OT - The Comic Book Shop: ENDGAME

Comments

  • Low Ki
    12307 posts Has That Special Something
    edited October 2019


    The site is real :lol:
  • Jboom98
    465 posts Sunday League Hero
    Low Ki wrote: »


    The site is real :lol:

    Jonah Jameson LEGEND B)
  • Jboom98
    465 posts Sunday League Hero
    I'm 50/50 just watching this trailer

    Birds of Prey 2020 February
    They may as well of just called the film Harley Quinn she is the star of the film so 3 films starring clowns in the space of 6 months :D
    birds-of-prey-harley-quinn-poster-1568749506.jpg?resize=480:*

  • krakos000
    17660 posts World Class
    Jboom98 wrote: »
    I'm 50/50 just watching this trailer

    Birds of Prey 2020 February
    They may as well of just called the film Harley Quinn she is the star of the film so 3 films starring clowns in the space of 6 months :D
    birds-of-prey-harley-quinn-poster-1568749506.jpg?resize=480:*

    I was waiting for a trailer and hoping that they would show more of the...you know...BIRDS OF PREY. A little tease of the canary cry but it still seems like it's a harley Quinn movie ft the birds of prey.

    I'll probably wait til its available to rent digitally. Not gonna go out of my way to see it in theaters, I dont care much for her character
  • Low Ki
    12307 posts Has That Special Something
    It looks like they're trying to make Harley Quinn the Deadpool of the DC movies.
  • XxRichiexRichxX
    33122 posts National Team Captain
    Low Ki wrote: »
    It looks like they're trying to make Harley Quinn the Deadpool of the DC movies.

    I’m not mad at that
  • krakos000
    17660 posts World Class
    It doesnt look any better than Suicide Squad tbh, the trailer just looks like a female suicide squad Haha
  • XxRichiexRichxX
    33122 posts National Team Captain
    krakos000 wrote: »
    It doesnt look any better than Suicide Squad tbh, the trailer just looks like a female suicide squad Haha

    Lol. Again, I’m Ok with that :joy:
    But on a serious note, Suicide Squad was pretty bad, I do think this will be better.

    Hoping the reboot is better too.
  • XxRichiexRichxX
    33122 posts National Team Captain
    edited October 2019
    Also, anyone here still watch Agents of Shield? Just finished catching up.
    Post edited by XxRichiexRichxX on
  • Shshj
    4947 posts National Call-Up
    Just got in from Joker, my word what a film.

    Just see it as soon as possible. The only person you're cheating is yourself.
  • Low Ki
    12307 posts Has That Special Something
    edited October 2019
    It's an excellent movie on terms of a character piece driven by Joaquin Phoenix.

    But as a Joker movie it felt unnecessary and awkward. I dont think we needed a sympathetic portrayal of the Joker of all characters, hes not Magneto for a comparison.

    And I do think it being a Joker movie is what caused the film's only weaknesses in HUGE suspensions of disbelief being needed at times.
  • Shshj
    4947 posts National Call-Up
    edited October 2019
    Low Ki wrote: »
    It's an excellent movie on terms of a character piece driven by Joaquin Phoenix.

    But as a Joker movie it felt unnecessary and awkward. I dont think we needed a sympathetic portrayal of the Joker of all characters, hes not Magneto for a comparison.

    And I do think it being a Joker movie is what caused the film's only weaknesses in HUGE suspensions of disbelief being needed at times.
    I actually think it did a very good job in making us feel sympathetic for Arthur, although I can see where you're coming from. It probably depends on how everyone perceives the movie. On one hand, he's a man who's been completely broken down by society in ways which are no fault of his own, on the other he's still the same murdering psychopathic clown who's morally beyond saving.

    I think Murray's death is a good example of this, you're kinda rooting for the Joker to kill him given the events that lead up to that point, then he blows his brains out and you realise how sick & disgusting that moment really is.

    I've seen a few people suggest that the whole series of events played out in Arthur's head, and that he never actually left the asylum in the first place. I'm not sure I prefer it over the standard portrayal but it's certainly an interesting take.
  • Low Ki
    12307 posts Has That Special Something
    edited October 2019
    I think we were missing a moment where
    Arthur gains confidence. Every other Joker portrayal has been a guy who revelled in dark and disturbing and portrayed it in an exhibitionist style.

    Even when he shot De Niro I was still seeing Arthur throughout the movie and he never broke out of that neurotic and awkward shell. Which is kind of ironic given De Niro's portrayals in the King of Comedy and Taxi Driver which this heavily borrows from. His character definitively evolved throughout those.

    I guess I kept looking for that "you talking to me" moment of paradigm shift as opposed to more "they dont like me so I killed them".I thought that's where thought diary was headed initially as it was heavily implied that's where he buried all his dark ❤️❤️❤️❤️ that he thought wasnt proper for society.
  • Jboom98
    465 posts Sunday League Hero
    There are YouTubers who watch film trailers and discuss what to expect anyway majority aren't going to watch it because it's not a marvel film or there's no avengers I understand Marvel is for Children and Adults who wish they were kids again while DC is Darker more mature there's always a fascination with the villains in DC even if you want Batman, Superman or Wonder Woman to win perhaps Spider-man's villains come close but they've never had a dark villain like The Joker I'm not on one side and hate the other but if you want a comparison to JOKER then Marvel's got Venom which was terrible but Marvel fans think every film that comes out is the best they have bad films too there's so much negativity towards DC and its deserved they shouldn't have copied Marvel by creating a universe and I've not seen a good film in this DC universe so it's pointless the last great DC film was Dark Knight Rises I don't know what this DC Black is all about JOKER is the first DC Black film they will probably do a penguin film next then what do you call that then FLIPPERS get Andy serkis as the penguin in a DC Black origin film or in Batman 2021 I haven't seen JOKER but I don't think anyone can be better than Heath ledger's Joker but I'm sure JOKER will be a Classic film to look back on in the future.
  • CeeQue
    12773 posts Has That Special Something
    Jboom98 wrote: »
    There are YouTubers who watch film trailers and discuss what to expect anyway majority aren't going to watch it because it's not a marvel film or there's no avengers I understand Marvel is for Children and Adults who wish they were kids again while DC is Darker more mature there's always a fascination with the villains in DC even if you want Batman, Superman or Wonder Woman to win perhaps Spider-man's villains come close but they've never had a dark villain like The Joker I'm not on one side and hate the other but if you want a comparison to JOKER then Marvel's got Venom which was terrible but Marvel fans think every film that comes out is the best they have bad films too there's so much negativity towards DC and its deserved they shouldn't have copied Marvel by creating a universe and I've not seen a good film in this DC universe so it's pointless the last great DC film was Dark Knight Rises I don't know what this DC Black is all about JOKER is the first DC Black film they will probably do a penguin film next then what do you call that then FLIPPERS get Andy serkis as the penguin in a DC Black origin film or in Batman 2021 I haven't seen JOKER but I don't think anyone can be better than Heath ledger's Joker but I'm sure JOKER will be a Classic film to look back on in the future.

    Heath's Joker was great. His attitude to just create conflict. Given the fact that he can is what Joker really is.

    But with his death and all his preformance garnerd more fane.

  • Jboom98
    465 posts Sunday League Hero
    Oh no ! The PC Brigade think this film is going to be like a Marvel film turns out it's the most violent film they've ever seen cause some adults want to be kids what did they expect It's the joker not Iron man.
    https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-7540901/Joker-viewers-globe-WALK-movie-theatres.html
  • Shshj
    4947 posts National Call-Up
    I'm over the moon to see it having such success, not only because it's a brilliant film but also because it breaks ground by exploring dark themes which were considered taboo for comic book movies.

    Hopefully this encourages DC to do more of what they do best.
  • Low Ki
    12307 posts Has That Special Something
    Matthew Vaughn says he wants to direct Fantastic Four:
    Yeah I've always loved the idea of doing Fantastic Four as it was originally written," he revealed. "I mean it's one of my favorite comics and I actually think that Fantastic Four, as a nice piece of IP, is in theory as big as Spider-Man."

    "I think those, the values of Fantastic Four and Spider-Man, I think those are the reason, if you're a kid, you can imagine being a part of the Fantastic Four family and you can imagine being Peter Parker," Vaughn continued. "So yeah, I think Fan-Four would be the one that would excite me the most."
  • Low Ki
    12307 posts Has That Special Something
    In fact, according to sources close to We Got This Covered – the same ones who told us Disney was developing an Aladdin sequel and Marvel was bringing Black Knight into the MCU, both of which were later confirmed – Kevin Feige wants Jon Bernthal to return as Frank Castle in future MCU films. It’s unclear which projects the Marvel Studios head wants him in, but one movie that we’ve heard the Punisher could appear in is the rumored Midnight Sons pic.


    .
  • Jboom98
    465 posts Sunday League Hero
    Again this would be a great casting in the batman
    72864112_196457254687929_2621296249511946651_n.jpg?_nc_ht=scontent-lhr3-1.cdninstagram.com&_nc_cat=1&se=7&ig_cache_key=MjE0OTA2NDUwNDYwOTAyMTEzMw%3D%3D.2

  • Jboom98
    465 posts Sunday League Hero
    What Elevator would you go in ?
    69897575_161948648246734_1991717046297009582_n.jpg?_nc_ht=scontent-lhr3-1.cdninstagram.com&_nc_cat=110&se=7&ig_cache_key=MjE0NTQ0OTg0NDMzNjc4OTQzNg%3D%3D.2


    70692698_362551254653503_3862024733149748515_n.jpg?_nc_ht=scontent-lhr3-1.cdninstagram.com&_nc_cat=1&se=7&ig_cache_key=MjEzMjQxMTY1NDQ0NTM3MTM4NQ%3D%3D.2
  • krakos000
    17660 posts World Class
    I thought the movie was fantastic and Phoenix was phenomenal. I agree with @Shshj in that it did a great job at making us feel sympathetic and almost "rooting" for him in a way. Definitely a different and interesting take on the Joker and even though I knew the change from Arthur to Joker was coming, it didnt make it any less brutal when the movie did climax.
  • McRaven
    5893 posts Big Money Move
    Just came back from the cinema. Joker is such a good film. It makes you feel so uneasy the entire way through.
  • krakos000
    17660 posts World Class
    McRaven wrote: »
    Just came back from the cinema. Joker is such a good film. It makes you feel so uneasy the entire way through.

    It was cringy but in a good way if that makes sense. In a successful way.
  • Jboom98
    465 posts Sunday League Hero
    Well done Joaquín Phoenix to make a villain more human isn't easy the fact that Arthur had a condition where he basically had uncontrollable laughter is something that hasn't been done before if you've experienced or had someone who has a mental illness this film is relatable where no one listens or wants to help you especially if your a outcast or a lost soul who wants to get noticed from the start the classic Warner bros logo and intro makes you feel already this is something special for sure Joker plays with your mind in what actually happened and what was in Arthur's head
    The surprise was how violent some scenes were especially when Arthur became the Joker the stairs in the film especially when he's dancing down them would be iconic if they had the music used in the trailers Smile or send in the clowns would have been better than the controversial song they used in that scene anyway the chat show scene is tense and this is where we see the Joker not Arthur and he definitely gets noticed by killing Robert de Nero there is a homage to Health ledger where Joaquín Phoenix's Joker is in front of a camera telling how crazy the world is its for like 20 seconds but it's great to see a nod from another Joker they could of ended it there but they didn't instead he is in arkham telling his psychiatrist that she would not understand the Joke he then walks out leaving a trail of blood it looks like a iconic ending as much as I loved the film I don't think Joaquín Phoenix is better than Heath ledger but I do think he's in second place Joaquín Phoenix does want to play the Joker again but I think it's best like the Joker's before him you can only play the Joker once even if he wins a Oscar.
  • XxRichiexRichxX
    33122 posts National Team Captain
    edited October 2019
    If anyone's watching Titans, or even if you're not...
    DC is letting fans vote whether or not Jason Todd dies on Titans.

    https://www.dcuniverse.com/news/poll-should-titans-jason-todd-live-or-die/

    For anyone that didn't read the comics, DC did the same thing for the comic book story line
    Post edited by XxRichiexRichxX on
  • GL
    12434 posts Has That Special Something
    Nice spoiler
  • XxRichiexRichxX
    33122 posts National Team Captain
    GL wrote: »
    Nice spoiler

    Apologies... didn't even think about that side of things :joy:
  • If anyone's watching Titans, or even if you're not...
    DC is letting fans vote whether or not Jason Todd dies on Titans.

    https://www.dcuniverse.com/news/poll-should-titans-jason-todd-live-or-die/

    For anyone that didn't read the comics, DC did the same thing for the comic book story line

    “It’s not the job of the artist to give the audience what the audience wants. If the audience knew what they needed, then they wouldn’t be the audience. They would be the artists. It is the job of artists to give the audience what they need.”

    - Some guy who wrote some good comics
  • Low Ki wrote: »
    I think we were missing a moment where
    Arthur gains confidence. Every other Joker portrayal has been a guy who revelled in dark and disturbing and portrayed it in an exhibitionist style.

    Even when he shot De Niro I was still seeing Arthur throughout the movie and he never broke out of that neurotic and awkward shell. Which is kind of ironic given De Niro's portrayals in the King of Comedy and Taxi Driver which this heavily borrows from. His character definitively evolved throughout those.

    I guess I kept looking for that "you talking to me" moment of paradigm shift as opposed to more "they dont like me so I killed them".I thought that's where thought diary was headed initially as it was heavily implied that's where he buried all his dark **** that he thought wasnt proper for society.

    Uhhhh, did you miss the scene where he puts on the costume, goes out in broad daylight and starts openly dancing without a care in the world?
Sign In or Register to comment.