OT - The Comic Book Shop: ENDGAME

Comments

• Low Ki
    12640 posts Has That Special Something
    krakos000 wrote: »
    WAT that's the one I'm most hyped for 😂

You're legitimately the first person I've heard say that. Both in terms of fans of the comics and of the movies lol

I'm wondering where Black Panther goes. Initially I thought it'd be Shuri but she went full-blown anti-vaxxer crazy. Don't know if they can recast T'Challa.....Killmonger redemption story?

It's in a weird spot right now from a creative and personal standpoint.
  • krakos000
    17840 posts World Class
    Nahh I've seen plenty hyped for it because it's fresh and a new story etc like how GotG was when it first came out. That's how I feel about it. Plus Zhao just won an Oscar so you know it'll be directed beautifully.
  • Tornado31619
    27158 posts Player of the Year
    Nomadland wasn’t great 🤷🏼‍♂️
  • Tornado31619
    Black Superman is happening at WB. They’re using Kal-El - not Calvin Ellis or Val-Zod - and MBJ is NOT involved. They’re searching for a Black director as well.
  • cmm_1991
    2267 posts Fans' Favourite
    Black Superman is happening at WB. They’re using Kal-El - not Calvin Ellis or Val-Zod - and MBJ is NOT involved. They’re searching for a Black director as well.

What a load of rubbish, what's next a male wonder woman
  • Tornado31619
    Unrelated, but Wonder Man does exist as a Marvel character.
  • XxRichiexRichxX
    34113 posts National Team Captain
    Honestly dumb they aren’t doing Calvin if they are doing to black Superman route.

Even bigger bummer that Cavill seems to be done. I thought he was the perfect cast of Superman, even if Snyder screwed up the role imo
  • Low Ki
    Wasn't the black Superman in the comics basically an Elsewords Obama or did they create a new one since then?

If it's the former, that'll go over well with Snydercutters.
  • Tornado31619
    Low Ki wrote: »
    Wasn't the black Superman in the comics basically an Elsewords Obama or did they create a new one since then?

If it's the former, that'll go over well with Snydercutters.

There were multiple, Obama being one of them. But the point is that they’re simply making Clark Kent black.
  • Tornado31619
    VENOM
  • CeeQue
    13733 posts Has That Special Something
    VENOM

rejoice.png

Only in Theaters though - comeon.pngmartin3.png
  • Tornado31619
    Unlike Disney and WB, they don’t have their own streaming service.
  • XxRichiexRichxX
    Maybe now's a good time for me to watch the first one. :grin:
  • CeeQue

Really I thought they had movies on some of those streaming sites. Not surprised though but companies need to look at HBO Max same day experience at home at least for 1 month isn't so bad.
  • Tornado31619
    CeeQue wrote: »

Really I thought they had movies on some of those streaming sites. Not surprised though but companies need to look at HBO Max same day experience at home at least for 1 month isn't so bad.

Sony has Netflix and Disney+ as outlets, but it’s pointless relying on them because they then lose a portion of the profits. Besides, it’ll be out in September, by which point we should be fine.

Also, nobody's going to be following the HBO Max model after the controversy it caused with cinema chains, and frankly I’d be sceptical of anyone looking to emulate anything from WB at the moment.
  • Low Ki
    edited May 11
    "And I took that personally" - Gal Gadot, probably.

• XxRichiexRichxX
    Yeah, I've been having that argument of Theaters vs streaming releases with some friends. The WB releasing everything on HBO Max didn't sit well with a lot of theater chains AND a large chunk of Hollywood producers and actors with supposedly several of the best threatening not to work with WB again.

Add that into the fact that there's just too much money to be made by studios through ticket sales of theatrical release and they're definitely not ready to lose that yet. It'll take Cinemas closing down or a collective effort by fans not going to movies or all the top studios announcing streaming releases for studios to swap completely to stream releases.
  • CeeQue
    Yeah, I've been having that argument of Theaters vs streaming releases with some friends. The WB releasing everything on HBO Max didn't sit well with a lot of theater chains AND a large chunk of Hollywood producers and actors with supposedly several of the best threatening not to work with WB again.

Add that into the fact that there's just too much money to be made by studios through ticket sales of theatrical release and they're definitely not ready to lose that yet. It'll take Cinemas closing down or a collective effort by fans not going to movies or all the top studios announcing streaming releases for studios to swap completely to stream releases.

It's an End of an Era for Cinemas lads. Let's be real I know the experience of being in a movie theater is genuinely great. But during a pandemic and beyond it make sense for studios to cut out the middle man (cinemas) and go direct to the customers.
  • XxRichiexRichxX
    edited May 11
    CeeQue wrote: »

It's an End of an Era for Cinemas lads. Let's be real I know the experience of being in a movie theater is genuinely great. But during a pandemic and beyond it make sense for studios to cut out the middle man (cinemas) and go direct to the customers.

I know that's what the customer wants...but studios are too greedy for that. Why would they cut out going to the theater where they are getting paid a percent of ticket sales (key detail is 1 ticket per person) for a streaming service where the group of say 3+ people can watch the newly released movie for the price of 1-2 tickets AND watch it several times? They are too greedy for that. Like I said I think it'll take people to just stop going to theaters for them to make that switch OR studios collectively going that route.

Like with the WW84 release, the month it was released doubled subscription numbers (though there were other contributors to that), Nielson reported that WW84 was view just over 14m times on HBO Max and it was estimated to have only made about 75m from HBO MAX. And obviously it's impossible to determine exactly how many people viewed WW84 through HBO MAX, but it's 10000% more than 14m. But even so, take that 14m and multiply it by the average cost of a movie ticket this year and compare to the estimated 75m they received from the HBO Max, THEN factor in how many people are viewing on one account or TV, and there's millions being lost.
  • Tornado31619
    Really looking forward to Quantumania ngl, just as long as they don’t overstuff it with all of the Young Avengers. It would be really cool if it was just Kang travelling back in time from the future to hunt down Cassie so that she can’t form the group
  • Tornado31619
    First episode of MODOK is out, if any of you are into that sort of thing.
  • Tornado31619
    Expect a NWH trailer within the next two weeks.
  • krakos000
    17840 posts World Class
    Expect a NWH trailer within the next two weeks.

Woooo!!! Also I'll check modok out today I didn't realize it was already out
  • krakos000
    17840 posts World Class

I knew it'd be visually stunning but didn't expect it to be THAT visually stunning. Looks incredible
  • Tornado31619
    Wasn’t a fan of Nomadland, but I’m sure this’ll be good.
  • krakos000
    17840 posts World Class
    Wasn’t a fan of Nomadland, but I’m sure this’ll be good.

I haven't seen it but was it at least visually nice?
  • Tornado31619
    Nothing special.
  • Low Ki
    I thought it looked average with some nice visuals. So, a more visually striking Inhumans I guess?

Feels more like a TV drama from that trailer.
  • krakos000
    17840 posts World Class
    I read the director used more practical effects vs CGI so it's more commenting on how well it looks in that aspect. I mean its not something like Dr Strange but it looks really nicely made.