OT - The Comic Book Shop: ENDGAME

Comments

• XxRichiexRichxX
    34103 posts National Team Captain
    hoban95 wrote: »

One of my favourite comic stories of all time. I'm game.

The cast is so good
  • CeeQue
    13720 posts Has That Special Something
    Anyone watching the Invincible series on Amazon Prime. DC's anime is just picard.png

• Tornado31619
    26067 posts Player of the Year
    On the topic of iconic comic-book stories, how many comics have you guys actually read? I owned one issue of Ultimate Spider-Man as a kid and recently read Kraven’s Last Hunt. That’s it :lol:
  • CeeQue
    On the topic of iconic comic-book stories, how many comics have you guys actually read? I owned one issue of Ultimate Spider-Man as a kid and recently read Kraven’s Last Hunt. That’s it :lol:

I used to collect the Wolverines issues. Especially around the time when Magneto ripped out his adamantium from his body and he started using his bones.
  • hoban95
    61856 posts Icon

I got a lot of graphic novels and some single issues. I’ve probs read every major dc justice league and Batman story from early 90s to flashpoint in 2011. Read some of the new 52 but found it hard to keep up with all the reboots.
  • hoban95
    61856 posts Icon
    I'd say the first proper Batman graphic Novel that got me into the world of comics was Batman Hush.
  • Low Ki
    12625 posts Has That Special Something
    edited April 9
    CeeQue wrote: »

I used to collect the Wolverines issues. Especially around the time when Magneto ripped out his adamantium from his body and he started using his bones.

Oh god the Jim Lee 90's :lol:

Marvel went bankrupt at that time and went through a massive restructure. Great stuff as a kid with the X-Men and Spider-Man cartoon but most of the books were in a bad place.

I soured on it and got back in during the era Quesada took over editorial post-bankruptcy. There's some amazing stuff at that time like Marvel Knights, MAX and Ultimate imprints as well as anything Brubaker wrote those days.

Most of the stuff in the movies came from the massive concept reworks from that era. Particularly the entire Avengers line which went from second fiddle to the X-Men to front and center.

That's also when I started reading the Vertigo/Wildstorm/Image imprints from that time which opened me up to a lot of quality creator helmed stuff. There's some good stuff buried in there.

I think I gave up on most mainstream titles after Jonathan Hickman's Avengers run which IMO was perfection. Only one I'm currently reading is The Immortal Hulk which is basically a horror and pretty twisted story that somehow plays very strongly to the character's published backstory despite the drastically different tone.
  • Low Ki
    12625 posts Has That Special Something
    What a visual to close the episode with. That looked like the closing panel right out of a comic book.
  • Tornado31619
    Not a spoiler for this week, but just in case anyone plans on binging:
  • CeeQue
    Low Ki wrote: »

Oh god the Jim Lee 90's :lol:

Marvel went bankrupt at that time and went through a massive restructure. Great stuff as a kid with the X-Men and Spider-Man cartoon but most of the books were in a bad place.

Every Saturday mornings was banderas.png
  • hoban95
    61856 posts Icon
    The x men and Spider-Man shows from the 90s were so good. Those iconic theme songs.

The Batman animated series is still the GOAT for me though.
  • CeeQue
    hoban95 wrote: »
    The x men and Spider-Man shows from the 90s were so good. Those iconic theme songs.

The Batman animated series is still the GOAT for me though.

Yeah I still remember how the Spider-man series ended with the multi-verse saga. Was pretty cool but it kinda ended wanting more.

The X-Men shows were very adult for their time.
  • krakos000
    17819 posts World Class
    edited April 9
    What a visual to close the episode with. That looked like the closing panel right out of a comic book.

That episode was fantastic gave me major Cap2 vibes more than any of the others so far.
    the Dora milaje beating up John Walker was awesome. Karli threatening Sam's sister and nephews was rough...but now the 0 to 100 part. John taking the serum, Karli killing Lemar and then John going nuts killing the guy with the shield while the public filmed and Sam and Bucky watched was ❤️❤️❤️❤️ NUTS. I didn't see the show getting that dark and brutal tbh.
    Loved it
  • XxRichiexRichxX
    krakos000 wrote: »

That episode was fantastic gave me major Cap2 vibes more than any of the others so far.
    the Dora milaje beating up John Walker was awesome. Karli threatening Sam's sister and nephews was rough...but now the 0 to 100 part. John taking the serum, Karli killing Lemar and then John going nuts killing the guy with the shield while the public filmed and Sam and Bucky watched was ❤️❤️❤️❤️ NUTS. I didn't see the show getting that dark and brutal tbh.
    Loved it

Yep. Great episode. They slowed things down a tad, but it was calculated. Great ending to lead into next weeks episode
  • krakos000
    17819 posts World Class

Loved it

Yep. Great episode. They slowed things down a tad, but it was calculated. Great ending to lead into next weeks episode

It slowed but it worked well because it made things more tense imo. I watched it at midnight half asleep but the whole ending woke up me up 😂
  • YOOOOOO HOLY ❤️❤️❤️❤️ THAT ENDING
  • Tornado31619
    Great stuff so far.
    I really want to see Karli redeem herself, or at least reach a diplomatic conclusion with Sam without Dickface McGhee ❤️❤️❤️❤️ everything up.
  • CeeQue
    AaaaaeeeYoooo full this episode
  • CeeQue
    Great stuff so far.
    I really want to see Karli redeem herself, or at least reach a diplomatic conclusion with Sam without Dickface McGhee ❤️❤️❤️❤️ everything up.

Nah bruh full she needs a good reason to not get slumped
  • hoban95
    61856 posts Icon
    Great stuff so far.

RT :joy:
  • XxRichiexRichxX

Loved it

It slowed but it worked well because it made things more tense imo. I watched it at midnight half asleep but the whole ending woke up me up 😂

Right. Like I said it was definitely calculated and worked out well. Loved it.
  • XxRichiexRichxX
    Great stuff so far.

• Tornado31619
    Nice to see everyone on Reddit totally not hyping up a major appearance in episode five. But at least it’ll be entertaining when nothing happens once again and they all start claiming that they’ve been gaslighted for a second time.
  • krakos000
    17819 posts World Class
    Nice to see everyone on Reddit totally not hyping up a major appearance in episode five. But at least it’ll be entertaining when nothing happens once again and they all start claiming that they’ve been gaslighted for a second time.

I'm not buying into it this time.
  • krakos000
    17819 posts World Class
    But what if it's Mephisto...
  • Tornado31619
    edited April 16
    Yeah, I’ve got to say that I wasn’t that impressed this week. Looks like the finale is going to be another round of just ‘and then they fight’.
    Karli’s just another generic villain now, great.
    Post edited by Tornado31619 on
  • Tornado31619
    Someone who leaked the cameo in this week’s episode also has a leak for No Way Home.
  • CeeQue
    Someone who leaked the cameo in this week’s episode also has a leak for No Way Home.

The GoT leaks ruined my experience for me martin3.png

Will just wait for the movie.
  • Tornado31619
    The multiverse has officially been confirmed for No Way Home by Alfred Molina.
    https://variety.com/2021/film/news/alfred-molina-spider-man-no-way-home-doc-ock-1234953527/

Sucks, but it is what it is.