OT - The Comic Book Shop: ENDGAME

Comments

• krakos000
    17416 posts World Class
    My bad guys. I didn't know they removed the content. Was from a good page too, but here's a new link.

Titans Season 2 trailer.

Ahh I need to finish s1 but I'm gonna watch the trailer anyways
  • krakos000
    17416 posts World Class
    Oooooh deathstroke <3
  • XxRichiexRichxX
    31361 posts National Team Captain
    krakos000 wrote: »
    My bad guys. I didn't know they removed the content. Was from a good page too, but here's a new link.

Titans Season 2 trailer.

Ahh I need to finish s1 but I'm gonna watch the trailer anyways

First season got better as the season went on imo. I enjoyed it overall.
    Oooooh deathstroke <3

Yessir.

My only real issue is Iain Glen's casting as Batman/Bruce. lol.
  • XxRichiexRichxX
    edited August 7
    Finished The Boys... what a great show. I need more episodes! What a cliffhanger.
  • Apollo
    13078 posts Has That Special Something
    Question for you guys - why after Cap wields Mjolnir, when he's attacked Thanos, after that when Thanos comes back at him and smashes Cap's shield - before he starts hitting him, why does he remove his helmet? :joy: I can't work it out
  • krakos000
    17416 posts World Class
    Apollo wrote: »
    Question for you guys - why after Cap wields Mjolnir, when he's attacked Thanos, after that when Thanos comes back at him and smashes Cap's shield - before he starts hitting him, why does he remove his helmet? :joy: I can't work it out

The extra drama Haha
  • Apollo

The extra drama Haha

Might just be that, I can't think of any tactical reason why he'd do it, it makes no sense otherwise :joy:
  • krakos000
    17416 posts World Class

The extra drama Haha

Might just be that, I can't think of any tactical reason why he'd do it, it makes no sense otherwise :joy:

I have to go back and watch but I cant remember how it goes off the top of my head. Like I can't see it in my head. But I agree Haha.

Just talking about the movie makes me want to watch it again...I think I'm gonna do a viewing of Infinity War and Endgame back to back.
  • XxRichiexRichxX
    How many have watched The Boys... I need to talk about it. LOL. I have questions about that ending.
  • krakos000
    17416 posts World Class
    How many have watched The Boys... I need to talk about it. LOL. I have questions about that ending.

Currently watching it!! I absolutely love it and I believe that is pretty close to how it would be in today's society if "supes" were real.
  • Apollo

The extra drama Haha

I have to go back and watch but I cant remember how it goes off the top of my head. Like I can't see it in my head. But I agree Haha.

Just talking about the movie makes me want to watch it again...I think I'm gonna do a viewing of Infinity War and Endgame back to back.

Post in the thread when you've seen the scene so had a reminder of it... There's literally no reason I can see for it other than dramatic effect :joy:
  • Low Ki
    11718 posts Has That Special Something
    I'm reading monthly comics again for the first time in years with Jonathan Hickman's X-Men book.

This is way more ambitious than what he did with the Avengers. He's embraced that their publishing history and continuity is a convoluted mess. And he made Moira MacTaggert of all characters the centerpiece of everything.

TLDR from #2 of House of X is...
    She's now lived 9 full lives and has reincarnated into a 10th, but every time she reincarnates, she "starts over" from the same point of conception and relives her life from this point again with all prior knowledge, thus allowing her to make changes to the timeline using all her past experience. So every time she dies she resets the timeline and has another go at getting it right. Probably making new realities every time.

From the back page we see there were 10 lives so far with the 11th probably being the next big reboot to clean stuff up. Life 6 was conveniently omitted which will probably come back into the story later. All continue after her death.

Really curious how this goes. When he did his Avengers book he pretty much influenced the movies a ton, as opposed to the other way around. X-Men for sure need to be cleaned up to set the stage for Marvel's mutant movies.
  • Low Ki
  • Shshj
    3818 posts National Call-Up
    edited August 20
    Man, this sucks. Really fear for the near-future of the MCU now.

• Apollo
    Shshj wrote: »
    Man, this sucks. Really fear for the near-future of the MCU now.

Oh ****. Really hope they can find an agreement, the MCU wouldn't be the same without Spiderman now
  • krakos000
    17416 posts World Class
    Wtf??! That would suck so bad and you know its sonys fault too the greedy ****
  • Shshj
    3818 posts National Call-Up
    It looks like Sony pulled the plug as they want Holland to play a bigger role in their Spiderman universe movies, which would be fine in normal circumstances but they can't be trusted at this point.

This is terrible news for the MCU though, Spidey was definitely the biggest hero they had left. All that character development throughout Civil War, Homecoming, IW/Endgame and now Far Frome Home is suddenly in the gutter.
  • Low Ki
    What the ****.

Hoping Disney leaked this to force Sony back to the table.
  • Argie8
    5605 posts Big Money Move
    oh god. this sucks so bad. how on earth will they explain this in the mcu? it basically feels like a waste of time now. i dont want him in a crappy venom film
  • Argie8
    sounds like it was down to Disney wanting better terms in the deal, so its not all down to Sony neccessarily
  • XxRichiexRichxX
    edited August 21
    Argie8 wrote: »
    sounds like it was down to Disney wanting better terms in the deal, so its not all down to Sony neccessarily

If I’m understanding everything correctly...can’t really blame Disney for wanting a more 50/50 split on the cofinancing. Supposedly the current deals have Disney getting absolutely robbed by Sony despite Feige being arguably one of the biggest/most important contributors to the success of those movies.
  • krakos000
    17416 posts World Class

If I’m understanding everything correctly...can’t really blame Disney for wanting a more 50/50 split on the cofinancing. Supposedly the current deals have Disney getting absolutely robbed by Sony despite Feige being arguably one of the biggest/most important contributors to the success of those movies.

True but since sony has all the rights, it's in their right to say no and they did. Unfortunately the fans lose out the most.

Man idk why it hit so hard but this actually upset me today and ruined my day for a bit Haha
  • Argie8
    edited August 21

I find it a bit confusing tbh.

Wait, Disney wanted to go from 5% to 50%?? :D thats crazy
    Post edited by Argie8 on
  • XxRichiexRichxX
    edited August 21

True but since sony has all the rights, it's in their right to say no and they did. Unfortunately the fans lose out the most.

Man idk why it hit so hard but this actually upset me today and ruined my day for a bit Haha

Oh I agree. I understand Sony has the rights lol. But I completely understand Disney’s point of view on the matter, especially after watching FFH cross the $1billion mark. Disney’s doing all the work and only getting a fraction of the revenue. Can’t blame from for wanting something closer to a 50/50 split on certain things. If Disney is coughing up all the money to produce the movie and only getting a fraction back, it’s entirely understandable.

Feige is supposedly a big Spider-Man fan, so I’m hoping they work everything out.

Agree that it’s the fans that suffer.
    Post edited by XxRichiexRichxX on
  • XxRichiexRichxX
    edited August 21

Well the 50/50 split reportedly directed at the cofinancing split...in my head, “financing” is down the cost of producing the movie, it seems like currently one studio is forking up more money than the other (probably Disney). Apparently Disney only makes “5% on the first dollar gross”. My understanding of it all, is that they are negotiating the co-financing split and the producer credit, haven’t seen Anything really on the 5% part increasing.

EDIT: just saw an updated article saying that Disney actually does only get 5% of the whole revenue. completely understandable why they wanted to adjust the deal.
  • XxRichiexRichxX
    So apparently Sony has come out and said that the whole issue isn’t a money related issue, but rather that Feige won’t be working with the franchise going forward.

Either it was a smartly shifted narrative on their part to take the heat away from it being money related, or they genuinely don’t want to work with anyone other than Feige
  • Argie8
    edited August 21
    Post edited by Argie8 on
  • Argie8

Well the 50/50 split reportedly directed at the cofinancing split...in my head, “financing” is down the cost of producing the movie, it seems like currently one studio is forking up more money than the other (probably Disney). Apparently Disney only makes “5% on the first dollar gross”. My understanding of it all, is that they are negotiating the co-financing split and the producer credit, haven’t seen Anything really on the 5% part increasing.

EDIT: just saw an updated article saying that Disney actually does only get 5% of the whole revenue. completely understandable why they wanted to adjust the deal.

Sony pays for the production and distribution of the Spiderman films, but Marvel have creative control of the films and were allowed to put the character in their films. They also received 5% of the box office. Not very much but 50% would have been madness