OT - The Comic Book Shop: ENDGAME

Comments

• Choepiechakie
    31562 posts National Team Captain
    Shshj wrote: »
    It's still pretty remarkable to think that the MCU has come this far and hasn't even touched upon the Fantastic Four or X-men yet.

I hope we get the Fantastic Four along with Dr Doom first though, it's about time they were done justice in a film. Maybe Galactus can take Thanos' place and be the big villain for the next saga.

Does Marvel have the rights? Or did they sell them just like they did with Spidey?
  • Shshj
    4193 posts National Call-Up
    edited April 28
    It's still pretty remarkable to think that the MCU has come this far and hasn't even touched upon the Fantastic Four or X-men yet.

I hope we get the Fantastic Four along with Dr Doom first though, it's about time they were done justice in a film. Maybe Galactus can take Thanos' place and be the big villain for the next saga.

Does Marvel have the rights? Or did they sell them just like they did with Spidey?

Yep, they got the rights for Fantastic Four and the X-men when Disney bought Fox.

Deadpool is included too but apparently Marvel are going to keep his future movies separate from the MCU.
  • Choepiechakie

Yep, they got the rights for Fantastic Four and the X-men when Disney bought Fox.

Deadpool is included too but apparently Marvel are going to keep his future movies separate from the MCU.

Would love a cheeky cameo of deadpool in it tho.

But its understandeable with the jokes etc from deadpool
  • CeeQue
    10980 posts Has That Special Something

Would love a cheeky cameo of deadpool in it tho.

But its understandeable with the jokes etc from deadpool

Bob Iger stated that Deadpool will be the only R-Rated film on the Disney roster.
  • P
    7590 posts League Winner
    Low Ki wrote: »
    On a side note I'm glad the cretins going on crusades against Captain Marvel have retreated into their basements in the face of this success. It got really bad until its first week box office takings came in

Captain marvel was trash though. Even the russos realised that and that's why her scenes were so limited imo.
  • Apollo
    14912 posts Has That Special Something
    P wrote: »
    On a side note I'm glad the cretins going on crusades against Captain Marvel have retreated into their basements in the face of this success. It got really bad until its first week box office takings came in

Captain marvel was trash though. Even the russos realised that and that's why her scenes were so limited imo.
    I don't believe that at all personally. I think they didn't want her to overshadow the prior 10 years of films, this was all about the culmination of the characters in those films and ending a lot of story arcs. If she had come in and just saved the day by herself; many fans, including me would have felt short-changed by not letting the original avengers deal with the threat. Her time will come, this film just wasn't about her, she'll head the next phase imo.
  • XxRichiexRichxX
    31873 posts National Team Captain
    edited April 28
    Captain Marvel imho was the weakest of the MCU Franchise to date. And idc about all the drama surrounding the film/Brie Larson. Her acting isn’t great to begin with. Genuinely enjoyed the Skrull in the film, more then I really did Captain Marvel. Yeah it was fun watching her go Binary, but just felt overall the film was the weakest and clearly a quick origin film to get Captain Marvel set up for her 10 minute Avengers cameo
    But I do think her Avengers cameo was meant to be brief. It never felt like she was intended to have a big long part in the film. Likely will see more of her in phase 4
  • xHerdie
    4034 posts National Call-Up

I’m almost positive she filmed End Game way before filming started for Captain Marvel. So don’t think that is true of them realized it was trash
  • P
    7590 posts League Winner
    Apollo wrote: »

I don't believe that at all personally. I think they didn't want her to overshadow the prior 10 years of films, this was all about the culmination of the characters in those films and ending a lot of story arcs. If she had come in and just saved the day by herself; many fans, including me would have felt short-changed by not letting the original avengers deal with the threat. Her time will come, this film just wasn't about her, she'll head the next phase imo.
    Did you think captain marvel was good? I don't think the least liked MCU character was going to overshadow anyone. Unless they did in fact let her save the day. Which she wanted to do. That would be an awful movie though, much like captain marvel. Not even taking into account the things brie did away from the movie cause I don't care.
  • XxRichiexRichxX
    edited April 28
    xHerdie wrote: »

I’m almost positive she filmed End Game way before filming started for Captain Marvel. So don’t think that is true of them realized it was trash

She did. Her Endgame scenes were filmed before Captain Marvel was filmed. There’s a interview somewhere saying she didn’t know the part she was playing when she was filming. Pretty sure she was offered the part by Feige, rather than having auditioned for it.
  • Apollo

Did you think captain marvel was good? I don't think the least liked MCU character was going to overshadow anyone. Unless they did in fact let her save the day. Which she wanted to do. That would be an awful movie though, much like captain marvel. Not even taking into account the things brie did away from the movie cause I don't care.
    I didn't mean overshadow in terms of personality or something. I meant overshadow in terms of because she's so powerful, if she came in and basically defeated Thanos and undid the snap by herself then that would make fans feel short-changed. The original Avengers needed to save the day one final time to wrap up their storylines. Hence why I think they gave her such a small part. She'll be one of the main heroes going forward.

And I thought Captain Marvel was a good film, but not amazing. As you can see from my point above I'm not talking about who is liked the most, I'm talking about in terms of the most powerful heroes.
  • Shshj
    Fully agree re: Captain Marvel. Definitely one of the weaker origin stories but she'll probably get a sequel and will be one of the main heroes going forward. The rumours of the discord between Brie and the rest of the cast are interesting too, although I doubt there's any real substance to them.
  • XxRichiexRichxX
    Fully agree re: Captain Marvel. Definitely one of the weaker origin stories but she'll probably get a sequel and will be one of the main heroes going forward. The rumours of the discord between Brie and the rest of the cast are interesting too, although I doubt there's any real substance to them.

It’ll be interesting to see how things go going forward with her and the cast, but I think a lot of it is media driven with the drama surrounding Brie. But who knows. The bit that I saw that may make the most sense is that I guess Scarlett Witch was originally supposed to be the “face” or whatever of the next phase and that’s apparently changed to Captain Marvel and supposedly there’s some drama surrounding that.
  • GL
    6620 posts Big Money Move
    Finally watched Endgame 🤯

The guy next to me was loudly munching on his popcorn and making a noise trying to grab it.

I was heated
  • P
    7590 posts League Winner

I didn't mean overshadow in terms of personality or something. I meant overshadow in terms of because she's so powerful, if she came in and basically defeated Thanos and undid the snap by herself then that would make fans feel short-changed. The original Avengers needed to save the day one final time to wrap up their storylines. Hence why I think they gave her such a small part. She'll be one of the main heroes going forward.

And I thought Captain Marvel was a good film, but not amazing. As you can see from my point above I'm not talking about who is liked the most, I'm talking about in terms of the most powerful heroes.
    Yeah if they let her just undo the snap it would of been awful. Im glad she had limited screen time. She just not likable at all. The scene when she's like "I'll just go kill thanos here" was annoying and condescending to the rest of the team. Really hope she's not a main hero going forward. I trust in marvel to sort it one way or the other tho.

She isn't the most powerful avenger just because feige said so either. From my understanding Scarlett witch is more powerful. I think feige was just selling us that movie.
  • XxRichiexRichxX

Yeah if they let her just undo the snap it would of been awful. Im glad she had limited screen time. She just not likable at all. The scene when she's like "I'll just go kill thanos here" was annoying and condescending to the rest of the team. Really hope she's not a main hero going forward. I trust in marvel to sort it one way or the other tho.

She isn't the most powerful avenger just because feige said so either. From my understanding Scarlett witch is more powerful. I think feige was just selling us that movie.

Lmao. That last paragraph is similar to my last comment about some of the drama surrounding the entire situation
  • Shshj
    The potential with the X-men is interesting too. Surely if Jean Gray comes in she has to be added to the "most powerful" equation.
  • Choepiechakie
    The potential with the X-men is interesting too. Surely if Jean Gray comes in she has to be added to the "most powerful" equation.

I feel like only wolverine could have a place in avengers
  • P
    7590 posts League Winner

Lmao. That last paragraph is similar to my last comment about some of the drama surrounding the entire situation

Missed that. Would make sense why he pushes her so much if he hand selected her. Captain marvel aside. What a great movie end game was. Had so many great conversations about so many great scenes with people. I'm excited to see what the Russo bros do next away from the MCU.
  • Argie8
    5816 posts Big Money Move

i think youre absolutely spot on. i was worried she would ruin the film. she can have a bigger role in the next phase as we get more intergalactic
  • Argie8
    im fascinated to see what they do with the xmen. i wish they hadnt decided to do the dark phoenix storyline in this next film and had waited for them to be in the mcu and build it properly instead. at this point i have no anticipation for dark phoenix :/
  • GL
    In Ultron Cap could lift the hammer but didn't want to show up Thor :joy:

The "I knew it!!!" :D
  • Choepiechakie
    GL wrote: »
    In Ultron Cap could lift the hammer but didn't want to show up Thor :joy:

The "I knew it!!!" :D

Cheers geoff
  • GL
    sue me for enjoying the references :*
  • XxRichiexRichxX

Missed that. Would make sense why he pushes her so much if he hand selected her. Captain marvel aside. What a great movie end game was. Had so many great conversations about so many great scenes with people. I'm excited to see what the Russo bros do next away from the MCU.

Yeah not 100% sure as far as offered/auditioned, but I’m sure I read that Feige wanted her to play the role. And the fact that she claimed she didn’t know what role she was playing, leads me to believe she was offered.

But I agree about the Russo bros. Clearly a talented duo.
  • Choepiechakie
    Titanic is going down
  • Apollo

Not surprised by that in the slightest. Amazing start
  • XxRichiexRichxX
    Titanic is going down

By quite a margin too it seems.
  • Argie8
    Titanic is going down

By quite a margin too it seems.

it'll make more than Infinity war. At this rate it will challenge Avatar too, if not surpass it