OT - The Comic Book Shop: ENDGAME

Comments

• XxRichiexRichxX
    33325 posts National Team Captain
    edited September 9
    Because it’s looking less and less likely that Black Widow will get a theatrical run. Original content such as the Marvel and Star Wars shows should and probably will be free.

So?

Imagine when Netflix would do this on their A shows.

Shambolic.

I would have kinda understood it if their supply was massive. But I cant recall watching anything on it after the Mandalorian.

Disney Plus is still relatively new. Netflix was pretty much the same way when their streaming first began in the since that they had nothing new on it. They only benefit they had was that they weren't limited to only content that they owned. Just ultimately bad luck that it was launched just before the pandemic in the sense of trying to get new content out. They had several shows lined up to come out this year on Disney plus that ultimately got delayed due to COVID.

As far as the 21 bucks for premium access... that would never have been a thing if COVID didn't happen. iirc they ultimately did that because of how much they lost due to the pandemic. And yeah I think everyone would agree it's laughable that they most people would pay that. Just don't pay it. I'm not sure really what the complaint is here, if there's no content on that premium access worth paying, just don't pay it. Are you really dying to see Mulan that bad? Also, it's worth Noting that all the Premier access thing does is get you access to the movie early, it'll get released on the regular Disney Plus in December for everyone. Like I said, they are only primarily doing this because they lost a lot of money by not having it release in theaters.
  • krakos000
    17689 posts World Class
    @XxRichiexRichxX i echo what you said.

The only reason the vip access is there is because of covid. All the shows that are supposed to be releasing soon are on hold....also due to covid. And honestly the money theyre charging isn't bad unless you're planning on watching it solo. Typically a movie ticket here costs anywhere from 15 to 20 bucks, add in popcorn/drinks etc and even just one more person and bam thats more than they're charging anyway. If BW gets released on Disney plus you bet your ❤️❤️❤️❤️ ill buy it asap. But also like Richie said, its only premium for people who want to watch it NOW its going to be released for everyone soonish anyway
  • Argie8
    6310 posts Big Money Move
    Argie8 wrote: »
    Disney+ is the biggest scam i've seen

why?

Barely any movies or series get released.
    And when they get released u have to pay vip access for 21 bucks.

Lmao

i didnt hear about the vip access thing. thats very weird
  • XxRichiexRichxX
    Disney+ is the biggest scam i've seen

why?

Barely any movies or series get released.
    And when they get released u have to pay vip access for 21 bucks.

Lmao

i didnt hear about the vip access thing. thats very weird

They announced it during last months earnings report iirc or around then, as i said ultimately because they lost a ton by not having their theatrical releases.
  • Low Ki
    12388 posts Has That Special Something
    Fauci is saying theaters will be unsafe until the end of 2021. Could affect a lot of US release dates like for the latest Marvel and DC films.
  • Tornado31619
    22466 posts Club Captain
    I wonder what DC will do, then. Marvel Studios at least has Disney+ as a fallback (if Black Widow does well), but HBO Max and DC Universe aren't particularly big.

Speaking of streaming services, what are our thoughts on the Netflix shows? Daredevil is phenomenal (S2 notwithstanding, but S3 compensates massively). Jessica Jones seemed decent, but I'm still only halfway through S1 (and I hear that the show gets worse without Kilgrave). Gave up on The Punisher. Haven't watched Luke Cage, Iron Fist or The Defenders (first episode of DD S3 was slightly confusing, but I pieced everything together after the flashback to Matt and Elektra).

I'd love for the shows to return, but I think all of the characters will be rebooted sadly. Don't see anything being brought back other than possibly the AOS crew (since SWORD was teased at the end of Far From Home).
  • XxRichiexRichxX
    I wonder what DC will do, then. Marvel Studios at least has Disney+ as a fallback (if Black Widow does well), but HBO Max and DC Universe aren't particularly big.

Speaking of streaming services, what are our thoughts on the Netflix shows? Daredevil is phenomenal (S2 notwithstanding, but S3 compensates massively). Jessica Jones seemed decent, but I'm still only halfway through S1 (and I hear that the show gets worse without Kilgrave). Gave up on The Punisher. Haven't watched Luke Cage, Iron Fist or The Defenders (first episode of DD S3 was slightly confusing, but I pieced everything together after the flashback to Matt and Elektra).

I'd love for the shows to return, but I think all of the characters will be rebooted sadly. Don't see anything being brought back other than possibly the AOS crew (since SWORD was teased at the end of Far From Home).

Daredevil season 2 was just fine imo. Jessica Jones is fantastic, and sure it dropped a level without Kilgrave, but still worth watching.

"Gave up on The Punisher"--You what?!?!

They can't touch the shows for something like 3 years after they were cancelled. And yeah ideally all the cast should remain the same (except the guy that played Iron Fist, he's by far the weakest case of all of them and it's not even close), but it's not likely. Although there is a lot of push to keep most of them the same cast. I think The Daredevil cast in particular have been open about wanting to continue on with the series.

• Tornado31619
    22466 posts Club Captain
    It's two years, starting from when the shows were canceled. I think Luke Cage and Iron Fist are free next month. Daredevil follows in November, whilst JJ and Punisher aren't until next year.

The issue is that Netflix will keep the distribution rights, so at least a soft reboot will be needed.
  • hoban95
    56216 posts National Treasure
    Daredevil was superb, from start to finish. Loved season 2.

Punisher was brilliant. Everything i wanted from a Punisher series, just brutal.

I really enjoyed the Defenders as well. It all tied in nicely and that's probs where Iron Fist shined the most ironically.
  • XxRichiexRichxX
    I just checked, it is two years after the cancellation. They can't even begin developing plans prior to the two year mark per Netflix's lawyers supposedly.

Reason interviews with Charlie Cox says he's not been given any indication that they are going to continue on.
  • Argie8
    i actually loved season 2 of Daredevil. it was a wonderful, chaotic mess
  • Low Ki

KANG

Wonder if they'll go with his Nathaniel Richard's origin which could tie to FF. Hope he'll be a multi movie villain. Theres potential there.
  • XxRichiexRichxX
    i actually loved season 2 of Daredevil. it was a wonderful, chaotic mess

Yeah I didn't mind it.
  • XxRichiexRichxX
    Anthony Starr (Homelander from The Boys) would be a perfect Reverse Flash imo

119476321_2804957146450249_8802972655441437764_n.jpg?_nc_cat=104&_nc_sid=825194&_nc_ohc=L-U7D5QGZvEAX_0swxA&_nc_ht=scontent-iad3-1.xx&tp=7&oh=3cfc1f22d3562ab1fc6a7db15c5d2adb&oe=5F84C130
  • krakos000
    17689 posts World Class

119476321_2804957146450249_8802972655441437764_n.jpg?_nc_cat=104&_nc_sid=825194&_nc_ohc=L-U7D5QGZvEAX_0swxA&_nc_ht=scontent-iad3-1.xx&tp=7&oh=3cfc1f22d3562ab1fc6a7db15c5d2adb&oe=5F84C130

Bruh 😱
  • XxRichiexRichxX
    krakos000 wrote: »

Bruh 😱

Dude... I've been a big fan of his since Banshee (Fantastic show if you've not seen it, I think it MIGHT be on Amazon Prime, not sure), came across the picture/idea from Reddit and I have to say I agree after watching him play Homelander, he could 100% be a perfect Reverse Flash imo.

I also think he could be a perfect Wolverine if we HAVE to replace Hugh haha. Got that Wolverine vibe from him in Banshee.
  • Low Ki
    Batroc aka GSP is in the Bucky and Cap show:
  • XxRichiexRichxX
    Supposedly marvel have rightfully decided Shurri will be the new Black Panther.
  • krakos000
    17689 posts World Class

Bruh 😱

Dude... I've been a big fan of his since Banshee (Fantastic show if you've not seen it, I think it MIGHT be on Amazon Prime, not sure), came across the picture/idea from Reddit and I have to say I agree after watching him play Homelander, he could 100% be a perfect Reverse Flash imo.

I also think he could be a perfect Wolverine if we HAVE to replace Hugh haha. Got that Wolverine vibe from him in Banshee.

Never seen banshee but he has the charisma to play Thawne 100 percent and if they end up casting someone else It won't be the same 😆😆😆 especially seeing that picture. Hmmm he could be good at wolverine too but I would much rather see him as Thawne.
  • XxRichiexRichxX

Bruh 😱

Never seen banshee but he has the charisma to play Thawne 100 percent and if they end up casting someone else It won't be the same 😆😆😆 especially seeing that picture. Hmmm he could be good at wolverine too but I would much rather see him as Thawne.

Banshee is great show. If you were to watch that, you'd probably understand why I always thought (prior to seeing him in The Boys) why I feel he could definitely do a job at Wolverine.

But yeah I think I'd definitely rather him play Thawne over Wolverine at the end of the day.
  • Tornado31619
    22466 posts Club Captain
    edited September 24
    https://www.reddit.com/r/Defenders/comments/bulz4r/alright_yall_amaa/
    The guy’s legitimacy stems from being an ex-Netflix employee, which is evidenced by him leaking each show’s cancellation as well as JJ S3 (only to those who asked, of course).

TL;DR:
    Renewals of each show that continue directly from where they left off on Netflix categorically will not happen. If the characters are to return, then the showrunners and writers aren’t. Having said that, there were plans to give Luke Cage a third season so that everything (besides Iron Fist, although there were those besides Loeb who wanted it to be renewed; Defenders was also too expensive) got three each, but negotiations fell after Marvel sacked the showrunner for being super late with the script. Netflix got pissed, so they canned the whole thing.
    Furthermore, there were whispers for a DD S4 that would have featured the Owl’s son as well as the return of Typhoid Mary from Iron Fist (this was later confirmed by the showrunners).

Charlie Cox and Jon Bernthal are internally very popular, not just as their characters but also as people. As such, they’re the likeliest to reprise their roles - but only in smaller roles (e.g. Murdock in SM3, although Cox says he hasn’t been contacted), unless D+ Phase One flops. Feige wants to prove himself as a TV showrunner. Also, SaveDaredevil means **** all at Marvel.

Jessica Henwick is the least likely to return partially because she didn’t like her role, but much like Nobu’s actor, it would also appear as though Loeb rubbed her the wrong way. She didn’t like being “the Asian person” just to spare Finn from the “whitewashing” criticism. https://nextshark.com/marvel-exec-jeph-loeb-promotes-iron-fist-wearing-karate-uniform-sd-comic-con/

Jeph Loeb is Marvel TV’s Perlmutter, except worse. The Redditor recalls an incident during which he screamed at the Stranger Things cast for dressing up as the Defenders during Comic Con a few years back. Feige doesn’t like him.

Finn Jones means well, but being the scapegoat of Iron Fist took a toll on him. He worked hard to improve for S2, but the first season’s negative press tanked his career.

Netflix wanted to cut the shows to 10 episodes each (I’m not fussed myself, I didn’t notice the “filler” since I’d grown used to the 23-episode seasons of the CW shows), but Loeb disapproved because “that’s not TV”. It would also have necessitated the reopening of negotiations, which might have led to Marvel demanding the IPs back.

Netflix and Marvel’s relationship ended on a pretty sour note. JJ S3 wasn’t marketed as “the final season” until Netflix leaked a document revealing its cancellation prior to informing Disney, who weren’t impressed.

The Defenders disrupted viewership for subsequent seasons of the respective shows (besides Punisher ofc) because of how reliant they were on each other. Don’t know about the other three shows, but episode one of DD S3 was very confusing for me, at least initially. DD S3 was the least viewed season (ironically enough, it’s my favourite).

Think that should be it.

Right, as for the other stuff.

Wasn’t a fan of DD S2 because it’s best parts were basically one collective pilot for The Punisher.

Not fussed over what they do with BP because I trust Marvel Studios.

An idea I have for Kang: AM3 is when the character dies. But he comes from the future, searching for “Lang”: not Scott, but Cassie. She becomes Stature. Throughout the film, Kang mentions “past” encounters with the Young Avengers that we don’t actually get to see until later films. They defeat him, so he travels back in time to kill Cassie for assembling them.

[Comment edited by EA_Roger]
    Post edited by EA_Roger on
  • Low Ki
    Holy ❤️❤️❤️❤️ that looks amazing:
  • krakos000
    17689 posts World Class
    Low Ki wrote: »
    Holy ❤️❤️❤️❤️ that looks amazing:

Such a trip
  • XxRichiexRichxX
    Can't wait.
  • Apollo
    20569 posts Club Captain
    Really looking forward to it!
  • Tornado31619
    22466 posts Club Captain
    A sitcom that eventually reveals Wanda’s fractured inner psyche... I like it. Had always hoped it would go in that direction.
  • hoban95
    56216 posts National Treasure
    Looks decent
  • Argie8
    Looks weird. Not sure what to make of it. Hope the next trailer reveals more of the story
  • Apollo
    20569 posts Club Captain

Completely understandable, but that doesn't mean it isn't also disappointing at the same time :frowning: