Comments

• Tamerlane
    5284 posts Big Money Move
    Just hope he isn't Chinese.
  • maTTeOs_mAZzA
    3259 posts National Call-Up
    Tamerlane wrote: »

INB4 someone calls you racist like when I said this before.

• Robes
    1735 posts Play-Off Hero
    Tamerlane wrote: »

INB4 someone calls you racist like when I said this before.

Yeah, it's not really racist. It's more of a cultural issue, I worship my club like religious people worship their gods. Last thing a Christian would want would be a Chinese man buying his church then saying, "That cross is coming down and I'm painting this thing red.". ;)

• Farlz
    8550 posts League Winner
    Apparently we're interested in Jeff Hendrick from Derby with Weimann or Lowton potentially going the other way
  • Robes
    1735 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited June 2015
    d28ac573f33e4da2248c9ed654765f31.png

There's hope yet!

Full story:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/33082886
  • maTTeOs_mAZzA
    I do think Benteke will stay, simply because we are in the middle of a club takeover.
  • Farlz
    8550 posts League Winner
    "Aston Villa’s pursuit of Kieran Trippier is still not dead despite the imminent arrival of Micah Richards.

Boss Tim Sherwood has his eyes on Burnley’s right-back as he plans to play Richards in a centre-back role, should his move go through, as expected.

Out-of-favour defender Matt Lowton could be used as a makeweight in the deal to entice Trippier to the Midlands.

And while both Tottenham and Liverpool are also keen on the English ace, Sherwood hopes he can convince the 24-year-old that switching to Villa Park is a better option.

It’s thought that a personal intervention from the manager helped Richards choose Villa over a lucrative move to Sunderland."
    http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/aston-villa-find-out-player-9442986

Richards and Trippier would be fantastic
  • maTTeOs_mAZzA
    Trippier won't be easy to get.

I don't know about Richards to be honest. He's either going to be amazing or completely useless. I just hope his injury troubles are behind him.
  • Farlz
    8550 posts League Winner
    Richards is set to have his medical on Tuesday
  • Sloosh
    6753 posts Big Money Move
  • stickey
    14698 posts Has That Special Something
    £15M????????????
  • Farlz
    8550 posts League Winner
    Yeah that definitely isn't happening lool
  • Ash
    21413 posts Club Captain
    edited June 2015
    old news, we won't sell anyway. 20 mill makes more sense. Not sure why Vardy would want to go either, it's quite frankly a step backwards for his career.
  • Farlz
    8550 posts League Winner
    :joy: christ
  • Ash
    21413 posts Club Captain
    look at the table mate :D
  • xXBarkleyXx
    818 posts An Exciting Prospect
    £15million for a player of average technical ability lolz £5mill max considering his age aswell.
  • stickey
    14698 posts Has That Special Something
    On second thought, £15M seems fair when they're asking £32M for Benteke.
  • Ash
    21413 posts Club Captain
    edited June 2015
    stickey wrote: »
    On second thought, £15M seems fair when they're asking £32M for Benteke.
    precisely, add a couple of mill onto it considering he doesn't want to leave either.

• Ash
    21413 posts Club Captain
    £15million for a player of average technical ability lolz £5mill max considering his age aswell.
    showing your true colours again
  • xXBarkleyXx
    818 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Ash wrote: »

No but how can vardy command a fee of £10mill+ ?

He played well for Leicester , you can't use him being in the England team as a price booster because he wouldn't be in the squad if Kane and studge were available.
  • Farlz
    8550 posts League Winner
    Weimann is even better than Vardy, that says it all
  • Ash
    21413 posts Club Captain

He played well for Leicester , you can't use him being in the England team as a price booster because he wouldn't be in the squad if Kane and studge were available.
    Yeah, that's your problem. We're not using it as a price booster because we're not looking to sell. He's got 3 years left on his contract, he's happy at the club, an integral part of how we play. You're not going to get a true valuation of his ability with all of those variables considered.
  • Robes
    1735 posts Play-Off Hero

Yeah, that's your problem. We're not using it as a price booster because we're not looking to sell. He's got 3 years left on his contract, he's happy at the club, an integral part of how we play. You're not going to get a true valuation of his ability with all of those variables considered.

This is quite funny, that you think Vardy is worth £20 million but were "astonished" that I would be unhappy with us selling Benteke for £32 million, it's all about the variables like you said. But your perspective does seem to change somewhat when it's your clubs players being sold.
    look at the table mate :D

By this logic you think a move from Tottenham to Liverpool would be a step backwards or from Arsenal to Man Utd or Stoke/Palace to Everton.
    Whatever you feel about how this transfer is going to pan out it's ridiculous to suggest that Leicester are a bigger club than Villa.
  • Ash
    21413 posts Club Captain
    I never said Jaime Vardy was worth 20 million you utter spastic. You genuinely thought 32 million was how much Benteke was worth, I'm a lot wiser than that. 15 million is surpassing his valuation, but we're not in the position to sell. Whereas you are and technically don't have a say, providing the clause is matched. Being a "bigger club" means nothing, you've been in a relegation scrap for the past few years, still haven't found a new owner whereas we have just survived, have a healthy ownership who are ambitious. We're a better option at the moment, you'd be deluded to think not.
    Farlz wrote: »
    spastic
  • maTTeOs_mAZzA

No he's not. :D

Weimann can't even dribble properly. I'd take Vardy any day but not for 15 mil.
  • Farlz
    8550 posts League Winner
    spastic
    :joy:
  • Robes
    1735 posts Play-Off Hero
    I never said Jaime Vardy was worth 20 million you utter spastic. You genuinely thought 32 million was how much Benteke was worth, I'm a lot wiser than that. 15 million is surpassing his valuation, but we're not in the position to sell. Whereas you are and technically don't have a say, providing the clause is matched. Being a "bigger club" means nothing, you've been in a relegation scrap for the past few years, still haven't found a new owner whereas we have just survived, have a healthy ownership who are ambitious. We're a better option at the moment, you'd be deluded to think not.
    spastic

That's it mate, call everyone a spastic who disagrees with you, it makes for a really mature debate. Get a grip on yourself.
    I never said Jaime Vardy was worth 20 million you utter spastic.
    old news, we won't sell anyway. 20 mill makes more sense.

Sorry if I'm a bit confused.....

I guess what you're trying to say in your own way is that neither player is "Worth" the money. But what is worth? As I eluded to earlier worth is all down to perception. For example If someone wants to pay £30million for one player and the other club won't sell for less than £40 million what's his worth? In my opinion it's £40 million as the player is under contract and the selling club has the right to refuse ANY offer they receive even if it's a £1 billion, that's the magic of contracts.
    Unless of course there are clauses in said contract, such as Benteke.
    So this magic "worth" that people keep banging on about is a complete waste of time, there have been players sold for £10 million who are clearly better players than those sold for £30 million different circumstances, different clubs, different chairman.
    Looking at it sensibly though you're correct in thinking that we "technically don't have a say" once £32.5 million is bid for Benteke but in reality if we bid £20 million for Vardy (please no, for the love of god no!) then Leicester would bite our hand off, so none of it really matters anyway, i.e. technically they could say no, but they wouldn't so it's a pointless argument.

Being a Leicester supporter I'm sure you feel like Leicester would be the better option but what I was saying is that in the long run you'll be back in the lower divisions and Villa will be still here and more than likely at the better end of the table, once all the uncertainty around the ownership has settled. We're a Premier league club, you're just happy to be here for a season or two like most smaller clubs. But you're the better option? If you say so.