OT - The Comic Book Shop: ENDGAME

Comments

• XxRichiexRichxX
    31880 posts National Team Captain
    Argie8 wrote: »
    Avatar is good. I think people would rate it a lot more if it made 300k at the box office

Yeah that's probably fair. ha. The overall concept and cinematography of that film was ahead of its kind. James Cameron is a genius.
  • XxRichiexRichxX
    edited May 5
    Low Ki wrote: »
    It's awful. Outside of 3D it is no better looking than an average video game cutscene. And the story was generically lazy.

I reckon if it wasn't the first big 3D movie it would be nowhere near that total gross.

I've not watched it since probably when it was in theaters, maybe once after, but I've got to disagree with that tbh. I'm going to watch it again this weekend. I don't recall it looking as bad as your describing. lol. To each their own.

Even with it being one of the first big 3d movies, Avatar wasn't being shown at the same number of theaters that movies today are. I want to say there's actually some stats to back that from what I read back when Star Wars came out and they were comparing Star Wars to Avatar as far as how much they made in the box office.
  • Low Ki
    11785 posts Has That Special Something
    It also had the worst evil businessperson bad guy I've ever seen driving the movie.

"We're going to destroy this place to take the billions in resources beneath it!"
    But what we've got here is worth a hundred times that."
    "There's a move valuable resource that we know about and can immediately profit from?"
    "Yes!"
    "No. Burn it all down because oil."

That's Avatar in a nutshell.
  • hoban95
    49059 posts FIFA Cover Star
    I’ve never seen it tbh.
  • P
    7590 posts League Winner
    hoban95 wrote: »
    P wrote: »
    I loved end game but it's not comparible to star wars for me. Star wars changed a genre forever. By far my favourite cinema experience seeing the original 3 in the cinema.

The nolanverse would be a better comparison and even then I think its still not as good. TDK is arguably the best film ever made though.

I didn't know you were so damn old

It was when they remastered them. Not quite that old. Still old tho. It must of been over 20 years ago.

That makes far more sense. I intially read that as you going to see them in the cinema in the 70s and 80s :joy:

Googled it, it was 1997, I was like 9 and I still vividly remember it. The nostalgia factor means nothing will probably ever top it.
  • P
    7590 posts League Winner
    I seen avatar twice in the cinema. The Pocahontas story isn't the best but visually it's such a beautiful movie. The 3D is way better than any other movie has done. Possibly the only movie that's better to see in 3D than 2D.
  • hoban95
    I loved end game but it's not comparible to star wars for me. Star wars changed a genre forever. By far my favourite cinema experience seeing the original 3 in the cinema.

The nolanverse would be a better comparison and even then I think its still not as good. TDK is arguably the best film ever made though.

I didn't know you were so damn old

It was when they remastered them. Not quite that old. Still old tho. It must of been over 20 years ago.

That makes far more sense. I intially read that as you going to see them in the cinema in the 70s and 80s :joy:

Googled it, it was 1997, I was like 9 and I still vividly remember it. The nostalgia factor means nothing will probably ever top it.

Yeah I completely get that.
  • XxRichiexRichxX
    I seen avatar twice in the cinema. The Pocahontas story isn't the best but visually it's such a beautiful movie. The 3D is way better than any other movie has done. Possibly the only movie that's better to see in 3D than 2D.

I agree that it's still to this day the best 3D movie visually.
  • Apollo
    14921 posts Has That Special Something
    Seen Endgame again this evening, it was just as incredible the second time round
  • krakos000
    17470 posts World Class
    WOOO seeing it on Tuesday for a 2nd time...in 4DX <3
  • Shshj
    4193 posts National Call-Up
  • Apollo
    Shshj wrote: »

Just beat me to posting it, yeah it looks amazing!

Just a warning to everyone, do not watch this trailer if you haven't seen Endgame.
  • Apollo
    Presuming the hole in the dimension caused by snap, and therefore the introduction of the multiverse is the approach they'll take to introducing mutants and the X-men eventually? It would make sense in the MCU as it would explain where they were all this time and why they weren't involved prior to this.
  • Shshj
    Apollo wrote: »
    Presuming the hole in the dimension caused by snap, and therefore the introduction of the multiverse is the approach they'll take to introducing mutants and the X-men eventually? It would make sense in the MCU as it would explain where they were all this time and why they weren't involved prior to this.
    I would presume that's the case too. If it is then things in Phase 5 are about to get very complicated :joy:
  • hoban95
    Thats a great shout
  • krakos000
    17470 posts World Class
    Thats a great shout

Orrrrrr it's all a ruse and Mysterio is pulling a fast one...Would not surprise me
  • CeeQue
    10981 posts Has That Special Something

• Argie8
    5817 posts Big Money Move
    think its time to talk freely about Endgame spoilers in this thread. please put a spoiler warning in the title OP!
  • P
    7590 posts League Winner
    edited May 6
    krakos000 wrote: »
    Thats a great shout

Orrrrrr it's all a ruse and Mysterio is pulling a fast one...Would not surprise me

It'll be both I reckon. The fire and water monsters definitely look like something mysterio would conjure up. Multiverse is overdue to become canon in the MCU and opens up a million possibilities.

Anyway this Spider-Man looks amazing. Can already tell I'll like it more than homecoming. They've taken chances with the story and it seems alot less straight forward. I just hope that the obvious twist isn't meant to be a big moment in the plot or it'll be underwhelming.
  • XxRichiexRichxX
    edited May 6
    think its time to talk freely about Endgame spoilers in this thread. please put a spoiler warning in the title OP!

Per the Russo Bros...(from last week). Pretty reasonable

• Argie8
    5817 posts Big Money Move

Per the Russo Bros...(from last week). Pretty reasonable

Great minds think alike :D
  • krakos000
    17470 posts World Class
    Thats a great shout

It'll be both I reckon. The fire and water monsters definitely look like something mysterio would conjure up. Multiverse is overdue to become canon in the MCU and opens up a million possibilities.

Anyway this Spider-Man looks amazing. Can already tell I'll like it more than homecoming. They've taken chances with the story and it seems alot less straight forward. I just hope that the obvious twist isn't meant to be a big moment in the plot or it'll be underwhelming.

I hope he is doing some kind of tricking Spidey/Fury at least and they don't ignore that part of his character because its "too easy to predict". But I mean for some people it would still be a big twist if they dont know his background but still I totally get that. I have faith in marvel though.
  • xHerdie
    4036 posts National Call-Up
    Thats a great shout

I hope he is doing some kind of tricking Spidey/Fury at least and they don't ignore that part of his character because its "too easy to predict". But I mean for some people it would still be a big twist if they dont know his background but still I totally get that. I have faith in marvel though.

I know I could totally fact check myself but didn’t he do something very similar with Myles Morales Spider-Man
  • Low Ki
    I like how they are making it seem Beck is actually legit. Or do they just want us to think he on the level.

Maybe a bit of both. I do love the fishbowl though.
  • Shshj
    I'm just excited to finally see a Spiderman movie with Mysterio in it.

Been waiting for this ever since I first saw his character (if you know, you know :joy:)

• Low Ki
    I just realised something. If the multiverse is real then we're definitely getting Secret Wars :o
  • Low Ki
    :lol:
    7zkDAMz.jpg
  • krakos000
    17470 posts World Class
    Low Ki wrote: »
    :lol:
    7zkDAMz.jpg

Tbh I would have lost my absolute **** even more if they would have came out of one of them
  • Reus
    22550 posts Club Captain
    Russo brothers have confirmed cap could always lift thors hammer

Just being the guy he is he didn't want to show up thor when he realised he could in age of Ultron

Instead he waited until it was absolutely vital in endgame
  • XxRichiexRichxX
    edited May 8
    Reus wrote: »
    Russo brothers have confirmed cap could always lift thors hammer

Just being the guy he is he didn't want to show up thor when he realised he could in age of Ultron

Instead he waited until it was absolutely vital in endgame

I thought it was obvious after it was “revealed” in a sense when Thor yells “I knew it”

Still probably my favorite scene of the movie. Never thought I’d see that on the big screen