OT - The Comic Book Shop: ENDGAME

Comments

• XxRichiexRichxX
    31653 posts National Team Captain
    Guess I’ll go see it again next weekend.
  • Apollo
    14159 posts Has That Special Something
    Guess I’ll go see it again next weekend.

I think I might as well :joy:
  • Low Ki
    11743 posts Has That Special Something
    Some non-spoiler reactions to the new Spider-Man:
    https://www.slashfilm.com/spider-man-far-from-home-early-buzz/

TLDR, very positive.
  • XxRichiexRichxX
    edited June 23
  • Argie8
    5727 posts Big Money Move
    Only just managed to catch SHAZAM. What a delightful film!

SHAZAM had so much heart and was consistently funny throughout. Can't believe how much I enjoyed this. I just know if i was 12/13 then this would be one of my absolute favourite films. But as a 25 year old, I still loved it.

Also, whisper it quietly, but I think the DCEU's first phase may be stronger than Marvel's first phase... Pretty mad how much they've turned it around after such a shaky start
  • Apollo
    edited June 24
    Argie8 wrote: »

SHAZAM had so much heart and was consistently funny throughout. Can't believe how much I enjoyed this. I just know if i was 12/13 then this would be one of my absolute favourite films. But as a 25 year old, I still loved it.

Also, whisper it quietly, but I think the DCEU's first phase may be stronger than Marvel's first phase... Pretty mad how much they've turned it around after such a shaky start

Can't agree with you there, Aquaman was okay (I didn't particularly like it but it was okay), but other than that I haven't liked any of them so far. Iron Man (1), Captain America, Thor and Avengers were all brilliant, no comparison for me.

The DC TV series are decent enough, but I'm not a fan of the films in the slightest.
  • Argie8
    Apollo wrote: »

Can't agree with you there, Aquaman was okay (I didn't particularly like it but it was okay), but other than that I haven't liked any of them so far. Iron Man (1), Captain America, Thor and Avengers were all brilliant, no comparison for me.

The DC TV series are decent enough, but I'm not a fan of the films in the slightest.

I thought Aquaman was really good, and I thought Wonderwoman and Shazam were great. Didnt think any of the films from Marvel's first phase were anything special, not even Avengers or Iron man, both just 7/10s for me. And I didn't rate Iron Man 2, Captain America or Incredible Hulk at all :# Opinions ey
  • hoban95
    48504 posts FIFA Cover Star

I thought Aquaman was really good, and I thought Wonderwoman and Shazam were great. Didnt think any of the films from Marvel's first phase were anything special, not even Avengers or Iron man, both just 7/10s for me. And I didn't rate Iron Man 2, Captain America or Incredible Hulk at all :# Opinions ey

Dead on, just about opinions and different tastes. I really liked Captain America 1. Also glad you like Shazam, will try and watch that soon.
  • Apollo

Oh yeah I wasn't saying you were wrong or something, just that I didn't agree. Each to their own, it's good that there's such a variety of these films that everyone can have their own favourites
  • Argie8
    As long as we can all agree that Infinity War was great we Gucci >:) :joy:
  • Low Ki
    Legion is a gift of a show. Great start to season 3.
  • EA_Rtas
    1134 posts EA Moderator
    Low Ki wrote: »

Really need to get back into this I missed out on season 2 after like episode 3, such a good show.
  • XxRichiexRichxX
    Finished Jessica Jones Season 3. Better than Season 2, but still doesn't hold a candle to Season 1.

I know JJ isn't for everyone, but they are a victim of their own success imo, in the sense that season 1 was sooooo good, that they've not been able to successfully replicate it or improve on it. True Detective is another show that comes to mind that falls into that same category
  • P
    7502 posts League Winner
    Low Ki wrote: »

I still need to watch season 2 but I really enjoyed season 1. It was so different.
  • krakos000
    17446 posts World Class
    FFH is getting great reviews
  • Low Ki

His Avengers book was the last mainstream book I bought and it ended up being one of my all time favourite runs ever. Can't wait to see what he does with the mess that is X-Men continuity.
  • XxRichiexRichxX
    Forgot the beautiful Zoe Saldana was in Avatar as well.
  • krakos000
    17446 posts World Class
    Anyone see Endgame again? The "extras" for the re release were meh except the stan Lee tribute was nice. It was just cool to see it in theaters one last time. The freaking portals scene gave me chills again Haha.

Cant wait for spidey though in 2 days!!!
  • XxRichiexRichxX
    krakos000 wrote: »
    Anyone see Endgame again? The "extras" for the re release were meh except the stan Lee tribute was nice. It was just cool to see it in theaters one last time. The freaking portals scene gave me chills again Haha.

Cant wait for spidey though in 2 days!!!

I'm actually going tomorrow to see Avengers again.
  • krakos000
    17446 posts World Class
    WOOO seeing Spidey today!!! Cant wait to see Mysterio and I'm hearing nothing but that the end credits scenes are gamechangers so I'm even more hyped Haha
  • krakos000
    17446 posts World Class
    Still trying to digest that movie oh wow....But I LOVED IT. Awesome awesome spidey movie holy crap.
  • hoban95
    48504 posts FIFA Cover Star
    I really need to see this but working from tomorrow til Monday ffs.
  • krakos000
    17446 posts World Class
    It has one of the craziest scenes visually in a marvel movie...reminded me of doctor strange and it was so stressful to watch I wanted to walk out of the theater lol
  • Argie8
    Wow, I thought SHAZAM would be the most delightful film I’d see all year but Spider-Man Far From Home might have just topped it! It’s consistently charming, engaging and funny, but the humour doesn’t take away from the stakes. The visuals are incredible and fully take advantage of the potential that Mysterio brings (who is brilliant in the film). And Tom Holland is perfect yet again.

This is another home run from Marvel and extends their incredible run. Making great films is NOT supposed to be this easy!
  • Low Ki
    I saw it and I still don't believe it. They pulled off a perfect Mysterio.
    Everything from Berlin onwards was amazing. Hail the fishbowl.
  • Choepiechakie
    31404 posts National Team Captain
    It was a fair representation of the Netherlands.
  • Argie8

Hahahaha I died at that point
    I thought, what would you and Crazy think of that representation of the Netherlands
  • Choepiechakie
    31404 posts National Team Captain

Hahahaha I died at that point
    I thought, what would you and Crazy think of that representation of the Netherlands
    made me laugh so f'ing hard