OT - The Comic Book Shop: ENDGAME

Comments

• Low Ki
    12708 posts Has That Special Something
    From Kick-❤️❤️❤️❤️ to Quicksilver to Kraven. Guys getting around comic book movies.
  • krakos000
    17867 posts World Class
    Lol wtf
  • krakos000
    17867 posts World Class
    Sony gonna Sony
  • krakos000
    17867 posts World Class
    I assume that means no MCU Kraven?
  • Tornado31619
    27987 posts Player of the Year
    Sadly.
  • Tornado31619
    Okoye’s getting a show on Disney+. It seemingly won’t be connected to whatever Coogler’s been writing, unless he’s involved as well.
  • Tornado31619
    MODOK exemplifies how not all comedies need to be funny.
  • Tornado31619
    Reports indicate that the Sinister Six will not include Vulture, Mysterio or any other MCU villains.

I guess that’s a good sign.
  • Low Ki
  • Low Ki
    https://www.cbr.com/captain-america-4-sharon-carters-role-changed/
    Sharon Carter was going to be the main villain in Cap 4 :|:|:|
  • Tornado31619
    Sharon and Karli really needed an extra episode.

On another note, all signs are pointing towards a NWH trailer tomorrow. As sceptical of the premise as I’ve been, seeing Tobey and Andrew with Tom will definitely put a smile on my face.

Sticking with Spider-Man:

I reckon Black Cat, with Sam Elliott as Walter Hardy. Sucks that yet another character will be off limits for the MCU.
  • Tornado31619
    In the latest edition of ‘fandoms suck’, Sony Pictures has had to disable comments on its social media posts due to Spider-Man fans joking about ❤️❤️❤️❤️ and killing rabbits as a result of Peter Rabbit 2 getting a trailer and not No Way Home.
  • krakos000
    17867 posts World Class
    Wtf is wrong with people man. I'm afraid this movie seems like it's gonna be the most divisive thing to come out in a while for Marvel/Sony. People are doing the same thing they did in WandaVision and getting too deep into the theories/rumors. People are going to be upset no matter how the movie ends up I think
  • Tornado31619
    The Marvel fandom has certainly gotten more toxic since WandaVision.

Most people have accepted that Tom, Tobey and Andrew will be teaming up against the Sinister Six, led by Dafoe’s Goblin. We know for a fact that Foxx’s Electro and Molina’s Doc Ock are in this, not to mention that Doctor Strange serves as an appropriate vehicle for the multiverse that will also be explored in MOM, which releases next year. There are those are thrilled at this prospect, and understandably so, and those who are more sceptical not just of the rumours but also of the concept as a whole, particularly given the quality of the last two attempts at featuring numerous plotlines in a single Spider-Man movie.

My concerns stem from the lack of development that important supporting characters like Ned have received. He is funny, don’t get me wrong, but that by itself doesn’t suffice for character development. At least Michelle’s originality provides her character with a bit more flexibility that doesn’t have to be explored in NWH, as ideal as it would be.
    But my point is that the Spider-Verse and Sinister Six might take away from the development of characters who really need it. For a character with a world as expansive as Spidey’s, the John Hughes/Disney Channel approach doesn’t really work IMO. At least not in the long run.

I also just think that Spider-Verse and especially the Sinister Six are being adapted prematurely. Where do you go from there? The current partnership between Disney and Sony Pictures is evidently of mutual benefit, so it would be fairly illogical to end the deal after NWH and Tom’s next contractual appearance. But how do you market future movies? There’s not a hope in hell of something like gang wars being adapted after the Spider-Man equivalent of Endgame. Or maybe there is, I don’t know. It’s just that with FFH having greater stakes than HC, and NWH more than FFH, Fisk bashing someone’s head in with a car door may feel like a spectacle whiplash for audiences. And frankly, even if villains like Mister Negative and Hobgoblin were to be used, you have a similar problem. It doesn’t help that other characters at Sony like Venom, Kraven, Black Cat and Silver Sable are looking less likely to meet Tom’s Spidey, and that in general there is a lot of uncertainty over the character’s future across the MCU and SUMC.

I seem to have gone off-topic, so I think I’ll wrap this up. There are distinct factions within the fandom at the moment - those who want Spider-Verse, and those who don’t. At this point, I’m just hoping that NWH is a good movie, because if I’m going to treat it with this much ambivalence in the run-up, I might as well just let it pass by and see what the future holds.

I know, I’m looking far too deep into this :lol:
  • Low Ki
    The internet started finding ways to ruin everything I like once Gamergate and Comicsgate started.

Leave it to insecure neckbeards doing vlogs to rail on about the feminist agenda and progressiveness killing manliness.
  • Tornado31619
    edited June 7
    Been up for an hour and he’s already getting cancelled lmao

EDIT: I’ve already found one Tweet that was clearly meant ironically, which he confirmed himself.
  • krakos000
    17867 posts World Class
    First episode of Loki. Bit slow but only because it sets up A LOT. Love it and can't wait for more
  • Tornado31619
    I really enjoyed it, actually.
  • krakos000
    17867 posts World Class
    I love all of the set up for basically the whole next phase. Payoff from the tease of Nexus from WV and then the "MADNESS of the MULTIVERSE" lol. Gonna be a wild ride coming up. I love how the TVA is a place out of time, but its stuck in the 70s aesthetic wise lol. The ❤️❤️❤️❤️ desk of infinity stones got me as well. I'm excited to see where they go with this...I feel like WV will end up coinciding with this show time wise and that Wanda will do something not according to the timeline.
    I really enjoyed it, actually.

• krakos000
    17867 posts World Class
    Black widow tickets are on sale 😱
  • Tornado31619
    Hahahahaha
    https://comicbook.com/marvel/news/sony-confirms-morbius-isnt-in-mcu-marvel-studios/
    I can’t believe that Disney turned down $5b to buy back the rights in 2014. Good god.
  • krakos000
    17867 posts World Class
    Hahahahaha
    https://comicbook.com/marvel/news/sony-confirms-morbius-isnt-in-mcu-marvel-studios/
    I can’t believe that Disney turned down $5b to buy back the rights in 2014. Good god.

🤦‍♂️
  • krakos000
    17867 posts World Class
    edited June 16
    Also Loki ep 2 was lit! Sets up No Way Home and Strange 2 👀
    the branching timelines obviously and then them explaining how there are many different Loki variants with different looks etc sets up there being different Spider men. BAM
  • Tornado31619
    So apparently Olivia Wilde’s Spider-Woman movie will feature Jessica Drew, and it will have no involvement from Marvel Studios… this should go down well.
  • Tornado31619
    Great episode today.
  • krakos000
    17867 posts World Class
    Great episode today.

I'm loving it so far dude. That episode was pretty action packed too but had tons of bonding time and dialog. Pretty interesting ending too