OT - The Comic Book Shop: ENDGAME

Comments

• Tornado31619
    23233 posts Club Captain
    What was the point of including the sequences that featured Batman being overwhelmed by the Parademons and (separately) held captive by Superman in an Injustice-esque dystopian future, then?
  • XxRichiexRichxX
    33592 posts National Team Captain
    What was the point of including the sequences that featured Batman being overwhelmed by the Parademons and (separately) held captive by Superman in an Injustice-esque dystopian future, then?

Well SUPPOSEDLY the missing scenes that would have tied those scenes in better or make sense of them were scenes that were cut and were to be included in the Snyder Cut.

To me the "reshoots" are silly, considering its for a 3 year old film, and it makes the whole "Snyder Cut" feel less authentic. Because now we won't know what he had actually filmed originally and intended to release vs what has been added with these reshoots that he thought about between the original filming and now. I want to see what the original intended release was supposed to be.

I don't really care much about the whole rewrites and butting heads with the studios drama that occurred throughout the production because its something that happens frequently on most movie sets. They were long finished filming before the unfortunate tragedy occurred and longer before he stepped away. So my thing is, he the time to finish the scenes that were supposedly "unfinished". I'd imagine he had the budget available as well considering they spent another 25m in post production specifically for reshoots.

It's just silly to me and ultimately feels like the studios trying to cash on some more HBO Max subscriptions.
  • CeeQue
    13164 posts Has That Special Something
    It's just silly to me and ultimately feels like the studios trying to cash on some more HBO Max subscriptions.

mynicca1.png
  • Low Ki
    12448 posts Has That Special Something
    The Snyder Cut Also Bringing Back Joe Manganiello as Deathstroke
    https://www.ign.com/articles/justice-league-snyder-cut-deathstroke-joe-manganiello-reshoots-dc

It's wild how much money they're spending on rewriting and reshooting whole parts of the movie so that a loud minority of fans can be happy about something most moviegoers hated.
  • XxRichiexRichxX
    Low Ki wrote: »
    The Snyder Cut Also Bringing Back Joe Manganiello as Deathstroke
    https://www.ign.com/articles/justice-league-snyder-cut-deathstroke-joe-manganiello-reshoots-dc

It's wild how much money they're spending on rewriting and reshooting whole parts of the movie so that a loud minority of fans can be happy about something most moviegoers hated.

Lmao. Right. It went from the “Snyder cut” being the uncut version with all the scenes that were cut out by Whedon...to hey here’s 20m+, to film more scenes for this 3 year old film.

Don’t get me wrong, all for a better version of that mess that was released, but this is a bit much.

It just annoys me that rather than seeing what he had planned to put out and what he and others have been partially fighting for the last few years to him being able to add things he likely thought about since the movie was released so we can no longer really judge whether his uncut version was truly better
  • Tornado31619
    23233 posts Club Captain
    Variety reporting that Oscar Isaac is in talks to play Moon Knight.
  • Tornado31619
    23233 posts Club Captain
    Apollo wrote: »

Hopefully the writers have learned a lesson on how to make a decent Spider-Man movie as well.
  • Low Ki

Marvel is killing it with these Disney+ castings.

I also think the Netflix rights will revert to them early next year. Punisher and Daredevil are back on the menu.
  • Tornado31619
    23233 posts Club Captain
    edited October 26
    Iron Fist and Luke Cage already have. Daredevil is next week. Then next year you have Jessica Jones and the Punisher.

I’m not expecting any news until all of the deals have expired, though. I’ll be fine with a soft reboot.
  • hoban95
    57537 posts National Treasure

Titans been one of my favourite comic book shows.
  • XxRichiexRichxX

Marvel is killing it with these Disney+ castings.

I also think the Netflix rights will revert to them early next year. Punisher and Daredevil are back on the menu.

Yeah they'll have all of them back next years. Netflix had Marvel/Disney on a strict tight leash with the rights man... they are technically not allowed to even start planning anything with the characters until that hold was up or they risk a lawsuit.
  • XxRichiexRichxX
    hoban95 wrote: »

Titans been one of my favourite comic book shows.

100%. The show has been quality once you get passed the first episode or two of the incredibly forced "over-cussing".
  • Apollo
    20659 posts Club Captain
    edited October 27

Hopefully the writers have learned a lesson on how to make a decent Spider-Man movie as well.

Could you elaborate on which ones you're talking about that you don't think were decent? I really liked both Tom Holland films personally, Far From Home in particular.
  • XxRichiexRichxX

Could you elaborate on which ones you're talking about that you don't think were decent? I really liked both Tom Holland films personally, Far From Home in particular.

yeah both were quality... He just seems to desperately want a truly solo Spiderman film without interference of the other Marvel characters i.e. Ironman, Fury, etc.
  • Tornado31619
    23233 posts Club Captain
    edited October 27
    Okay, I'm being slightly irrational. Maybe I'm just holding the films to the standard set by the PS4 game.

Homecoming was a good enough introduction. They gave Peter a new bestie and tried to set him up as the man in the chair. Again, different love interest, and a good twist with her being Vulture's daughter. Good arc for Peter, good villain as well.

Then FFH came.

I admittedly enjoyed it more than Homecoming at the cinema (which, incidentally, I disliked), but it's flaws are now difficult to block out.
    • Peter suddenly likes MJ. Why? All it did was give their relationship no meaning by the end of the film.
    • Whilst Ned actually served a purpose in the first film, he became purely comic relief in this one. In fact, the same can be said for most of the supporting cast (though I liked Flash).
    • I liked everything about Mysterio other than his link to Tony. It came across as another attempt to make this an epilogue to Endgame.
    • Happy tells Peter that he's not going to be the next Iron Man... and then immediately proceeds to play Back in Black. What?
    • EDIT: most importantly, the identity reveal. Closes so many doors for Spidey.

That's from the top of my head.

My concern for the future of the series is that they're going to move even further away from Homecoming now and just make these films bigger and grander. Who can be more visually appealing than Mysterio? Alright, Electro it is! Even though Kraven's an infinitely better villain. Heck, if you're looking for grandiose, why not pick Mister Negative.

I'm worried that Feige's never going to cover more intimate, personal stories with Holland’s Spidey. I want to see Kraven donning the costume. I want to see Peter beating the ❤️❤️❤️❤️ out of the Kingpin. I want to see the Sin-Eater going on a murder spree. And these stories CAN work as summer blockbusters (after some alterations)! It’s not like Civil War’s final battle had huge explosions for the sake of it (then again, the film’s main marketing point was the airport battle).

This takes me back to a sentiment of Feige’s that I recall reading about when looking up his stance on the future of the Defenders. Apparently, he simply doesn’t “get” street-level characters like Daredevil. That’s a real shame, because it’s something that I feel the Raimi films did well (as much as I hated them) - you had villains like Doc Ock, but the movies were grounded when they needed do be. The fights between Peter and the Osborns were (relatively) small-scale and personal. We’ve not had that in the MCU, and at this rate, I’m not sure that we will.

It also doesn't help that Sony's got their slimy hands on villains like Venom and Kraven, removing them from the equation. That's probably why Feige's gone back to Electro.
    Post edited by Tornado31619 on
  • Tornado31619
    23233 posts Club Captain
    edited November 2
    So I don’t know if anyone else has seen this, but Jacob Batalon (Ned Leeds) has lost A LOT of weight.

It’s great that he’s made this life choice, but suddenly the prospect of him becoming the Hobgoblin isn’t as far-fetched...
  • XxRichiexRichxX
    Zack Snyder was given 70m from HBO Max to film more scenes or "reshoots", he brought in a few new cast members that were not part of the original shoot, and he claims "In the end it's gonna probably be about four minutes, five minutes of additional photography,"

2pf.gif
  • Low Ki
    edited November 18
    It looks like Steppenwolf fell into a stapler:

• XxRichiexRichxX
    It looks like Steppenwolf fell into a stapler:

He looks like a transformer
  • XxRichiexRichxX