OT - The Comic Book Shop: ENDGAME

Comments

• krakos000
    17446 posts World Class
    krakos000 wrote: »
    P wrote: »
    Argie8 wrote: »
    Joker trailer is out! I'm hyppppppped!

Can't wait. Should easily be the best DC movie since TDK trilogy.

Really enjoyed Wonder Woman Tbf.

I enjoyed aquaman as well. For me it goes

WW
    Aquaman
    BvS

JL

For me it’s just

WW
    Aquaman

Outside of maybe the casting of Batman, Superman, Lois, etc. I honestly didn’t care much for the movies.

Good point Haha I just felt like I had to put them in there
  • Argie8
    5718 posts Big Money Move
    i honestly think the ultimate cut of BvS is pretty good. Not great but plenty of good stuff in there.

Not keen on Man of Steel or Suicide squad though.

Think Joker looks terrific. feels like an indie drama that just so happens to be about the joker. the tone looks spot on
  • Low Ki
    11743 posts Has That Special Something
    Joker reminds me of Taxi Driver.

If it wasnt a Joker movie I'd be pretty hyped for it, but the core idea is just bizarre: Set in the 80s, with him as a "good guy" pushed too far and Bruce Wayne's dad as a Trump-like bad guy.
  • Argie8
    Low Ki wrote: »
    Joker reminds me of Taxi Driver.

If it wasnt a Joker movie I'd be pretty hyped for it, but the core idea is just bizarre: Set in the 80s, with him as a "good guy" pushed too far and Bruce Wayne's dad as a Trump-like bad guy.

i think the concept is very good. Seems theyre taking a lot of ideas from the comics. Excited to see how the transition from normal guy to psychopath works
  • Low Ki
    11743 posts Has That Special Something
    If the leaked parts are true
    Thomas Wayne is his dad and he was banging Jokers mother on the side.

It reads like something Snyder would do. I do agree a lot of his backstory looks like The Killing Joke though.
  • Argie8
    Low Ki wrote: »
    If the leaked parts are true
    Thomas Wayne is his dad and he was banging Jokers mother on the side.

It reads like something Snyder would do. I do agree a lot of his backstory looks like The Killing Joke though.

hmm yeah i feel you
  • GL
    6506 posts Big Money Move
    Joker is not part of the DCEU right?
  • P
    7499 posts League Winner
    GL wrote: »
    Joker is not part of the DCEU right?

Right.
  • P
    7499 posts League Winner
    Yeah WW the best post TDK movie for me as well. Just feel like Phoenix is a top 3 actor in Hollywood today and could take it to the next level. Like an awards level. Time will tell.

Also the killing joke is one of the best comics ever.
  • krakos000
    17446 posts World Class
    Just saw Shazam and thoroughly enjoyed it.

@XxRichiexRichxX now it goes

Wonder woman - Shazam
    Aquaman

Everything else lol
  • XxRichiexRichxX
    31652 posts National Team Captain

Wonder woman - Shazam
    Aquaman

Everything else lol

Good to hear. I definitely want to see Shazam
  • krakos000
    17446 posts World Class

Wonder woman - Shazam
    Aquaman

Everything else lol

Good to hear. I definitely want to see Shazam

No CGI issues!!
  • Shshj
    3925 posts National Call-Up
    Also just got in from seeing Shazam, such a great film. Definitely one of DCs best and deserves all of the glowing reviews it's been given so far.
  • XxRichiexRichxX
    edited April 5
    Yeah hearing nothing but great reviews from friends on Shazam. I love it. Can’t wait to see it.
  • krakos000
    17446 posts World Class
    It's the most "Marvel" film DC has made if that makes sense. The tone from the trailers is the tone of the movie. I would definitely see it again.
  • Argie8
    Only just got round to watching AQUAMAN but I had a great time with it! Lots of exciting action, frenetic pacing and compelling world building combine to make a genuinely thrilling film. It didn’t take itself too seriously, but still allowed for a few moments of pathos. It’s a silly, action-packed adventure movie that I had a blast with, despite its flaws. A step forward for the DCEU…
  • Apollo
    14110 posts Has That Special Something
  • krakos000
    17446 posts World Class
    Apollo wrote: »

It feels like this will be in the intro before the "Endgame" logo appears. The way it ends with caps line and the music
  • Apollo
    Apollo wrote: »

It feels like this will be in the intro before the "Endgame" logo appears. The way it ends with caps line and the music

Yeah I agree, it definitely looks that way. I reckon after the intro it'll then go to Tony in space so everything's been introduced, then back to the rest of the Avengers as they go after Thanos.
  • krakos000
    17446 posts World Class
    Is it the 26th yet??
  • Apollo
  • XxRichiexRichxX
    Falcon and Winter Soldier spin off show. Very interesting
  • P
    7499 posts League Winner
    Seen shazam and thought it was good. Definitely the funniest from the dceu. Not on wonder woman's level but a good popcorn flick.
  • XxRichiexRichxX
    Iain Glen cast as Batman/Bruce Wayne for Titan’s....idk how I feel about that
  • krakos000
    17446 posts World Class
    edited April 12
    Is @hoban95 still around? Wanted to know if he or anyone else has seen the "No road home" storyline for the avengers comics. With Hercules and that new chick villain. I've only read the first issue but it seems really cool.
  • XxRichiexRichxX
    So Tom Hiddleston is confirmed for the Loki TV series on their streaming service. Anthony Mackie as Falcon for the Falcon and Winter Soldier spin up, no confirmation that I’ve seen on Sebastian’s Stan for Winter Soldier. And Elizabeth Olsen confirmed for the Scarlet Witch series.
  • XxRichiexRichxX
    Is @hoban95 still around? Wanted to know if he or anyone else has seen the "No road home" storyline for the avengers comics. With Hercules and that new chick villain. I've only read the first issue but it seems really cool.

I’m not sure if he gets on here anymore tbh. I’ll ask him
  • XxRichiexRichxX
    Rumor’s circulating that Tom Welling is going to make an appearance on Arrow season 8. Shame it won’t be as Clark Kent but exciting nonetheless
  • Reus
    22434 posts Club Captain
    Star wars episode 9

Should be titled we stuffed it up so bad we are bringing back the old main villain to try and save it
  • Apollo
    Is it the 26th yet??