OT - The Comic Book Shop: ENDGAME

Comments

• krakos000
    17819 posts World Class
    I enjoyed the episode but it was slow similar to the first episode. Action at the start was sick
    finally he got his ❤️❤️❤️❤️ beat lol. I loved the emotional parts of the episode like John with Lemars parents lying to them. I liked the courthouse scene and that character I had to look up after 😂. Loved the training montage too. But the best was definitely Isaiah and Sam and hearing how his story was. Just heartbreaking and sucks that Steve had no idea either. Makes me wonder how he would have felt...❤️❤️❤️❤️ them for that tease of the suit but not showing it too lol
  • krakos000
    17819 posts World Class
    The multiverse has officially been confirmed for No Way Home by Alfred Molina.
    https://variety.com/2021/film/news/alfred-molina-spider-man-no-way-home-doc-ock-1234953527/

Sucks, but it is what it is.

I know we differ on this but I don't mind it if it's done right and makes sense. We'll have to wait and fully see
  • CeeQue
    13692 posts Has That Special Something
    Yeah, I’ve got to say that I wasn’t that impressed this week. Looks like the finale is going to be another round of just ‘and then they fight’.
    Karli’s just another generic villain now, great.
    Yeah even Batroc was like I'm not joining your Jihad hhh4.pngcamby.png
  • krakos000
    17819 posts World Class
    Yo that fighting though goddamn 🤤

Looks great
  • Tornado31619
    25901 posts Player of the Year
    Holy ❤️❤️❤️❤️ that looks good
  • krakos000
    17819 posts World Class
    Looks like exactly what I'd expect a Marvel martial arts movie to look like.
  • CeeQue
    I hope these movies are both streaming and theaters on day 1. Not that you have the access to purchase it for an additional $30 camby.png
  • Tornado31619
    CeeQue wrote: »
    I hope these movies are both streaming and theaters on day 1. Not that you have the access to purchase it for an additional $30 camby.png

Might not be that expensive but I doubt they’ll be free
  • Tornado31619
    Emilia Clarke also joining Secret Invasion.
  • XxRichiexRichxX
    34048 posts National Team Captain
    3WNHoQo.jpg
  • XxRichiexRichxX
    edited April 23
    Great Finale.
    Suspected all along about Sharon being the Power Broker, confirmed that episode, sets up some nice future material

Mortal Kombat time.
  • krakos000
    17819 posts World Class
    Great Finale.
    Suspected all along about Sharon being the Power Broker, confirmed that episode, sets up some nice future material

Mortal Kombat time.
    I agree!! And I saw lots of hate for her being the PB and tbh it didn't make too much sense at first but thinking how she got left in the dust and her life in ruins...yeah I'd be pissed too. But I half think she's a skrull since that would also set up secret invasion well.

The episode was good but not great imo. Felt a little rushed at times and chaotic. Maybe covid affected that but it still had some great parts. While I liked Sam's speech it felt maybe a tad too long but his costume and the way he fights with the new wings is sick. Loved Buckys conclusion but that part felt rushed too. I loved US AGENT happening and it definitely seems like she's setting up a sorta "Suicide Squad" like team. Can't wait for whatever thats gonna be. Isaiahs ending was nice and I only wish Steve could have known
  • XxRichiexRichxX
    krakos000 wrote: »
    Great Finale.

Mortal Kombat time.
    I agree!! And I saw lots of hate for her being the PB and tbh it didn't make too much sense at first but thinking how she got left in the dust and her life in ruins...yeah I'd be pissed too. But I half think she's a skrull since that would also set up secret invasion well.

The episode was good but not great imo. Felt a little rushed at times and chaotic. Maybe covid affected that but it still had some great parts. While I liked Sam's speech it felt maybe a tad too long but his costume and the way he fights with the new wings is sick. Loved Buckys conclusion but that part felt rushed too. I loved US AGENT happening and it definitely seems like she's setting up a sorta "Suicide Squad" like team. Can't wait for whatever thats gonna be. Isaiahs ending was nice and I only wish Steve could have known
    Agreed about the treatment of Sharon... the Skrull route is definitely a great route, but kinda don't see that happening. But definitely a good way to preserve her character.

And I agree about Bucky's conclusion, felt they could have done more with that. I feel like they could have probably done 1-2 more episodes. But for what it was, I thought it was a great series. Bring on Loki.
  • Low Ki
    12618 posts Has That Special Something
    Captain America 4 movie is confirmed.
  • CeeQue
    edited April 23
    Finale was ehh3.png
    The way Karli died though martin3.png

Overall this series felt like a movie.

Zeemos revenge at the end though banderas.png
  • Low Ki
    Everyone got an ending. We also didn't get confirmation Batroc is dead, just shot so in my mind GSP is still alive. Probably dead but I won't listen otherwise.

I want to believe the way the Zemo scene segued into Val talking about him is leading to the Thunderbolts. Could Citizen V be a thing now? I heard somewhere that Val is meant to play into Black Widow, her character was meant to debut there and there show up here but COVID threw the order of.....so maybe we also get Yelena in the mix.

Also hoping Taskmaster continues past Black Widow. Too fun a character to throw away.
  • Tornado31619
    The scene with Isaiah’s memorial at the Smithsonian is the closest that I have come to crying for an MCU film or show.
  • Tornado31619

BP2 is subtitled ‘Wakanda Forever’ and Captain Marvel 2 has been fully renamed as ‘The Marvels’. I’m sorry, but the second one is absolutely crap.
  • krakos000
    17819 posts World Class
    That video hit different. I got chills <3

Well the Marvel's makes total sense though given Kamala and Monica are probably in it and who knows who else.
  • CeeQue

BP2 is subtitled ‘Wakanda Forever’ and Captain Marvel 2 has been fully renamed as ‘The Marvels’. I’m sorry, but the second one is absolutely crap.

Aaayyyyeeeo what.png Black Widow was suppose to be out last year around this time beli.png

Some cracking movies but personally after BP2 I'm not interested in the 2 following movies francis.png Hope some new TV series are in the works. They need to follow DC with the Animated movies.
  • Tornado31619

Aaayyyyeeeo what.png Black Widow was suppose to be out last year around this time beli.png

Some cracking movies but personally after BP2 I'm not interested in the 2 following movies francis.png Hope some new TV series are in the works. They need to follow DC with the Animated movies.

I Am Groot being the MCU’s only animated release to date is fairly indicative of their stance on animation. Why not just spend resources on a movie-level show?

You mention the DC animated films, and I’ll even throw Star Wars into the mix, but neither of them had any big releases coming up when they aired. Because WB didn’t want to spend, we got the animated films and TCW instead.

Had Disney owned Lucasfilm at the time, The Clone Wars would either have been live-action or they’d just have made another film. Only reason they revived it and are making the Bad Batch is because of the acclaim. Mando and all of their other upcoming shows are live-action.

A lot of people say that Disney wouldn’t have made Spider-Verse, and I don’t think they’re wrong.
  • CeeQue
    edited May 3

I Am Groot being the MCU’s only animated release to date is fairly indicative of their stance on animation. Why not just spend resources on a movie-level show?

You mention the DC animated films, and I’ll even throw Star Wars into the mix, but neither of them had any big releases coming up when they aired. Because WB didn’t want to spend, we got the animated films and TCW instead.

Had Disney owned Lucasfilm at the time, The Clone Wars would either have been live-action or they’d just have made another film. Only reason they revived it and are making the Bad Batch is because of the acclaim. Mando and all of their other upcoming shows are live-action.

A lot of people say that Disney wouldn’t have made Spider-Verse, and I don’t think they’re wrong.

DC has made a few animated movies that were pretty good recently. They are more R Rated so I don't think Disney will head that route.

Forgot about What if? Is suppose to be an animated series.
    Post edited by CeeQue on
  • Tornado31619
    Yeah forgot about that as well, I know that Spider-Verse is Sony but I think in general they’ll be saving animation for non-canon stuff
  • Low Ki
    edited May 3
    That hype reel was really well done. Excited for everything that’s coming.

Except for Eternals. zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
  • krakos000
    17819 posts World Class
    WAT that's the one I'm most hyped for 😂