OT - The Comic Book Shop: ENDGAME

Comments

• LFC Simon 98
    17198 posts World Class
    here you go @LFC Simon 98

I went to go see it but had some unfortunate circumstances had me leave about 20 mins into it, luckily got a free pass for another movie so i plan on going back this weekend to watch it.

My stepdad who I went with to see it, who's really big on comic books and even used to own a comic book store, probably a bigger movie critic than me, said it was pretty good. He was it was definitely better than the critics made it out to be, said it was much better than BvS. I asked him to compare to BvS because me and him shared a similar opinion on BvS in that we didn't think it was good.

I will say, in the scenes that I saw of Joker, I wasn't a big fan. I love Leto as an actor, and I'm not going in with the mindset of "he'll never be better than Ledger" or anything like that, I always go in open minded, I just felt like he was trying too hard and forcing things.

I'm not exactly an avid movie watcher, let alone comic book movies. So I didn't exactly want to come into this thread because my knowledge for comparisons ain't great. Regardless. How do you put a spoiler in on my phone? I don't want to post a bunch of stuff then people hate me for being a dumb dumb
  • hoban95
    49037 posts FIFA Cover Star
    edited August 2016
    Just got back from the suicide squad, it was f*cking sick

Really enjoyable, loved every minute of it.
    I think we might see a Batman under the red hood story line as i see Joker being in the next Batman after the ending. Also i'm sure most people didn't get the Phil Jackson reference in my cinema. "Triangle ****" :joy: [spoiler/]
  • LFC Simon 98
    17198 posts World Class
    edited August 2016
    I loved the movie right, thought it was great in most aspects. But I just felt the enchantress queen bit was just a lil strange, like it wasn't a proper Villain or anything typical. Maybe I'm just sad because (not sure if anyone noticed) but I'm a big Cara fan and felt it was just a bit strange
  • LFC Simon 98
    17198 posts World Class
    Loved that line too @hoban95 no one bar me and a mate seemed to understand either :D
  • XxRichiexRichxX
    31870 posts National Team Captain
    hoban95 wrote: »
    Just got back from the suicide squad, it was f*cking sick

Really enjoyable, loved every minute of it.
    I think we might see a Batman under the red hood story line as i see Joker being in the next Batman after the ending. Also i'm sure most people didn't get the Phil Jackson reference in my cinema. "Triangle ****" :joy: [spoiler/]

yeah there's been a lot of rumors of that story line over the last couple months. I'm really hoping it's true.
  • hoban95
    Kinda praying they do that story line tbh, if there is any comic book story i want seen adapted on the big screen, it's under the red hood.
  • XxRichiexRichxX
    Kinda praying they do that story line tbh, if there is any comic book story i want seen adapted on the big screen, it's under the red hood.

I agree. I've always wanted Nightwing to be introduced in a movie personally.
  • Neymessi
    13058 posts Has That Special Something
    I just saw it and overall I guess it was pretty good, but the plot was pretty weird. Some of the randomest **** was going on. What was the point of that boomerang guy, he literally did nothing the whole movie. Deadshot and Harley were my two fav characters. Margot Robbie is bae <3
  • XxRichiexRichxX
    Neymessi wrote: »
    I just saw it and overall I guess it was pretty good, but the plot was pretty weird. Some of the randomest **** was going on. What was the point of that boomerang guy, he literally did nothing the whole movie. Deadshot and Harley were my two fav characters. Margot Robbie is bae <3

Capt Boomerang is one of main character in the squad so of course he's in the movie, but for movie purposes, comic relief
  • StewParty
    4056 posts National Call-Up
    Needed a better down to earth villian in my opinion
  • krakos000
    17470 posts World Class
    StewParty wrote: »
    Needed a better down to earth villian in my opinion

I loved the villain and it's mythology but I love that kind of **** anyway so I'm probably biased haha
  • Vert
    15436 posts World Class
    after watching ss this still stands true
    NadWHK2.jpg
  • krakos000
    17470 posts World Class
    Vert wrote: »
    NadWHK2.jpg

Hahaha that's hilarious. Marvel GOAT
  • Arsenalfan97
    7698 posts League Winner
    Vert wrote: »
    NadWHK2.jpg

:D So true
  • hoban95

Capt Boomerang is one of main character in the squad so of course he's in the movie, but for movie purposes, comic relief

This, he's a main flash villian and a vital part to the suicide squad
  • hoban95

I agree. I've always wanted Nightwing to be introduced in a movie personally.

Yeah nightwing would be epic, one of the most beloved DC characters
  • Peter
    26887 posts Player of the Year
    Just went and watched it on my own, fell asleep in the middle, no idea how much I missed.

I woke up just as
    Joker "died"
  • hoban95
    Peter wrote: »
    Just went and watched it on my own, fell asleep in the middle, no idea how much I missed.

I woke up just as
    Joker "died"

Remind me not to go to the cinema with you.
  • Peter
    26887 posts Player of the Year
    Peter wrote: »

I woke up just as
    Joker "died"

Remind me not to go to the cinema with you.

Not like you need good company in the cinema!

Im turning into my dad :D, he used to always do it when I was a kid.
  • hoban95
    :joy:
  • Neymessi
    13058 posts Has That Special Something
    Do you think they will make a deadshot movie? He was awesome
  • hoban95
    Do you think they will make a deadshot movie? He was awesome

Dunno, far more better characters to make individual films about that would rake in more cash. But they do have an established fan base now will smith played the role.
  • hoban95
    I know it isn't comics but sod it, it's still an epic movie that we all are looking forward to

@krakos000 @Ronan14 @XxRichiexRichxX
  • XxRichiexRichxX
    I know it isn't comics but sod it, it's still an epic movie that we all are looking forward to

@krakos000 @Ronan14 @XxRichiexRichxX

Yep. I'm excited. For a "side movie" this is going to be amazing.
  • hoban95
    That ending man... :blush:
  • XxRichiexRichxX
  • krakos000
    17470 posts World Class
    I can't wait for that star wars movie!!! Looks awesome. That and Dr strange are gonna close the year out with a bang
  • coatsy
    32197 posts National Team Captain
    Watched xmen Apocalypse finally, was pretty good!

Not sure if it's my favourite though.
  • XxRichiexRichxX
    coatsy2008 wrote: »

think it was the weakest of the trilogy, but that's not to say it was bad.
  • coatsy
    32197 posts National Team Captain
    coatsy2008 wrote: »

think it was the weakest of the trilogy, but that's not to say it was bad.

Same, think First Class is probably my favourite.