OT - The Comic Book Shop: ENDGAME

Comments

• Argie8
    5904 posts Big Money Move
    Argie8 wrote: »
    the boys was brilliant. loved it

Oh man I loved that show. I may have to rewatch it. I can't wait for the second season.

Do we know when season 2 is??
  • Apollo
    16214 posts World Class
    id say its the best made spiderman film. idk if its my personal favourite though. OG spiderman 1 and 2 are special to me

Spiderman Far From Home is definitely my favourite Spiderman movie, but I haven't yet seen into the spiderverse, I need to watch that.
  • P
    7674 posts League Winner

Oh man I loved that show. I may have to rewatch it. I can't wait for the second season.

They started filming before the first season even aired so I imagine it won't be long.

Fun fact, in the comic homelander ate the baby. So all those long lingering looks at the baby were much more intense for the comic reader.
  • Argie8
    5904 posts Big Money Move
    P wrote: »

They started filming before the first season even aired so I imagine it won't be long.

Fun fact, in the comic homelander ate the baby. So all those long lingering looks at the baby were much more intense for the comic reader.

He ate the baby?! :joy: Anthony Starr was so damn good in the role
  • XxRichiexRichxX
    32171 posts National Team Captain
    edited October 28

that's wild.

He ate the baby?! :joy: Anthony Starr was so damn good in the role

Anthony Starr is so underrated. He was fantastic in Banshee.

Personally I think he'd make a good Wolverine (obviously not sporting the blonde look from The Boys, but rather the dark haired look from Banshee)
  • XxRichiexRichxX
    edited October 30
    Green Lantern series coming to HBO Max

Doom Patrol season 2 announced for HBO Max.
  • P
    7674 posts League Winner
    Green Lantern series coming to HBO Max

Doom Patrol season 2 announced for HBO Max.

Sounds the right play tbh. There's so many green lantern stories that couldn't be told in a 2 hour time frame.

Really should of put a disclaimer on homelander eating the baby. Don't Google about it because it does lead to a massive spoiler.
  • XxRichiexRichxX
    edited November 5
    Andy Serkis cast as Alfred Pennyworth.

Weird one imo. Not that he can’t do it, but if there’s any role in the movie he’d have been perfect for, it was Penguin

EDIT: not sure if it’s confirmed or not. Seeing more articles within the hour saying he’s just in talks, and also that Colin Farrell is in talks for Penguin. Make it the other way around imo
  • Low Ki
    11855 posts Has That Special Something
    Are they trying to cram every Batman character into one movie?

The movie feels like it has way too many characters.
  • Jboom98
    176 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    [img]https://scontent-cdt1-1.cdninstagram.com/v/t51.2885-15/e35/59446725_2787449037938958_108665503146008352_n.jpg?_nc_ht=scontent-cdt1-1.cdninstagram.com&_nc_cat=106&se=7&oh=8ffde8c8e6103baf9059e88bcc8ea965&oe=5E3BC563&ig_cache_key=MjA0NzU5ODQyMDA4MTYwNjUwOQ==.2[/ It's possible to have every batman character in a film look at Gotham TV series and the Batman Arkham Series it's the storytelling that has to be right I think The Batman is going to be like the Tim Burton Batman films hopefully it won't be another Batman flop like Ben affleck.[/img]
  • XxRichiexRichxX
    Low Ki wrote: »

Just depends on how it’s done ultimately.
    Jboom98 wrote: »
    [img]https://scontent-cdt1-1.cdninstagram.com/v/t51.2885-15/e35/59446725_2787449037938958_108665503146008352_n.jpg?_nc_ht=scontent-cdt1-1.cdninstagram.com&_nc_cat=106&se=7&oh=8ffde8c8e6103baf9059e88bcc8ea965&oe=5E3BC563&ig_cache_key=MjA0NzU5ODQyMDA4MTYwNjUwOQ==.2[/ It's possible to have every batman character in a film look at Gotham TV series and the Batman Arkham Series it's the storytelling that has to be right I think The Batman is going to be like the Tim Burton Batman films hopefully it won't be another Batman flop like Ben affleck.[/img]

Gotham is horrible as far as a Batman story goes. Bad example. Lmao. Going with 2-3 villains in a movie is fine imo. But Gotham legitimately tried to get everyone on there
  • hoban95
    49750 posts FIFA Cover Star

Ngl it's a bit of worry for me.
  • krakos000
    17520 posts World Class
    Disney plus out tomorrow!! I'm off work and gonna watch some marvel movies <3
  • Low Ki
    Cant wait for the Mandalorian.
  • krakos000
    17520 posts World Class
    Cant wait for the Mandalorian.

Wooooo me too!
  • Apollo
    16214 posts World Class

:bawling:
  • Apollo
    16214 posts World Class
    I think it was the right decision to cut both scenes/use alternate scenes, but nevertheless...

:bawling:
  • krakos000
    17520 posts World Class
    Did y'all see the Expanding the Universe yet?? That **** has me HYPED for the Disney plus shows. Seeing the logos animated looks amazing, the animation and little clips from what if? look AMAZING
  • GL
    7416 posts Big Money Move
    No way the Snyder cut might actually happen
  • Low Ki
    I find it hard to believe there is any cut of Justice League that suddenly makes it a good movie.
  • XxRichiexRichxX
    I find it hard to believe there is any cut of Justice League that suddenly makes it a good movie.

This is exactly my stance on the whole situation
  • Jboom98
    176 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    So it's official There's going to be a Joker Sequel :p Todd Phillips also wants to do other DC villain origin story he has the rights to do 1 story please let it be The Penguin / Oswald Cobblepot interesting to see what the Joker sequel will bring and the story because it's not going to be Joker vs Batman from Joker's perspective though you can't rule out Bruce Wayne returning anyway is that the first time an actor is playing The Joker more than once ? I'm interested to see if Joaquín Phoenix brings more madness and makes the joker even more crazier.
  • XxRichiexRichxX
    Apparently, per several sources and nothing official yet from WB, the Snyder cut may be released on HBO Max.
  • Choepiechakie
    31875 posts National Team Captain
    End game on disney+
  • hoban95
    Man season 2 titans has been brilliant.
  • XxRichiexRichxX
    hoban95 wrote: »
    Man season 2 titans has been brilliant.

Came here to ask if anyone besides Hobs and I watching season 2?
  • Low Ki
    edited November 23
    I thought season 1 was rubbish. Season 2 is decent. The over the top levels of swearing is annoying though, no one swears that much.

The actor they chose for Bruce Wayne also looks like he's better suited for Alfred.
    Post edited by Low Ki on
  • hoban95
    I thought season 1 was rubbish. Season 2 is decent. The over the top levels of swearing is annoying though, no one swears that much.

The actor they chose for Bruce Wayne also looks like he's better suited for Alfred.

I hardly notice the swearing lmao.
  • XxRichiexRichxX

Yeah I said when they cast him that Iain Glen was a strange choice, still don't prefer him by any means, but I thought he's done well as Bruce.

Personally I enjoyed season one, and season two has definitely been a lot better.

As for the swearing i agree can be a bit over the top, but they've dialed it back in the 2nd season to where it feels more natural, imo anyways. First season felt so forced like they just wanted you to know the series was rated R. First season felt a bit cringey when they'd cuss. As for "no one swears that much"...I disagree, lol, I know plenty of people that cuss more, just hang around military guys, for example, for a couple of hours and you'll see.