From early October until a couple weeks ago, I ran an interactive game
that involved seven people including myself in which we followed the career of an individual that we created at the beginning of the game. Overall, I feel that the game was a success, though there was one major flaw in the game. The player potentials. So, this time, the player potentials will be -10 instead of -9, meaning that they will be random potentials between 170 and 200 (on a scale that goes up to 200), instead of last year's 150-180 limit.
As I said at the beginning of the first iteration of the game:
This year, instead of managing an entire club, you will have the opportunity to create your own player. It could be based off of you, someone you wish you could be, a friend, an entirely fictional character, etc. I will be posting those players' process throughout their careers. Their career trajectory will be based entirely off of the attributes that you choose for your player. You won't be able to directly interfere with the player's career, and neither will I.
I would like to specifically invite the members of the previous version of this game , @Chris
, @Duncan ferguson
, and @R2GFifa
to join the game, either as similar players to those used in the previous ICAPC or completely different. (Or in-between. Whatever you want.) I would also like to specifically invite @ale85bg
, who showed interest in this at the end of the last one, as well as anyone else who wants to join. Or even if you don't want to join but are bored.
You will be able to choose everything about the player except for the birth year, which will be 1998 for every player, and the starting club. They will all begin their career club-less. To join, all you have to do is fill out the below template.Given Name:
Date of Birth (1998):
Place of Birth (City, Country):
Top three person attributes*:
Position(s) (up to three, primary bolded):
Top three mental attributes*:
Top three physical attributes*:
Top three technical attributes* (if GK replace with goalkeeper attributes*):
Preferred moves* (three):
Favourite People (three):
Favourite Clubs (three):
Disliked People (three):
Disliked Clubs (three):
* List of person attributes: adaptability, ambition, controversy, loyalty, pressure, professionalism, sportsmanship, temperament.
* List of mental attributes: aggression, anticipation, bravery, composure, concentration, consistency, decisions, determination, dirtiness, flair, important matches, leadership, movement, positioning, teamwork, vision, work rate.
* List of physical attributes: acceleration, agility, balance, injury proneness, jumping reach, natural fitness, pace, stamina, strength.
* List of technical attributes: corners, crossing, dribbling, finishing, first touch, free kicks, heading, long shots, long throws, marking, passing, penalty taking, tackling, technique, versatility.
* List of goalkeeping attributes: aerial ability, command of area, communication, eccentricity, handling, kicking, one on ones, reflexes, rushing out, tendency to punch, throwing.
* List of preferred moves: runs with ball down left, runs with ball down right, runs with ball through the centre, gets into opposition area, moves into channels, gets forward whenever possible, plays short simple passes, tries killer balls often, shoots from distance, shoots with power, places shots, curls ball, likes to round keeper, likes to try to break offside trap, argues with officials, likes to lob keeper, plays no through balls, dwells on ball, arrives late in opposition area, tries to play way out of trouble, stays back at all times, dives into tackles, does not dive into tackles, hits free kicks with power, runs with ball often, runs with ball rarely, tries long range free kicks, cuts inside, comes deep to get ball, hugs line, looks for pass rather than attempting to score, marks opponent tightly, plays with back to goal, possesses long flat throw, stops play, tries first time shots, plays one-twos, dictates tempo, attempts overhead kicks, knocks ball past opponent, avoids using weaker foot, tries long range passes, likes to switch ball to other flank, uses long throw to start counter attacks, refrains from taking long shots, penalty box player.
* Positions: Same as FIFA, except the possible positions do not include CF and do include SW, LWB, and RWB.
Signups close on Friday, 4 December. You will not be able to sign up after this has started. Sign up quickly before you will no longer be able to.
Chris Whitehead (Chris)
Stefanos Chatzis (R2GFifa)
Tom Great (tomgreat1990)
Jason Stettner (Wyojasond)
Andreas Refaelov (ale85bg)
Brad Gee (Braad)
Matt Harvey (LaMertesackerRun)
Michael Ballack (ESexton18)
Mertesacker Run (LaMertesackerRun)
Christoph Weißkopf (Chris)
Paulinho O'Shea (CaTriEm)
Santi Klaus (Braad)
Claudio Favaro (ale85bg)
Pablo Sebastián Neira (Bastianpaul)