OT - The Comic Book Shop: ENDGAME

Comments

• Shshj
    3995 posts National Call-Up
    A good breakdown of the situation, doesn't paint Disney in a good light.

EChhHq6U0AAPxRC?format=jpg&name=900x900
  • XxRichiexRichxX
    31690 posts National Team Captain
    Argie8 wrote: »
    sounds like it was down to Disney wanting better terms in the deal, so its not all down to Sony neccessarily

If I’m understanding everything correctly...can’t really blame Disney for wanting a more 50/50 split on the cofinancing. Supposedly the current deals have Disney getting absolutely robbed by Sony despite Feige being arguably one of the biggest/most important contributors to the success of those movies.

I find it a bit confusing tbh.

Wait, Disney wanted to go from 5% to 50%?? :D thats crazy

Well the 50/50 split reportedly directed at the cofinancing split...in my head, “financing” is down the cost of producing the movie, it seems like currently one studio is forking up more money than the other (probably Disney). Apparently Disney only makes “5% on the first dollar gross”. My understanding of it all, is that they are negotiating the co-financing split and the producer credit, haven’t seen Anything really on the 5% part increasing.

EDIT: just saw an updated article saying that Disney actually does only get 5% of the whole revenue. completely understandable why they wanted to adjust the deal.

Sony pays for the production and distribution of the Spiderman films, but Marvel have creative control of the films and were allowed to put the character in their films. They also received 5% of the box office. Not very much but 50% would have been madness

Ah I see. But like I said it appears they were looking for 50/50 co financing which I’m pretty sure means Disney would be funding some of the productions...but that was likely terms they wanted to push in order to get into more discussions on adjusting the revenue they make. Because ultimately, the movies are as good as they are because Disney has the creative control. As soon as it goes back to full Sony, quality will for sure drop.
  • XxRichiexRichxX
    Shshj wrote: »
    A good breakdown of the situation, doesn't paint Disney in a good light.

EChhHq6U0AAPxRC?format=jpg&name=900x900

Tbh it’s greed from both parts.
  • Argie8
    5738 posts Big Money Move
    sounds like it was down to Disney wanting better terms in the deal, so its not all down to Sony neccessarily

If I’m understanding everything correctly...can’t really blame Disney for wanting a more 50/50 split on the cofinancing. Supposedly the current deals have Disney getting absolutely robbed by Sony despite Feige being arguably one of the biggest/most important contributors to the success of those movies.

Well the 50/50 split reportedly directed at the cofinancing split...in my head, “financing” is down the cost of producing the movie, it seems like currently one studio is forking up more money than the other (probably Disney). Apparently Disney only makes “5% on the first dollar gross”. My understanding of it all, is that they are negotiating the co-financing split and the producer credit, haven’t seen Anything really on the 5% part increasing.

EDIT: just saw an updated article saying that Disney actually does only get 5% of the whole revenue. completely understandable why they wanted to adjust the deal.

Sony pays for the production and distribution of the Spiderman films, but Marvel have creative control of the films and were allowed to put the character in their films. They also received 5% of the box office. Not very much but 50% would have been madness

Ah I see. But like I said it appears they were looking for 50/50 co financing which I’m pretty sure means Disney would be funding some of the productions...but that was likely terms they wanted to push in order to get into more discussions on adjusting the revenue they make. Because ultimately, the movies are as good as they are because Disney has the creative control. As soon as it goes back to full Sony, quality will for sure drop.

im not sure what to believe. Sony are saying it has nothing to do with money aren't they?
  • Low Ki
    11744 posts Has That Special Something
    lol at the notion of little Sony being bullied by big bad Disney.
  • XxRichiexRichxX

im not sure what to believe. Sony are saying it has nothing to do with money aren't they?

Supposedly
  • Apollo
    14269 posts Has That Special Something
    edited August 22
    Whatever its actually about, can it just be sorted so we don't lose Spiderman in the MCU please
  • Low Ki
    edited August 22
    I dont get how this can work practically.

This version of Spider-Man is literally connected to the MCU at pretty deep levels. All of his villains so far have been directly connected to Tony Stark. All of his tech is directly from Iron Man. Happy and Aunt May. There's really no way to cut this off without being really awkward.
  • XxRichiexRichxX
    Low Ki wrote: »
    I dont get how this can work practically.

This version of Spider-Man is literally connected to the MCU at pretty deep levels. All of his villains so far have been directly connected to Tony Stark. All of his tech is directly from Iron Man. Happy and Aunt May. There's really no way to cut this off without being really awkward.

Unfortunately Sony don’t care what kind of issues it may cause to both sides of the story.
  • Low Ki
    Moon Knight, She Hulk and Ns Marvey are coming to Disney+. Also, Kurt Russell's son will play US Agent in the Falcon and Bucky show.

Moon Knight I cant wait for. The character is basically a crazy Batman with multiple personalities.
  • krakos000
    17453 posts World Class
    Moon Knight, She Hulk and Ns Marvey are coming to Disney+. Also, Kurt Russell's son will play US Agent in the Falcon and Bucky show.

Moon Knight I cant wait for. The character is basically a crazy Batman with multiple personalities.

Moon Knight will be awesome but nothing will soften the blow for me still lol :(
  • Argie8
    krakos000 wrote: »

Moon Knight will be awesome but nothing will soften the blow for me still lol :(

what are you upset about?? netflix shows??
  • krakos000
    17453 posts World Class

Spiderman!!! Lol
  • Argie8

Spiderman!!! Lol

oh haha i somehow forgot about that. nothings been decided for definite right now. i still have a little bit of hope
  • Low Ki
    There's way too much money on the table to kill the deal. Something has to give.
  • Low Ki

This looks amazing. The budget, production...it's movie quality.
  • krakos000
    17453 posts World Class
    In GOOD news though they released the costumes for Eternals and Jon Snow is playing Black Knight!!!
  • Low Ki
    edited August 25
    Eternals was the last franchise I wanted to see adapted. Etting Black Knight is ok though.
    Post edited by Low Ki on
  • krakos000
    17453 posts World Class
    Currently almost done catching up with Arrow. I'm watching Elseworlds right now. I'm nowhere near any of the other shows but at least the crossovers dont really spoil too much
  • XxRichiexRichxX
    Currently almost done catching up with Arrow. I'm watching Elseworlds right now. I'm nowhere near any of the other shows but at least the crossovers dont really spoil too much

I enjoyed it overall. Can tell they are wrapping things up.

But yeah I’ve not caught up on the other shows.
  • krakos000
    17453 posts World Class

I enjoyed it overall. Can tell they are wrapping things up.

But yeah I’ve not caught up on the other shows.

I loved season 6 and then the first part of 7 with the prison. Diaz is a great villain and while I know what happens this season from reading about it when it was airing(Emiko, Crisis etc) I'm still excited for it.
  • Apollo
    14269 posts Has That Special Something
  • P
    7507 posts League Winner
  • XxRichiexRichxX
    P wrote: »

Oh man I can't wait.
  • krakos000
    17453 posts World Class
    Shaanxz wrote: »

Was just gonna post this. My god this looks amazing.
  • GL
    6508 posts Big Money Move
    WOW