: »
    Tuanzebe won't play CB if he comes in, I reckon it'll be DM

He can play there or at RB as well, but IMO his best position is CB.
  • maTTeOs_mAZzA
    3255 posts National Call-Up
    Ahmer50x wrote: »
    Up to 4th now. Not the worst outcome, would of loved to grab that 3rd spot. Still within touching distance of 2nd. Hogan looks like hes proving me wrong which is great to see.

Don't know too much about Tuanzebe, he can play CB right?

Yeah. He's a super promising CB. Played a few at the tail end of last season for us.

Will be great for you if he gets chances.

He should definitely get game time, most likely in midweek. Terry and Jedinak are still not 100% fit.

Mourinho has said United will wait to decide whether to let him go on loan so he won't likely be there in midweek.

No I'm saying he will play in midweek games for the rest of the season, not necessarily referring to the very next one.
  • Farlz
    8347 posts League Winner
    Jack Grealish is something else since coming back from injury. Completely different player and now consistently putting in performances everyone knew he could
  • Hitman_Hatton
    14382 posts Has That Special Something
    Farlz wrote: »
    Jack Grealish is something else since coming back from injury. Completely different player and now consistently putting in performances everyone knew he could

Good to hear that.
  • NGreat
    448 posts Sunday League Hero
    :sweat_smile:
  • Hitman_Hatton
    14382 posts Has That Special Something
    Whatever that tweet was it's been deleted.
  • maTTeOs_mAZzA
    That was what Villa were known as in the Pro Evo series. "West Midlands Village." :joy:
  • maTTeOs_mAZzA
    Great to get Axel in. From what I gather he is pretty versatile.

Good pickup to address our problem of key players in key positions never being fit.
  • IntoxicatedSeal
    1421 posts Professional
    How do Villa look from a financial perspective? It's hard to imagine that those premier league tier wages won't take a toll on the club going in to most likely a third championship season.
  • maTTeOs_mAZzA
    How do Villa look from a financial perspective? It's hard to imagine that those premier league tier wages won't take a toll on the club going in to most likely a third championship season.

I don't think we're struggling financially, we've got an owner who looks like he knows how to control his finances.

Most Villa fans will compare this season and last season and say that we've done a lot better with how we spend our money. Last season we spent more than anyone in the division just to finish mid table, this season we've spent significantly less and we're doing a whole lot better.

I believe we're recovering, albeit at a very slow pace. The club had been in a downward spiral for 6-7 years, it could take the same amount of time to get back to where we were.
  • Farlz
    8347 posts League Winner
    **** enormous result
  • DoD_Jester
    26218 posts Player of the Year
    Massive massive win
  • Farlz
    8347 posts League Winner
    Biggest of the season by far. Just 1 point off 2nd place now and that's 5 league wins in a row for the first time since 1998 :D
  • Farlz
    8347 posts League Winner
    What a performance
  • Ahmer50x
    17232 posts World Class
    Into the automatic promotion spots now.

Remember when you lot wanted Brucie gone? :tongue:
  • ViVaWhom
    7876 posts League Winner
    all dumbasses who will now chant his name and sing his praises
  • Farlz
    8347 posts League Winner
    I’m not his biggest fan at all but he’s got it bang on since the new year. Bringing in his old coach Agnew has been genius because since he’s come in we’re a completely different side who actually play football and extra credit today after the tough week Bruce has had.

All that being said IF we do go up I’d still prefer us to say thanks for everything and then part ways.
  • Ash
    21413 posts Club Captain
    you beat a team managed by Cotterill ffs
  • Tamerlane
    5284 posts Big Money Move
    Into the automatic promotion spots now.

Remember when you lot wanted Brucie gone? :tongue:

Yes. They were mocking him for his weight as well, it was really unsavory.
  • Farlz
    8347 posts League Winner
    The streak is over, this is a sad day. Have to bounce back on Tuesday night
  • maTTeOs_mAZzA
    Been very busy this last month or so, apologies for leaving the 1st page out of date for so long.

Heres my quick catchup: lovely win against the Blues, Grabban has been decent and our overall game has improved significantly. Who told Bruce to start playing football? :D

I really like our chances at automatic promotion now. We actually are looking like a decent side for the first time in what feels like a lifetime.
  • IntoxicatedSeal
    1421 posts Professional
    I just hope we see more of the MON type of Villa if you guys get promoted again instead of those last few years where you stank the league out.

Bruce is great at getting teams to the prem but always seems to struggle once he's had a season in it. I can see the same old managerial merry-go round happening again .
  • maTTeOs_mAZzA
    Probably the easiest three points away from home I've seen us get. Sunderland really are heading into oblivion.

6 points away from Wolves at the top, they have a game in hand but they have to go to Elland Road tomorrow. Hoping for an upset.
  • Farlz
    8347 posts League Winner
    I doubt we'll have a game as easy as that for some time. We didn't have to be anywhere near our best and we just strolled through it. Sunderland are a mess right now.

All getting a bit close for 2nd place, Fulham are flying and Cardiff keep winning. I really couldn't deal with playoff stress.
  • Obelixe
    33 posts Last Pick at the Park

Support appreciated.
  • Tornado31619
    16461 posts World Class
    Probably the easiest three points away from home I've seen us get. Sunderland really are heading into oblivion.

6 points away from Wolves at the top, they have a game in hand but they have to go to Elland Road tomorrow. Hoping for an upset.

Not looking good ATM