OT - The Comic Book Shop: SPIDER-MAN

Comments

• XxRichiexRichxX
    35305 posts World Cup Winner
    hoban95 wrote: »
    Yeah i need to watch Suicide Squad and this new tv show...

Same. I'm behind. I missed the initial release of Suicide Squad and that's the only reason I haven't started Peacemaker yet.

Finally got around to watching Eternals, enjoyed it a lot. Thought it was much better than some of the reviews it was getting at launch.
  • Tornado31619
    32349 posts National Team Captain
    Is Knull more closely associated with the symbiotes than with Gorr and Silver Surfer? Trying to work out if he’s owned by Sony or Marvel.
  • XxRichiexRichxX
    edited January 15
    Is Knull more closely associated with the symbiotes than with Gorr and Silver Surfer? Trying to work out if he’s owned by Sony or Marvel.

Marvel own the rights to Knull is my understanding due to Marvel creating him after after Sony got Spidermans rights.
  • Tornado31619
    But AFAIK anybody associated with Spider-Man or his supporting characters enters Sony ownership regardless of when they debut. Knull didn’t debut in a Spider-Man/Venom comic, but he became increasingly more important to them, like how Marvel’s co-ownership of Fisk is based on him gradually becoming more important to Daredevil.
  • CeeQue
    14784 posts Has That Special Something
    Low Ki wrote: »
    Peacemaker is excellent.

Yoooo this show is definitely not for kids. It's really good kinda corny but same levels as Deadpool of humor
  • XxRichiexRichxX
    But AFAIK anybody associated with Spider-Man or his supporting characters enters Sony ownership regardless of when they debut. Knull didn’t debut in a Spider-Man/Venom comic, but he became increasingly more important to them, like how Marvel’s co-ownership of Fisk is based on him gradually becoming more important to Daredevil.

I mean sure, but my understanding (and tbf it's limited on the character) is that Knull is a Thanos level character in the sense that he's a villian to most of the MCU, not just Venom/Spiderman.

Idk the whole rights thing is a mess.
  • CeeQue
    Are there any big bad villains that are not tied to the X-Men or F4 storyline?
  • Tornado31619
    Norman Osborn?
  • CeeQue
    Norman Osborn?

I was referring to Thanos level in quality. I know Kang is being set-up to arch a few movies.
  • Low Ki
    13755 posts Has That Special Something
    edited January 16
    CeeQue wrote: »
    Norman Osborn?

I was referring to Thanos level in quality. I know Kang is being set-up to arch a few movies.

Nope.

Doom, Magneto, Galactus........even Kang technically debuted in FF and his origin has always been alluded to be a descendant of Richards and/or Doom.

Thry even went so far as to give him the name of Reed Richard's father.
  • Tornado31619
    The Beyonder isn’t really tied to the F4.
  • krakos000
    18064 posts World Class
    Finished ep 1 of Peacemaker. Love it so far
  • Tornado31619
    MOM post-credit leak:
    Charlize Theron is Clea apparently. There goes my Sasha Kravinoff fan-cast.
  • Low Ki
    edited January 18
    Guys, I think Joss Whedon is a sociopath:
    https://www.vulture.com/article/joss-whedon-allegations.html
    On our second day of interviews, I asked Whedon about his affairs on the set of Buffy. He looked worse than he had the day before. His eyes were faintly bloodshot. He hadn’t slept well. “I feel ❤️❤️❤️❤️ terrible about them,” he said. When I pressed him on why, he noted “it messes up the power dynamic,” but he didn’t expand on that thought. Instead, he quickly added that he had felt he “had” to sleep with them, that he was “powerless” to resist. I laughed. “I’m not actually joking,” he said. He had been surrounded by beautiful young women — the sort of women who had ignored him when he was younger — and he feared if he didn’t have sex with them, he would “always regret it.”

I spoke with three women who dated Whedon after his marriage ended. In their stories, he was not the hero they had read about in the press, the one who wanted to see women in control; he was more like the cold-blooded men he depicted in his work. Sarah, a pseudonym, met Whedon when he was promoting Age of Ultron. She was a 22-year-old freelance writer who interviewed him for a pop-culture website; after the piece published, they began a sexual relationship. “He led me to believe he was single,” she said. One night she went out for drinks alone with a friend Whedon wanted her to meet. After the friend mentioned she had a long-term boyfriend, Sarah asked what his name was. “I’m dating Joss Whedon,” the woman replied. Sarah went into the bathroom and threw up. “What the ❤️❤️❤️❤️ is he playing at?” she remembers thinking.

Amazing how Ray Fisher won in the end.
  • Low Ki
    edited January 18

Liked everything except the suit forming on him like a symbiote.
  • Tornado31619
    Not really sure how you can add an emoticon to that…
  • XxRichiexRichxX
    edited January 19
    Not really sure how you can add an emoticon to that…

it's a crying emoticon. Hard to tell with the sunglasses...but T.O. was crying in the interview that that emoticon comes from.
  • Tornado31619
    I could tell his expression, but still…
  • XxRichiexRichxX
    I could tell his expression, but still…

lol... then I don't understand what the issue is... would be no different than if he put :cry:
  • CeeQue
    Don't really know much about him but this show will be overshadowed by his untimely death
  • Tornado31619
    Eh, maybe I just associate his posts with humour too much.
  • CeeQue
    New episode of Peacemaker was legit dwill.png

Especially the rant about Batman was nothing but body shots 50KS8.png
  • Tornado31619
    ❤️❤️❤️❤️ me, Cloak and Dagger is absolutely horrifying. D’Spayre is arguably more deplorable than Kilgrave.
  • Shshj
    11954 posts Has That Special Something
    I don’t suppose we have any Star Wars fans in here who are watching The Book of Boba Fett? I couldn’t see another thread for it.
  • CeeQue
    Shshj wrote: »
    I don’t suppose we have any Star Wars fans in here who are watching The Book of Boba Fett? I couldn’t see another thread for it.

Is it out yet? I did like the Mandalorian and his character was good in that series.
  • Tornado31619
    There is a show out, just not about Boba Fett…
  • CeeQue
    Is that a different series? I thought that's the spin off. Course I haven't seen it but I want to but not yet though.
  • Shshj
    edited February 2
    Without spoiling anything, it’s meant to be a separate spin-off to the Mandalorian that follows Boba Fett on Tatooine.

But the writers have made some…interesting choices. It’s 100% worth a watch though.
  • Shshj
    edited February 2
    There is a show out, just not about Boba Fett…
    Honestly when I saw last week’s episode I thought Disney had accidentally uploaded the first episode of the new Mando series.

I mean it was a great episode, so was today’s, however they have absolutely nothing to do with Boba Fett.

The Mandalorian’s, the Naboo starfighter, Ashoka, Luke, R2D2, Grogu. All good stuff that have absolutely nothing to do with Boba Fett and that’s an issue in a show that’s meant to focus on him :joy: