OT - The Comic Book Shop: ENDGAME

Comments

• Choepiechakie
    31562 posts National Team Captain
    Aww yh avatar was the biggest movie forgot
  • P
    7588 posts League Winner
    I like the theory that
    the rat saving antman and thus saving the MCU was an analogy for Disney saving marvel. Since Disney's mascot is a rodent obviously.
  • Shshj
    4193 posts National Call-Up
    For those who have seen Endgame:
    Has to be the best score we've had yet in the MCU right?

• XxRichiexRichxX
    31873 posts National Team Captain
    In regards to Loki
    It's possible his disappearance when they went back to the attack on NY, is the "loophole" that'll lead to the Loki TV show
  • Argie8
    5816 posts Big Money Move
    In regards to Loki
    It's possible his disappearance when they went back to the attack on NY, is the "loophole" that'll lead to the Loki TV show

I'd say thats almost certainly gonna happen yeah. Was my initial thought
  • P
    7588 posts League Winner
    Argie8 wrote: »
    In regards to Loki

Yeah my brother said that to me yesterday. That the TV show would follow that timeline. Also they set up the Hawkeye TV show.
    it looks like clints daughter will be trained up to become Hawkeye by him in the TV show.
  • xHerdie
    4034 posts National Call-Up
    P wrote: »
    In regards to Loki

Yeah my brother said that to me yesterday. That the TV show would follow that timeline. Also they set up the Hawkeye TV show.
    it looks like clints daughter will be trained up to become Hawkeye by him in the TV show.

I kinda hope it doesn’t because that should be Kats Bishop who takes over
  • XxRichiexRichxX
    Also... I came across this potential plot hole in an article

Doesn’t Steve Rogers’ presence as an old man suggest that time travel into the past *can* affect the present?
    Endgame makes a point of belittling and besmirching fine examples of time travel cinema like Back to the Future (1985) and Timecop (1994) by saying changes to the past can’t affect the present. But the appearance of old man Steve Rogers on that bench suggests otherwise. Instead of traveling back via the machine, he stayed in the ’40s and lived out his life, meaning Peggy Carter’s life was changed and there’s a very good chance they even had kids. (A super-powered daughter who takes up the mantle of Captain America when she turns 21? Hmm? Kevin Feige, give me a call…) This also means that Peggy’s grand-niece Sharon would have grown up knowing who he is and calling him Uncle Steve (which in turn means she probably wouldn’t have made out with him either). The point being, the present would be changed.
  • Low Ki
    11784 posts Has That Special Something
    All we knew before that is Peggy married a WW2 soldier and lived happy with him. We know nothing else about him. That could be the loophole they use.
  • Argie8
    edited April 29

Doesn’t Steve Rogers’ presence as an old man suggest that time travel into the past *can* affect the present?
    Endgame makes a point of belittling and besmirching fine examples of time travel cinema like Back to the Future (1985) and Timecop (1994) by saying changes to the past can’t affect the present. But the appearance of old man Steve Rogers on that bench suggests otherwise. Instead of traveling back via the machine, he stayed in the ’40s and lived out his life, meaning Peggy Carter’s life was changed and there’s a very good chance they even had kids. (A super-powered daughter who takes up the mantle of Captain America when she turns 21? Hmm? Kevin Feige, give me a call…) This also means that Peggy’s grand-niece Sharon would have grown up knowing who he is and calling him Uncle Steve (which in turn means she probably wouldn’t have made out with him either). The point being, the present would be changed.
    is that what actually happened though? I was under the impression that he had gone back in time to return the stone, lived a happy life and then once he had done that he returned back to the original timeline. If he had kids with her it would only be in that timeline. It could be a plot hole though as it doesn't show him returning via the machine does it
  • krakos000
    17470 posts World Class

is that what actually happened though? I was under the impression that he had gone back in time to return the stone, lived a happy life and then once he had done that he returned back to the original timeline. If he had kids with her it would only be in that timeline. It could be a plot hole though as it doesn't show him returning via the machine does it
    I believe that it is in a different timeline, the one in which they took the stone from which is separate but he stayed there so long he aged
  • Argie8
    krakos000 wrote: »

I believe that it is in a different timeline, the one in which they took the stone from which is separate but he stayed there so long he aged

yeah thats what im saying. how did he get back though?
  • krakos000
    17470 posts World Class

maybe he took more pym particles going back to that time period?? No idea Haha
  • Argie8

maybe he took more pym particles going back to that time period?? No idea Haha

Yeah im very confused about that tbh
    From what i remember, there were only limited amount of pym particles left, which they used. They established that you cant change the future by changing the past, it merely starts a new timeline, so I have to assume he found a way to get back, without using the destroyed time machine. No idea how he did it but im willing to suspend my disbelief
  • Currieman
    4945 posts National Call-Up
    Absolutely loved Endgame. It surpassed all expectations I had for the movie. Like many people have said I got goosebumps when
    everyone started coming through the portals.

The only thing I don't like is all the questions that have been raised like
    where is Gamora? etc.
    I like that it's trying to set up the future a bit though as it was a fitting end to all the movies that built up to this.

The whole time travel thing is hurting my head as well.
  • Choepiechakie

we dont know what happened, since he didnt want to talk about it. He might not have been with her for all we know. And just settled with someone else or alone live in peace.
  • Shshj
    edited April 29
    Currieman wrote: »
    Absolutely loved Endgame. It surpassed all expectations I had for the movie. Like many people have said I got goosebumps when
    everyone started coming through the portals.

The only thing I don't like is all the questions that have been raised like
    where is Gamora? etc.
    I like that it's trying to set up the future a bit though as it was a fitting end to all the movies that built up to this.

The whole time travel thing is hurting my head as well.
    The time travel stuff is a complete mess. It wasn't explained very either, they just glossed over it with the "alternate timeline" stuff. Like the others have said, there's now plot holes in Cap and Peggy's timelines too, we could sit here nitpicking all day really. You just have to sort of suspend your disbelief and look over it I guess.
  • XxRichiexRichxX

we dont know what happened, since he didnt want to talk about it. He might not have been with her for all we know. And just settled with someone else or alone live in peace.
    the scene of him dancing with her paints a pretty clear picture
  • Argie8

Yeah it's certainly inferred as to what happened.

I can't stop thinking about endgame lads. I think I need to revisit it!
  • Shshj
    edited April 29

I'm going back to watch it if I can find tickets. We're beyond the opening weekend and my cinema is still near-fully booked for this week, it's insane :joy:

It's such an emotional rollercoaster with so much going on over the three hours that I think we'll 100% need multiple viewings to truly appreciate it.
  • Apollo
    14909 posts Has That Special Something
    Shshj wrote: »

I'm going back to watch it if I can find tickets. We're beyond the opening weekend and my cinema is still near-fully booked for this week, it's insane :joy:

It's such an emotional rollercoaster with so much going on over the three hours that I think we'll 100% need multiple viewings to truly appreciate it.

Yeah same, planning on seeing it again fairly soon :D Has to be done aha
  • Argie8
    Shshj wrote: »

Yeah it was so much to take in as well.bet there was a ton of stuff I missed!
  • hoban95
    49052 posts FIFA Cover Star
    Yeah i need to watch it again
  • Choepiechakie

its still guessing he maybe took that dance and then he knew he had to leave her. We dont know.
  • XxRichiexRichxX

This link/article does a pretty good job at pointing out several flaws in the Captain America situation and how it just doesn’t make sense.

https://www.thewrap.com/avengers-endgame-that-final-captain-america-scene-makes-no-sense-peggy-carter-time-retirement/amp/
  • Orison
    48547 posts FIFA Cover Star
    Can't believe people are talking plotholes within an avengers movie.

These are superhero movies, every single one of them is just a giant plothole.

I'm still kinda underwhelmed. Guess I just expected more after all the hype. Would still take Nolan's batman trilogy over all MCU films.
  • hoban95
    Hopefully going to see it again this week. That would had mean seeing it twice at the cinema just like i did with Avengers 2012 & Infinity War.
  • krakos000
    17470 posts World Class
    hoban95 wrote: »
    Hopefully going to see it again this week. That would had mean seeing it twice at the cinema just like i did with Avengers 2012 & Infinity War.

I want to see it again soon just dont know when I'll have the time :(
  • hoban95
    hoban95 wrote: »

I want to see it again soon just dont know when I'll have the time :(

I asked my mate and we're looking to go 11:30am this week as he has work that evening and i finally got a day off. Working late shifts really screws up time for stuff like this.
  • Argie8

This link/article does a pretty good job at pointing out several flaws in the Captain America situation and how it just doesn’t make sense.

https://www.thewrap.com/avengers-endgame-that-final-captain-america-scene-makes-no-sense-peggy-carter-time-retirement/amp/

The logical part of the article is right but the thematic stuff is based on the assumption that he knows what captain America would have done? When nothing is actually stated