OT - The Comic Book Shop: ENDGAME

Comments

• krakos000
    17470 posts World Class
    Reus wrote: »
    Russo brothers have confirmed cap could always lift thors hammer

Just being the guy he is he didn't want to show up thor when he realised he could in age of Ultron

Instead he waited until it was absolutely vital in endgame

Had a feeling about that. Also I'm soooooo glad Whedon didnt have Cap say Avengers Assemble in Ultron. That along with cap lifting the hammer were two of my favorite moments in the entire MCU by far. I have a ton but some off the top of my head are:

"Avengers Assemble/I am Iron Man", Thor in Wakanda, Cap lifting the hammer, Cap vs Bucky hand to hand scene in Winter Soldier, Spideys entrance into the MCU in Civil War airport scene, the first snap, the Guardians wielding the power stone, Cap Marvel going binary, "We are groot", Kilmonger walking into the throne room.

Cant think of any more atm although there are tons, Haha but all of those are iconic MCU moments for me.
  • Orison
    48556 posts FIFA Cover Star
    edited May 8
    Avatar is kind of like the avengers movies for me. Sit back, chill and don't think.

The story in Avatar is basically non existent, but the visuals are stunning and it's a good movie to have on in the background while doing some other stuff.

Also watched endgame for a 2nd time. Will bump up my score to a solid 6/10 for now.

That spiderman trailer was promising. The film can only be better than homecoming.
  • krakos000
    17470 posts World Class
    Saw it again last night but in 4DX(chairs move, water mists, air gets blown at your face and sometimes next to your face in certain parts, theres some little mechanisms under the seat that brush against your legs, smoke in the front which the theater, lights go off during parts with flashing lights) which was super interesting to say the least.

The chairs moving wasnt too distracting to be honest, the girlfriend didnt like it at all but I did. It made the action scenes feel more intense. The best part of the experience was whenever Thor/Cap would summon lightning in that final battle, the lights would flash matching with the lightning and it made those parts a lot more epic. Especially when it was Cap doing it too.
  • hoban95
    49053 posts FIFA Cover Star

Just being the guy he is he didn't want to show up thor when he realised he could in age of Ultron

Makes so much sense looking back on Age of Ultron.
  • Big Matty T
    2634 posts Fans' Favourite
    krakos000 wrote: »

Had a feeling about that. Also I'm soooooo glad Whedon didnt have Cap say Avengers Assemble in Ultron. That along with cap lifting the hammer were two of my favorite moments in the entire MCU by far. I have a ton but some off the top of my head are:

"Avengers Assemble/I am Iron Man", Thor in Wakanda, Cap lifting the hammer, Cap vs Bucky hand to hand scene in Winter Soldier, Spideys entrance into the MCU in Civil War airport scene, the first snap, the Guardians wielding the power stone, Cap Marvel going binary, "We are groot", Kilmonger walking into the throne room.

Cant think of any more atm although there are tons, Haha but all of those are iconic MCU moments for me.

Thor arriving at Wakanda gets me every time...so awesome

Avengers Assemble had me literally shaking in the theater...so many powerful moments in that movie
  • XxRichiexRichxX
    31880 posts National Team Captain
    Joe Russo wants to do a Batman film.

Yes please.
  • Argie8
    5817 posts Big Money Move
    The watchmen tv show trailer looks fascinating. Really looking forward to it
  • hoban95
    Argie8 wrote: »

Yeah the trailer was really interesting. So is this set like 30 years after Watchmen in the current world?
  • Argie8
    hoban95 wrote: »

Yeah the trailer was really interesting. So is this set like 30 years after Watchmen in the current world?

Something like that i think. I have absolutely no idea what to expect tbh. is it based on another graphic novel?
  • CeeQue
    10980 posts Has That Special Something

Miami Vice's Don Johnson is in it B)
  • P
    7590 posts League Winner
    edited May 9

Something like that i think. I have absolutely no idea what to expect tbh. is it based on another graphic novel?

The director/creator has always been a massive fan and wrote his own sequel I believe. He even said how he recognises the graphic novel was never meant to be put to screen, that snyder did such a great job putting the pages to the screen there was no point trying to replicate that. Personally I can't wait.

The rumour is that Jeremy irons is playing an old Ozymandias
  • GL
    6620 posts Big Money Move
    IT Chapter 2 teaser trailer ngl I was afraid for the entire thing until that scene ended
  • xHerdie
    4036 posts National Call-Up
    I know there was a bunch of people who didn’t like Lucifer when it was on the air... but just finished the fourth season (picked up by Netflix) and wow it was a great first season for them
  • xHerdie
    GL wrote: »
    IT Chapter 2 teaser trailer ngl I was afraid for the entire thing until that scene ended

I loved it. Can’t wait for it to come out!
  • XxRichiexRichxX
    xHerdie wrote: »
    I know there was a bunch of people who didn’t like Lucifer when it was on the air... but just finished the fourth season (picked up by Netflix) and wow it was a great first season for them

This show is on my list of Netflix shows to watch. I’ve not seen any of the episodes, but I’ve heard a ton of good things
  • xHerdie
    xHerdie wrote: »

This show is on my list of Netflix shows to watch. I’ve not seen any of the episodes, but I’ve heard a ton of good things

Yeah I watched it from episode 1 when it was on fox. It has its flaws but overall enjoy it. They really did a great job on the fourth season. Def worth a watch!
  • Low Ki
    11785 posts Has That Special Something
    edited May 11
    Possible spoilers are leaking on the next movies
    There won’t be another massive overarching storyline like the Infinity Saga, but there will be “mini-arcs” across certain movies.

One of those
    will be grounded and centered around Norman Osborn as the main antagonist if Sony and Marvel continue their deal.

There's a lot more, but this is the one that got me.

Might be nothing, but one of these sources confirmed 2 big Endgame things.
  • hoban95

@Argie8

Mate i have no idea. The graphic novel was based on the 80's if i can remember as it's during the cold war. So surely this is an aftermath? Like a cult of Rorschach? Either way they have my attention.
  • Low Ki
    It's a sequel. There was a plot point in the original that undermined Ozymandias's plan right at the end BTW: Rorschach's journal being mailed to a reporter.

No idea if theyll lean into that but it explains his cult.
  • hoban95
    Low Ki wrote: »
    It's a sequel. There was a plot point in the original that undermined Ozymandias's plan right at the end BTW: Rorschach's journal being mailed to a reporter.

No idea if theyll lean into that but it explains his cult.

Of course! Great shout!
  • Argie8

@Argie8

Mate i have no idea. The graphic novel was based on the 80's if i can remember as it's during the cold war. So surely this is an aftermath? Like a cult of Rorschach? Either way they have my attention.

right ok. im just glad they aren't doing a retelling of the original storyline. I loved the film so didnt need them to tell that story all over again. this could be very interesting though!
  • hoban95

@Argie8

right ok. im just glad they aren't doing a retelling of the original storyline. I loved the film so didnt need them to tell that story all over again. this could be very interesting though!

tbh it can go both ways ahahaa

But yes they have our attention!
  • hoban95
    That's pretty cool
  • Low Ki
    edited May 16
    Respect the source material.

Hire passionate filmmakers regardless of how much money their last movie made.

Hire the best cast regardless of their current marquee value.

Big contrast from what WB's CEO said:
    We have a great strategy for the DC films, which is to take these beloved characters and put them in the hands of master filmmakers and make sure they all coordinate with each other.
  • XxRichiexRichxX
    I’m just glad he said that there are plans to incorporate the Ten Rings and/or the REAL Mandarin.
  • Low Ki
    Looks like that leaked rumor is lookibg more legit then:
    about the Mandarin
    being Shang Chi's father.
  • Apollo
    14918 posts Has That Special Something
    edited May 16
  • Argie8
    edited May 17
    Robert Pattinson to Play The Batman in Matt Reeves’ Film!

this is actually a great decision. he's done a lot of really interesting work since the twillight films. very good actor