Aston Villa F.C.

Comments

• Handy Andy
    5760 posts Big Money Move
    Ash wrote: »
    Robes wrote: »
    Farlz wrote: »
    Benteke is miles better than all the strikers mentioned in these past few posts except for probably Bony, even then its very close.

There's no doubt for me he could play in a top 4 side, he isn't just a massive lump, there's a lot more to his game.

I know they're acting like he shouldn't be £32.5 million, I think if we sell him for that then someone's robbed us.
    I'm astonished at this comment.

• Robes
    1735 posts Play-Off Hero
    Jenko wrote: »
    You GENUINELY think he's worth £32.5 million for **** sake, what's the point in me responding? Bony cost £25m and at the time everybody was laughing at City for overpaying. Bony is a technically superior footballer and cost almost a third less, so how on earth Benteke can possibly be worth £32.5 million I do not know.

Liverpool will probably pay the £32.5 million because they need to take a risk, they're desperate, he's what they can attract. They're not paying it because that's what he's worth. He's a £20m striker max. The players I mentioned could all do a similar job to Benteke as back-up strikers for the top clubs, which is all Benteke would amount to.

£30m strikers are Costa, Benzema, Cavani, Higuain, Lewandowski, etc. not Christian Benteke.

In all honesty I have no idea what the point in you responding is, in fact I don't know why you even bothered coming into this thread. Now we're both questioning it.......

ALL of those players you mentioned are worth FAR more than 30 million in todays market, so it show how little you do know.

"Manchester United are preparing to join Arsenal in the hunt to sign Real Madrid striker Karim Benzema, 27, who is valued at around £40m. "

Because you were talking rubbish. I'm not questioning why I came into this thread, I'm questioning why I should bother replying to somebody who thinks Benteke is worth more than £32.5 million and thinks he's actually good enough for a top 4 team in any capacity other than a substitute role, for which you can get much cheaper players.

No they aren't.

6b957d1064e0705875b4b9a8007b4374.png
    f7fe6fdc4edf06f8f963ad35f190798a.png
    2c53b96170c25991b3f136d6edd52699.png
    581386b2f3e6dec30980bbec08650391.png

Benzema's value changes every week. Christian Benteke is not near these players.

Costa was 32million due to a buyout clause. The rest is speculation but I'm sure you'll find higher values on other newspaper pages If you look.

The fact is things are worth whatever the
    seller says they're worth. he's worth more than 32 million to us. These things are based on a lot of factors take van persie. He wouldn't have gone for 24 million if he'd had 2 years left on his contract. There are so many factors in players costs and at the forefront is the club's willingness to sell.
  • Jenko
    13845 posts Has That Special Something
    The fact is things are worth whatever the seller says they're worth.

I give up.
  • Robes
    1735 posts Play-Off Hero

I give up.

That's basic economics so if you don't understand that it's probably best that you do give up

• Jenko

I give up.

That's basic economics so if you don't understand that it's probably best that you do give up

If somebody offers me a Crunchie for £5 when I can get a Double Decker elsewhere for 60p, then it is not worth it.
  • Robes
    1735 posts Play-Off Hero

I give up.

If somebody offers me a Crunchie for £5 when I can get a Double Decker elsewhere for 60p, then it is not worth it.

That's a question of how much you want honeycomb. Whoever is selling it clearly loves honeycomb, Whoever is selling the double Decker is clearly not a fan of nougat. So now you get it!?
  • Jenko

I give up.

That's a question of how much you want honeycomb. Whoever is selling it clearly loves honeycomb, Whoever is selling the double Decker is clearly not a fan of nougat. So now you get it!?

:D What are you talking about.
  • Ash
    21413 posts Club Captain
    Omg
  • Evra
    2236 posts Fans' Favourite
    :lol: Blimey.
  • murphy
    945 posts An Exciting Prospect
    edited May 2015

I give up.

It isn't. Something is worth whatever someone is willing to pay for it. You need to brush up on your economics.
  • Farlz
    8414 posts League Winner
    Christ
  • Sloosh
    6753 posts Big Money Move

I give up.

hahahahha wtf

• Robes
    1735 posts Play-Off Hero
    murphy wrote: »

I give up.

It isn't. Something is worth whatever someone is willing to pay for it. You need to brush up on your economics.

That's true in a buyer's market but that's not what this is so try again.
    Christ

Indeed.

I'm done with this pointless discussion now. So expect no further comment on it.
  • Ash
    21413 posts Club Captain
    He's such a perfect fit for your club it's unreal
  • Farlz
    8414 posts League Winner
    How so?
  • Ash
    21413 posts Club Captain
    If Aston Villa was a person, it would be Tim Sherwood.
  • Tropicaz XBL
    4308 posts National Call-Up
    How so?

Because Tim is the human form of herpes.
  • xXBarkleyXx
    818 posts An Exciting Prospect
    You GENUINELY think he's worth £32.5 million for **** sake, what's the point in me responding? Bony cost £25m and at the time everybody was laughing at City for overpaying. Bony is a technically superior footballer and cost almost a third less, so how on earth Benteke can possibly be worth £32.5 million I do not know.

Liverpool will probably pay the £32.5 million because they need to take a risk, they're desperate, he's what they can attract. They're not paying it because that's what he's worth. He's a £20m striker max. The players I mentioned could all do a similar job to Benteke as back-up strikers for the top clubs, which is all Benteke would amount to.

£30m strikers are Costa, Benzema, Cavani, Higuain, Lewandowski, etc. not Christian Benteke.

In all honesty I have no idea what the point in you responding is, in fact I don't know why you even bothered coming into this thread. Now we're both questioning it.......

ALL of those players you mentioned are worth FAR more than 30 million in todays market, so it show how little you do know.

"Manchester United are preparing to join Arsenal in the hunt to sign Real Madrid striker Karim Benzema, 27, who is valued at around £40m. "

Because you were talking rubbish. I'm not questioning why I came into this thread, I'm questioning why I should bother replying to somebody who thinks Benteke is worth more than £32.5 million and thinks he's actually good enough for a top 4 team in any capacity other than a substitute role, for which you can get much cheaper players.

No they aren't.

6b957d1064e0705875b4b9a8007b4374.png
    f7fe6fdc4edf06f8f963ad35f190798a.png
    2c53b96170c25991b3f136d6edd52699.png
    581386b2f3e6dec30980bbec08650391.png

Benzema's value changes every week. Christian Benteke is not near these players.

Costa was 32million due to a buyout clause. The rest is speculation but I'm sure you'll find higher values on other newspaper pages If you look.

The fact is things are worth whatever the
    seller says they're worth. he's worth more than 32 million to us. These things are based on a lot of factors take van persie. He wouldn't have gone for 24 million if he'd had 2 years left on his contract. There are so many factors in players costs and at the forefront is the club's willingness to sell.

But benteke can't be worth more than £32.5mill to villa if that's how much they set his buy out clause as lol if they thought he was worth more wouldn't they have made his buy out clause much higher.
  • maTTeOs_mAZzA
    3259 posts National Call-Up
    I don't understand why N'Zogbia has always started over Sinclair since Sherwood took over...

We have a mountain to climb here. Arsenal have torn us apart in the first half.
  • Ash
    21413 posts Club Captain
    Benteke and Grealish have been woeful
  • Evra
    2236 posts Fans' Favourite
    Ash wrote: »
    Benteke and Grealish have been woeful
    Delph too. His shimmies and dribbled attempts so deep in his own half are hilarious, he must think he is Verratti.
  • maTTeOs_mAZzA
    3259 posts National Call-Up
    Well that was DEFINATELY worth staying up till 4am for...

What a miserable effort. Our one chance to improve as a club and we let Arsenal walk all over us. I don't see Benteke staying now.
  • Jenko
    Hopefully you'll see this weekend, then maybe you'll open your eyes.

He sure showed me, £32.5m!? Bargain.
  • Welbeck
    5152 posts Big Money Move
    £32.5m for Benteke would be daylight robbery. Surely nobody is stupid enough to pay that.
  • Ykr
    3041 posts National Call-Up
    Welbeck wrote: »
    £32.5m for Benteke would be daylight robbery. Surely nobody is stupid enough to pay that.

He's that striker that will have a good spell of games, and he won't have another for a very long time..

• Farlz
    8414 posts League Winner
    Everyone was **** apart from Given, Richardson and Okore, absolutely embarrassing

thank **** this is all over, a big squad overhaul needs to take place this summer
  • Robes
    1735 posts Play-Off Hero

I did say hopefully. Its pathetic trying to judge a player on one game where the whole team has been so badly outperformed.

okay to finally put this to rest. Benteke kept us in the Premier league, without him we'd be in the championship next season therefore to us he's worth at least £100 million. :)
    Something you can't really argue with.
  • Jenko

I did say hopefully. Its pathetic trying to judge a player on one game where the whole team has been so badly outperformed.

okay to finally put this to rest. Benteke kept us in the Premier league, without him we'd be in the championship next season therefore to us he's worth at least £100 million. :)
    Something you can't really argue with.

I can, bet your fans would take £30m with open arms.
  • VJones25
    1733 posts Play-Off Hero
    £32.5m for Mertesacker's back pocket? Not bad tbh :joy: