OT - The Comic Book Shop: ENDGAME

Comments

• hoban95
    48504 posts FIFA Cover Star
    Gotta love comic con @XxRichiexRichxX

I think they've lost me with Arrow, i'm nowhere near as hyped as i use to be for this show. Like i'm still intrigued but i can't help but think they are doing damage control. Like we see the promise he made to Laurel now and it's what...training a group of young heroes? I dunno man

Flash on the other hand? I'm hooked left, right and centre :joy:

I can see this being amazing man!

Never finished LOT, but saw most of the finale. Looks pretty cool, will watch that. Interested in their incorporation of the JSA.
  • XxRichiexRichxX
    31652 posts National Team Captain
    Yeah i can definitely see the damage control element. I can't see the show going on for more than maybe 1 more season after this next unless they do something amazing with it to recover. Killing Laurel is going to prove to be their biggest mistake. Too many die hard comic book/Green Arrow fans that are pissed about that. We will see what happens. I'm still going to give it a chance.

Flash looks amazing, looks like an entirely new show to an extent, lol, with the flashpoint story line.

I'm holding off on watching LOT trailer until I watch the first season lol
  • hoban95
    Yeah i can definitely see the damage control element. I can't see the show going on for more than maybe 1 more season after this next unless they do something amazing with it to recover. Killing Laurel is going to prove to be their biggest mistake. Too many die hard comic book/Green Arrow fans that are pissed about that. We will see what happens. I'm still going to give it a chance.

Flash looks amazing, looks like an entirely new show to an extent, lol, with the flashpoint story line.

Yeah man, so many are quitting on the show because of what they did. They've pretty much almost lost me now, i watched that finale with barely any excitement. Flash is the complete opposite, it's a comic book fans dream in terms of a tv show. They have been spot on and this flashpoint season could be bloody amazing!

That's fair with LOT.
  • XxRichiexRichxX
    hoban95 wrote: »

Yeah man, so many are quitting on the show because of what they did. They've pretty much almost lost me now, i watched that finale with barely any excitement. Flash is the complete opposite, it's a comic book fans dream in terms of a tv show. They have been spot on and this flashpoint season could be bloody amazing!

That's fair with LOT.

It's on my list of shows to watch, I just have a lot of shows I'm catching up on. Lol
  • hoban95

That's fair with LOT.

It's on my list of shows to watch, I just have a lot of shows I'm catching up on. Lol

Marvel defenders is also coming out next year as well!
  • XxRichiexRichxX

That's fair with LOT.

Marvel defenders is also coming out next year as well!

Just adding to the already long list. Lol
  • Richard
    11407 posts Has That Special Something
    Just came back from Tomorrowland, watching all these Comic-Con Trailers are fantastic. I like the Wonder Woman one the best. :o
  • hoban95
    Richard wrote: »
    Just came back from Tomorrowland, watching all these Comic-Con Trailers are fantastic. I like the Wonder Woman one the best. :o

The wonder woman one was very interesting but as a Batman fan i really digged the JLA trailer.

How was tomorrowland btw?
  • XxRichiexRichxX

The wonder woman one was very interesting but as a Batman fan i really digged the JLA trailer.

I'm a huge Batman fan as well. I just can't be bothered with Zach Snyder. Only thing I like that he brings is the darker element, but overall BvS was a disappointment imo. Plus he seems to not like Superman. BvS the first trailer looked great, movie ended up being really underwhelming, I just fear the same will happen with Justice League. Would love to be wrong though
  • hoban95
    yeah i get that but Geoff Johns is meant to be having major input in the film. Now that gives me hope.
  • XxRichiexRichxX
    yeah i get that but Geoff Johns is meant to be having major input in the film. Now that gives me hope.

I hope so. They need to recover from BvS. Too much of that movie was rushed/didn't make sense. DC just needs to quit forcing things feeling like they have to match Marvel right away. Just take their time.
  • hoban95

I hope so. They need to recover from BvS. Too much of that movie was rushed/didn't make sense. DC just needs to quit forcing things feeling like they have to match Marvel right away. Just take their time.

Yeah they defo do need to recover, think Geoff Johns can really do that. Man is a creative genius.
  • JJ
    2799 posts National Call-Up
    I thought arrow was cancelled after season 2 and replaced with a show called 'Felicity and friends'?
  • hoban95
    JJ wrote: »
    I thought arrow was cancelled after season 2 and replaced with a show called 'Felicity and friends'?

So true :joy: :joy:
  • Richard
    11407 posts Has That Special Something
    edited July 2016

JLA also looked really good, Aquaman seemed interesting, not sure about the Flash though

Tomorrowland was a one in a life time experience! Will probably have a hangover for a week though, but what a paradise it was!
  • XxRichiexRichxX
    Early screenings of Suicide Squad already getting bad reviews....

GG DC
  • hoban95
    Nah don't say that, I'm watching it this week 4fs
  • Agent VZ
    29162 posts Player of the Year

GG DC

Heard that apparently it's another disaster from them.. Booked for Friday night though gonna have to see it nonetheless.
  • hoban95
    Agent VZ wrote: »

GG DC

Heard that apparently it's another disaster from them.. Booked for Friday night though gonna have to see it nonetheless.

Lads please stop :joy:
  • dannyboy
    12802 posts Has That Special Something

35% positive reviews on RT
    46% on metacritic
  • hoban95
    dannyboy wrote: »

46% on metacritic

There is always that one lad.
  • Vert
    15398 posts World Class
    Bless DC, they are trying
  • Arsenalfan97
    7646 posts League Winner
    edited August 2016
    I'm just waiting for someone to say it was "made for the fans" that's the excuse if critics say it is a mediocre-bad movie right?
  • dannyboy
    12802 posts Has That Special Something
    dannyboy wrote: »

46% on metacritic

There is always that one lad.

It'll probably go up to ~50-60 in a few days anyway
  • hoban95
    I'm just waiting for someone to say it was "made for the fans" that's the excuse if you make a mediocre-bad move right?

Comic book fans are going to have more of a appreciation for a film than casual movie watchers. Just like they will be more critical in some areas as well. Only natural.

It's why i think Afflecks Batman is the greatest Batman ever on screen as it's the closest Batman to the comics and source material.
  • Arsenalfan97
    7646 posts League Winner
    I'm just waiting for someone to say it was "made for the fans" that's the excuse if you make a mediocre-bad move right?

Comic book fans are going to have more of a appreciation for a film than casual movie watchers. Just like they will be more critical in some areas as well. Only natural.

It's why i think Afflecks Batman is the greatest Batman ever on screen as it's the closest Batman to the comics and source material.

Yeah he is a great batman still a poor movie though. I wonder if suicide squad has a MARTHA! Moment lol

• hoban95

Yeah he is a great batman still a poor movie though. I wonder if suicide squad has a MARTHA! Moment lol

I didn't mind the Martha comment at first, then i watched it back...
  • XxRichiexRichxX
    Lmao. That Martha moment, made me consider getting up and walking out. Just sayin. I loved Bens batman, but I didn't like the movie.

But on Suicide Squad, it's not even like I'm seeing mixed reviews, they've all been bad...I'm still going to check it out, but I've already accepted the outcome. Hoping if wrong
  • XxRichiexRichxX
    edited August 2016
    here you go @LFC Simon 98

I went to go see it but had some unfortunate circumstances had me leave about 20 mins into it, luckily got a free pass for another movie so i plan on going back this weekend to watch it.

My stepdad who I went with to see it, who's really big on comic books and even used to own a comic book store, probably a bigger movie critic than me, said it was pretty good. He was it was definitely better than the critics made it out to be, said it was much better than BvS. I asked him to compare to BvS because me and him shared a similar opinion on BvS in that we didn't think it was good.

I will say, in the scenes that I saw of Joker, I wasn't a big fan. I love Leto as an actor, and I'm not going in with the mindset of "he'll never be better than Ledger" or anything like that, I always go in open minded, I just felt like he was trying too hard and forcing it a bit. Margot Robbie seemed to be an incredible Harley Quinn as I expected
  • krakos000
    17446 posts World Class
    here you go @LFC Simon 98

I went to go see it but had some unfortunate circumstances had me leave about 20 mins into it, luckily got a free pass for another movie so i plan on going back this weekend to watch it.

My stepdad who I went with to see it, who's really big on comic books and even used to own a comic book store, probably a bigger movie critic than me, said it was pretty good. He was it was definitely better than the critics made it out to be, said it was much better than BvS. I asked him to compare to BvS because me and him shared a similar opinion on BvS in that we didn't think it was good.

I loved the movie. The only gripe I have with it is the pacing and editing of the first 3rd. Felt kind of choppy and weird but as it settled in, it got better. Joker, Harley, Deadshot and Enchantress made it for me. The action was awesome. Sucks that some of the characters took a back seat but if anyone knows the Suicide Squad comics, it's nothing new. Shoot some in the comics straight up die and that's what they're there for haha. Overall very enjoyable movie and the acting/characters made the weird editing tolerable.