Ibra....how to get the best out of him

Addicksfan
3382 posts National Call-Up
As the title suggests I am struggling to get the best out of Ibra (91 rated).

I had him as the middle CAM in 4-2-3-1 Narrow formation. He feels too slow and cumbersome and is always getting closed down, I'm not forcing the ball to him all the time...

Ben Yedder is my striker and I love this little dude....feels like a player that costs +500K so he's staying at striker.

I don't mind changing formation to accommodate the two of them

So....how do I get the best out of him?

Comments

• deltsbrah
    541 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Get him close to the box and do that annoying spin turn which is impossible to defend .
  • Wonderfulwest
    5134 posts Big Money Move
    LT-RT is almost unstoppable when used correctly with Zlatan. Also use him as a target man to build up play and I find his long shots are a goal or a corner everytime. And inside the box it's a certain goal
  • xBFCx
    704 posts Semi-Pro
    Even his not so great shots get parried away.
  • DoD_Jester
    27288 posts Player of the Year
    LT-RT is almost unstoppable when used correctly with Zlatan. Also use him as a target man to build up play and I find his long shots are a goal or a corner everytime. And inside the box it's a certain goal
    this, hes basically unstoppable if you have just a little patience to position him correctly
  • Hujaber
    4842 posts Big Money Move
    this, hes basically unstoppable if you have just a little patience to position him correctly

dunno why his motm drift wide a lot
  • Shonosuke
    1507 posts Fans' Favourite
    Hujaber wrote: »

dunno why his motm drift wide a lot

All his versions do that, he only works for me in 433 as CF/CAM/ST, anything else and he is a glorified winger/wide cam.

Anyway OP try a 433 with him as CAM, he plays like a second striker this way but stays central
  • Addicksfan
    3382 posts National Call-Up
    Thanks for the tips chaps, going to change to a 433 and see what happens..
  • Benjog88
    1590 posts Play-Off Hero
    What you need to do is, go to the squad screen, press x on him, pick list on market, sell him, then use the funds to buy Kluivert, problem solved
  • scalaneopt
    940 posts Professional
    Benjog88 wrote: »
    What you need to do is, go to the squad screen, press x on him, pick list on market, sell him, then use the funds to buy Kluivert, problem solved
    That's like selling a ferrari to buy a fiat punto. Kidding... But Ibra is better if you know how to use it.

• Shonosuke
    1507 posts Fans' Favourite
    scalaneopt wrote: »
    Benjog88 wrote: »
    That's like selling a ferrari to buy a fiat punto. Kidding... But Ibra is better if you know how to use it.

Should give SIF Lewandowski a try, I had him as ST and Ibra as CAM and he was much better
  • rblue
    3172 posts National Call-Up
    ST. Turn, skill, dribble, shoot
  • Rinoa
    997 posts Professional
    Play him CAM in 41212. The default Cam in 4231 is further back compared to 41212. Also se him to free roam and stay forward and he always stays up the pitch. I play him at CAM 41212 over 100 goals with him and I have tried 4231 and it didnt work as well.