OT - The Comic Book Shop: ENDGAME

Comments

• krakos000
    17478 posts World Class
    hoban95 wrote: »
    Shshj wrote: »
    Argie8 wrote: »
    Omg I forget how much I love Korg. Absolutely loved that he was playing fortnite :D
    "Thor, the guy on the TV called me a **** again" :joy: :joy:

Unreal scene ahaha

I'm so happy they were in the movie
  • Apollo
    15088 posts World Class
    Just got back from seeing the film. Oh my word that was absolutely unbelievable!!! So amazingly done, superbly tied up everything and a brilliant culmination of 11 years of films.
    I am absolutely devastated about Tony Stark though. He was the one character I really wanted to survive Endgame. Was hoping he'd retire and be with Pepper. Loved when he said I am Iron Man again though when he did the snap.
  • Shshj
    4196 posts National Call-Up
    edited April 27
    My biggest takeaway for Phase 4 has to be the "Asgardians" :joy:

I really hope they keep Thor on for GOTG 3, searching for Gamora while being pursued by Adam Warlock would be such a cool premise.
  • XxRichiexRichxX
    31913 posts National Team Captain
    edited April 27
    Endgame has already destroyed the box office record for opening weekend and the weekends not even over yet.
  • hoban95
    49163 posts FIFA Cover Star
    Endgame has already destroyed the box office record for opening weekend and the weekends not even over yet.

Incredible but not that surprising.
  • Low Ki
    11789 posts Has That Special Something
    On a side note I'm glad the cretins going on crusades against Captain Marvel have retreated into their basements in the face of this success. It got really bad until its first week box office takings came in
  • Shshj
    edited April 27
    Do you think it could become the highest-grossing film of all-time?

It's supposedly taken $650m so far and it's only been out for three days (depending on where you live). Avatar holds the record at $2.9bn, Infinity War made $2.048bn.
  • Reus
    22563 posts Club Captain
    Iv never paid to see a film twice

Congratulations marvel, you are the first and possibly only company that will ever compel me to do so
  • maymanpele
    14389 posts Has That Special Something

It's supposedly taken $650m so far and it's only been out for three days (depending on where you live). Avatar holds the record at $2.9bn, Infinity War made $2.048bn.

Absolutely
  • Low Ki
    I so hope someone finally knocks James Cameron off his perch.

Titanic was one thing, but I cant for the life of me understand why Avatar made that much.
  • Low Ki
    For Phase 4 what do you think we'll get first, mutants or the Fantastic Four?

On a side note the Fox properties coming home means James Gunn gets the one character he wanted to work with originally
    Kang the Conqueror. Who just happens to be a time traveler.
  • Argie8
    5834 posts Big Money Move

Probably not but there's a small chance it could
  • XxRichiexRichxX
    Low Ki wrote: »
    I so hope someone finally knocks James Cameron off his perch.

Titanic was one thing, but I cant for the life of me understand why Avatar made that much.

I thought Avatar was incredible tbf... cinematography, mainly the visual effects, alone was unreal. Movie was ahead of it's time imo.
  • krakos000
    17478 posts World Class

On a side note the Fox properties coming home means James Gunn gets the one character he wanted to work with originally

I hope the fantastic 4 with Silver Surfer, Doom and Galactus. Much rather have them first than Xmen tbh. Fits more with the cosmic theme anyway.
    wheres Adam warlock though? I'm hoping hes in Gotg3, and I realllllly wanted at least a tease or for him to be the one to keep the gauntlet at the end like the Infinity Gauntlet storyline. But I understand why, it wouldn't have made any sense to have him come in randomly for that. Audiences would have been confused
  • krakos000
    17478 posts World Class
    2 gripes I have with the plot and please anyone chime in with your ideas on these...
    1. How does this affect Spiderman FFH?? Did all of his classmates also get dusted or what because Ned looked the same age still and they were still at their school I'm assuming...Its a little too convenient that they all would be dusted.

2. How did 2014 Nebula manage to get 2014 Thanos to the present when there was only enough Pym particles for one trip back and she was there with everyone else when they all got back...

Only two plot gripes
  • Low Ki
    There's another scene I'm disappointed didnt play out:
    Steve returning the soul stone to the Red Skull :lol:
  • krakos000
    17478 posts World Class
    There's another scene I'm disappointed didnt play out:
    Steve returning the soul stone to the Red Skull :lol:

Omg that would have been awesome!!! Haha they could make a whole movie about him
    returning all the stones
  • XxRichiexRichxX
    edited April 28
    krakos000 wrote: »

I hope the fantastic 4 with Silver Surfer, Doom and Galactus. Much rather have them first than Xmen tbh. Fits more with the cosmic theme anyway.
    wheres Adam warlock though? I'm hoping hes in Gotg3, and I realllllly wanted at least a tease or for him to be the one to keep the gauntlet at the end like the Infinity Gauntlet storyline. But I understand why, it wouldn't have made any sense to have him come in randomly for that. Audiences would have been confused
    Pretty sure Adam Warlock is a phase 4 character... more than likely will see him in GOTG3
    2 gripes I have with the plot and please anyone chime in with your ideas on these...
    1. How does this affect Spiderman FFH?? Did all of his classmates also get dusted or what because Ned looked the same age still and they were still at their school I'm assuming...Its a little too convenient that they all would be dusted.

2. How did 2014 Nebula manage to get 2014 Thanos to the present when there was only enough Pym particles for one trip back and she was there with everyone else when they all got back...

Only two plot gripes
    fair shout regarding spiderman. wonder if that was intentional or if there was an oversight there.

Didn't even think about the time travel for Thanos and his army.
  • krakos000
    17478 posts World Class

Pretty sure Adam Warlock is a phase 4 character... more than likely will see him in GOTG3

Only two plot gripes
    fair shout regarding spiderman. wonder if that was intentional or if there was an oversight there.

Didn't even think about the time travel for Thanos and his army.
    first thing my gfs family started arguing about in the car was the time travel with thanos. I mean I know nebula gave him the jar with particles iirc, so maybe they were able to recreate the formula? I'm sure thanos has some insanely intelligent scientists plus Ebony Maw. Probably didn't take em too long.

But yeah I guess we'll see what happens when FFH comes out, one theory I'm reading on reddit is that maybe they'll be in college now(the ones who didnt get snapped).
  • xHerdie
    4050 posts National Call-Up
    edited April 28
    @krakos000

I read something that actually makes a lot of sense. The scene in infinity war when Peter is on the bus with everyone, is actually them coming back from FFH. Which would make sense because the bus is heading back into the city and not away from it (If im not mistaken)

So really it takes place before the whole finger snap happens

Not sure how accurate it is but could be true
  • Low Ki
    I think
    this was planned to open a new can of worms for phase 4. Time is effectively broken meaning they can do whatever they want with it.

There was also a Cap story about him becoming unstuck in time btw. Was part of the run that gave us the Winter Soldier.
  • krakos000
    17478 posts World Class
    xHerdie wrote: »
    @krakos000

I read something that actually makes a lot of sense. The scene in infinity war when Peter is on the bus with everyone, is actually them coming back from FFH. Which would make sense because the bus is heading back into the city and not away from it (If im not mistaken)

Hmmm that is interesting but I thought Kevin Feige has stated FFH takes place right after Endgame. He could be lying though as to not ruin the surprise of the time jump in Endgame.
  • XxRichiexRichxX
    @krakos000

Hmmm that is interesting but I thought Kevin Feige has stated FFH takes place right after Endgame. He could be lying though as to not ruin the surprise of the time jump in Endgame.
    But what's weird to me is that Peter knows that they are 5 years into the future and goes back to the same highschool, when in reality, he'd be done with high school. So I'm not sure how that makes much sense unless the entire school and faculty were wiped.
  • krakos000
    17478 posts World Class
    @krakos000

But what's weird to me is that Peter knows that they are 5 years into the future and goes back to the same highschool, when in reality, he'd be done with high school. So I'm not sure how that makes much sense unless the entire school and faculty were wiped.
    I'm thinking they're in college now maybe? Idk nothing else would make sense Haha
  • Apollo
    15088 posts World Class
    They said during the film that they were going to bring back everyone as they were, just 5 years in the future. So to me that means they will have to be in the same year (grade for Americans?) of education that they were when they were dusted. Obviously that would mean that the half who didn't get dusted would have finished school, so logically speaking everyone we saw in Peter's school in Endgame have to be from the half who were dusted, or it's a plot hole, but I guess we'll see fairly soon aha.
  • krakos000
    17478 posts World Class
    Apollo wrote: »
    They said during the film that they were going to bring back everyone as they were, just 5 years in the future. So to me that means they will have to be in the same year (grade for Americans?) of education that they were when they were dusted. Obviously that would mean that the half who didn't get dusted would have finished school, so logically speaking everyone we saw in Peter's school in Endgame have to be from the half who were dusted, or it's a plot hole, but I guess we'll see fairly soon aha.

Exactly that's something that's kind of too convenient to be believable but in a movie with a talking raccoon...you gotta suspend some disbelief I guess Haha
  • Apollo
    15088 posts World Class

Exactly that's something that's kind of too convenient to be believable but in a movie with a talking raccoon...you gotta suspend some disbelief I guess Haha

That's a fair point :D At least we all don't have to wait a year to find out the answers to these questions, just a few months aha
  • Shshj
    It's still pretty remarkable to think that the MCU has come this far and hasn't even touched upon the Fantastic Four or X-men yet.

I hope we get the Fantastic Four along with Dr Doom first though, it's about time they were done justice in a film. Maybe Galactus can take Thanos' place and be the big villain for the next saga.
  • Argie8
    5834 posts Big Money Move
    It's still pretty remarkable to think that the MCU has come this far and hasn't even touched upon the Fantastic Four or X-men yet.

I hope we get the Fantastic Four along with Dr Doom first though, it's about time they were done justice in a film. Maybe Galactus can take Thanos' place and be the big villain for the next saga.

Yep all of this. Silver surfer too. Make this **** intergalactic then add X-Men
  • Choepiechakie
    31584 posts National Team Captain
    thats my problem on first sight with spidey, that means his whole spelling group were wiped out.

But marvel is known to change their movies from the trailer so who knows only thing we know is that Ned is still yhe same age