OT - The Comic Book Shop: ENDGAME

Comments

  • XxRichiexRichxX
    32015 posts National Team Captain
    If anyone's watching Titans, or even if you're not...
    DC is letting fans vote whether or not Jason Todd dies on Titans.

    https://www.dcuniverse.com/news/poll-should-titans-jason-todd-live-or-die/

    For anyone that didn't read the comics, DC did the same thing for the comic book story line

    “It’s not the job of the artist to give the audience what the audience wants. If the audience knew what they needed, then they wouldn’t be the audience. They would be the artists. It is the job of artists to give the audience what they need.”

    - Some guy who wrote some good comics

    Lol. I understand that point of view. Supposedly when it originally happened in like 88, it was pretty highlight controversial.
  • Jboom98
    163 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    It's official Catwoman is in The Batman (2021)
    latest?cb=20140406025200
    Zoë Kravitz voiced Catwoman in the Lego Batman Movie and Voiced Mary Jane Watson in Spider-Man into the spider- verse and her breakthrough role was in X -Men First Class as Angel Salvadore so she's known in superhero roles.
  • Apollo
    15678 posts World Class
    edited October 16
    Of the announced films (i.e. phase 4) - which ones are you looking forward to the most? For me its Doctor Strange 2 by a mile, that looks like it's going to be quality.
  • XxRichiexRichxX
    32015 posts National Team Captain
    Doctor Strange for sure.
  • hoban95
    49462 posts FIFA Cover Star
    Hopefully should see Joker on Friday, pretty excited.

    Anyone catch the first episode of season 8 of Arrow this week? It was actually pretty cool and some long standing references to the original season. Mad how we're almost at the end. Seems like i've been watching Arrow forever.
  • krakos000
    17487 posts World Class
    hoban95 wrote: »
    Hopefully should see Joker on Friday, pretty excited.

    Anyone catch the first episode of season 8 of Arrow this week? It was actually pretty cool and some long standing references to the original season. Mad how we're almost at the end. Seems like i've been watching Arrow forever.

    I torrented it on my phone and I'm about a 4th the way through the episode.
  • hoban95
    49462 posts FIFA Cover Star
    edited October 17
    krakos000 wrote: »
    hoban95 wrote: »
    Hopefully should see Joker on Friday, pretty excited.

    Anyone catch the first episode of season 8 of Arrow this week? It was actually pretty cool and some long standing references to the original season. Mad how we're almost at the end. Seems like i've been watching Arrow forever.

    I torrented it on my phone and I'm about a 4th the way through the episode.

    Yeah i'm not sure on what the direction is for the final season but it's providing some nice moments. Crazy how it's only 10 episodes as well when we're so use to 23 per season.
  • krakos000
    17487 posts World Class
    hoban95 wrote: »
    krakos000 wrote: »
    hoban95 wrote: »
    Hopefully should see Joker on Friday, pretty excited.

    Anyone catch the first episode of season 8 of Arrow this week? It was actually pretty cool and some long standing references to the original season. Mad how we're almost at the end. Seems like i've been watching Arrow forever.

    I torrented it on my phone and I'm about a 4th the way through the episode.

    Yeah i'm not sure on what the direction is for the final season but it's providing some nice moments. Crazy how it's only 10 episodes as well when we're so use to 23 per season.

    Wait its only 10?!?! I didnt know that 😭
  • hoban95
    49462 posts FIFA Cover Star
    krakos000 wrote: »
    hoban95 wrote: »
    krakos000 wrote: »
    hoban95 wrote: »
    Hopefully should see Joker on Friday, pretty excited.

    Anyone catch the first episode of season 8 of Arrow this week? It was actually pretty cool and some long standing references to the original season. Mad how we're almost at the end. Seems like i've been watching Arrow forever.

    I torrented it on my phone and I'm about a 4th the way through the episode.

    Yeah i'm not sure on what the direction is for the final season but it's providing some nice moments. Crazy how it's only 10 episodes as well when we're so use to 23 per season.

    Wait its only 10?!?! I didnt know that 😭

    Yeah man :disappointed:
  • krakos000
    17487 posts World Class
    hoban95 wrote: »
    krakos000 wrote: »
    hoban95 wrote: »
    krakos000 wrote: »
    hoban95 wrote: »
    Hopefully should see Joker on Friday, pretty excited.

    Anyone catch the first episode of season 8 of Arrow this week? It was actually pretty cool and some long standing references to the original season. Mad how we're almost at the end. Seems like i've been watching Arrow forever.

    I torrented it on my phone and I'm about a 4th the way through the episode.

    Yeah i'm not sure on what the direction is for the final season but it's providing some nice moments. Crazy how it's only 10 episodes as well when we're so use to 23 per season.

    Wait its only 10?!?! I didnt know that 😭

    Yeah man :disappointed:

    Just finished the first episode and damn was it nice to see
    Adrian Chase back and as Earth 2s GA!!!
  • XxRichiexRichxX
    32015 posts National Team Captain
    edited October 17
    Paul Dano cast as Riddler. Honestly don’t know who that is off the top of my head. But seeing a lot of praise for the casting

    Edit. I know exactly who that is now that I see his filmography. Love that casting.
  • Jboom98
    163 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Paul Dano cast as Riddler. Honestly don’t know who that is off the top of my head. But seeing a lot of praise for the casting

    Edit. I know exactly who that is now that I see his filmography. Love that casting.

    I don't really know who that is but sometimes surprise castings work like Hugh Jackman no one knew who he was when he was cast as Wolverine anyway Jonah Hill pulled out of playing the penguin I would prefer too see this though ;)
    59446725_2787449037938958_108665503146008352_n.jpg?_nc_ht=scontent-cdt1-1.cdninstagram.com&_nc_cat=106&se=7&oh=8ffde8c8e6103baf9059e88bcc8ea965&oe=5E3BC563&ig_cache_key=MjA0NzU5ODQyMDA4MTYwNjUwOQ%3D%3D.2
    And hopefully this happens in the future then :D 61368292_2386000088286474_3921200421759379519_n.jpg?_nc_ht=scontent-cdt1-1.cdninstagram.com&_nc_cat=106&oh=d2f34e5abb260fc1b4ffe2c37dcdc70b&oe=5E393204&ig_cache_key=MjA0ODQwMTY3ODE4NjM3MzEyNg%3D%3D.2

  • Low Ki
    11814 posts Has That Special Something
    Paul Dano is the Riddler..?

    Batman movies always have top casting. Even Batman and Robin had amazing actors.
  • hoban95
    49462 posts FIFA Cover Star
    Okay Joker was very good, did think it was a slow start though.
  • XxRichiexRichxX
    32015 posts National Team Captain
    Low Ki wrote: »
    Paul Dano is the Riddler..?

    Batman movies always have top casting. Even Batman and Robin had amazing actors.

    Yeah, he's a quality actor. He's very well in the villain roles he's played.
  • hoban95
    49462 posts FIFA Cover Star
    Finally saw Joker. Really enjoyed it and it holds it own as just a normal movie tbh. When coming out of the cinema my only gripe was that it was a slow burner in the first half of the film, but on reflection i'm starting to appreciate it more. The build up was fantastic.
  • Argie8
    5858 posts Big Money Move
    Finally saw Joker yesterday. What a great film! It's such a fascinating character study and Joaquin Phoenix is wonderful in the role.

    I can understand people's criticism of the film but personally i didn't see it as glorifying his actions, although it does tow the line imo
  • Argie8
    5858 posts Big Money Move
    also, paul dano as the riddler is 10/10 casting
  • Low Ki
    11814 posts Has That Special Something
    The race riot at the start of Watchmen's first episode was a real thing. I had no idea despite the massive death toll it had, apparently it had been downplayed for decades.

    It's very dense. Standalone story, but there's a lot of references crammed in regarding the comic.
  • hoban95
    49462 posts FIFA Cover Star
    Yeah i need to watch Watchmen. May wait for it to finish and then binge it.



    Also this is brilliantly put together.
  • arsenalap
    5691 posts Big Money Move
    Joker was great, different and intense.
  • P
    7649 posts League Winner
    Forgot about this thread. Joker was awesome though. Probably the most realistic/relatable "heroverse" movie I've seen and it's about a villain. Gave loads of taxi driver and American psycho vibes and those are two of my favourite movies. What a performance.
  • hoban95
    49462 posts FIFA Cover Star
    Also i finally got round to watching Spiderman - Into the Spider-verse this week.

    Wow it was great. I've always enjoyed comic book animated features as i hold Batman the Mask of the Phantasm in such high regard and this really didn't let me down. Was really enjoyable and i loved the story of Miles Morales.

    The soundtrack was what made it brilliant as well to be fair. The 'What's up Danger' scene where he takes that leap of faith so to speak was a scene i kept watching back. Proper cool moment that.
  • P
    7649 posts League Winner
    hoban95 wrote: »
    Also i finally got round to watching Spiderman - Into the Spider-verse this week.

    Wow it was great. I've always enjoyed comic book animated features as i hold Batman the Mask of the Phantasm in such high regard and this really didn't let me down. Was really enjoyable and i loved the story of Miles Morales.

    The soundtrack was what made it brilliant as well to be fair. The 'What's up Danger' scene where he takes that leap of faith so to speak was a scene i kept watching back. Proper cool moment that.

    Best Spiderman movie ever for me.
  • hoban95
    49462 posts FIFA Cover Star
    P wrote: »
    hoban95 wrote: »
    Also i finally got round to watching Spiderman - Into the Spider-verse this week.

    Wow it was great. I've always enjoyed comic book animated features as i hold Batman the Mask of the Phantasm in such high regard and this really didn't let me down. Was really enjoyable and i loved the story of Miles Morales.

    The soundtrack was what made it brilliant as well to be fair. The 'What's up Danger' scene where he takes that leap of faith so to speak was a scene i kept watching back. Proper cool moment that.

    Best Spiderman movie ever for me.

    I'm not sure if it's the best but top 3 for me. It was fantastic.
  • P
    7649 posts League Winner
    hoban95 wrote: »
    P wrote: »
    hoban95 wrote: »
    Also i finally got round to watching Spiderman - Into the Spider-verse this week.

    Wow it was great. I've always enjoyed comic book animated features as i hold Batman the Mask of the Phantasm in such high regard and this really didn't let me down. Was really enjoyable and i loved the story of Miles Morales.

    The soundtrack was what made it brilliant as well to be fair. The 'What's up Danger' scene where he takes that leap of faith so to speak was a scene i kept watching back. Proper cool moment that.

    Best Spiderman movie ever for me.

    I'm not sure if it's the best but top 3 for me. It was fantastic.

    Agree on the soundtrack. It was used so well. Like so many things happened on beat. Them all exchanging their uncle Ben stories was an amazing scene as well.
  • Argie8
    5858 posts Big Money Move
    id say its the best made spiderman film. idk if its my personal favourite though. OG spiderman 1 and 2 are special to me
  • hoban95
    49462 posts FIFA Cover Star
    P wrote: »
    hoban95 wrote: »
    P wrote: »
    hoban95 wrote: »
    Also i finally got round to watching Spiderman - Into the Spider-verse this week.

    Wow it was great. I've always enjoyed comic book animated features as i hold Batman the Mask of the Phantasm in such high regard and this really didn't let me down. Was really enjoyable and i loved the story of Miles Morales.

    The soundtrack was what made it brilliant as well to be fair. The 'What's up Danger' scene where he takes that leap of faith so to speak was a scene i kept watching back. Proper cool moment that.

    Best Spiderman movie ever for me.

    I'm not sure if it's the best but top 3 for me. It was fantastic.

    Agree on the soundtrack. It was used so well. Like so many things happened on beat. Them all exchanging their uncle Ben stories was an amazing scene as well.

    Yeah that was a cool scene as well.
  • Argie8
    5858 posts Big Money Move
    the boys was brilliant. loved it
  • XxRichiexRichxX
    32015 posts National Team Captain
    Argie8 wrote: »
    the boys was brilliant. loved it

    Oh man I loved that show. I may have to rewatch it. I can't wait for the second season.
Sign In or Register to comment.