Invert strikers or not?

Orikoru
10712 posts Has That Special Something
When using a right-footed/left-footed strike partnership, do you have them on inverted sides or on their strong side on this game?

I'm thinking inverted sides is obviously good for the finesse shot to the far post finish which normally works well. However, one of my strikers is Dybala with 2* weak foot, so I don't know if inverting him might mean he gets stuck on his right foot more often. What do you guys prefer?

Comments

• Stell4r
    514 posts Sunday League Hero
    i think mainly the same but this year for me, finesse to the near post it seems that i have more chances. i think is more to your play style, if you shoot near post more often or not.
  • Johnny Bravo
    1302 posts Professional
    With strikers and CB's I prefer to have their strong foot towards the inside (centre of the pitch if that makes sense) as I always find strikers more dangerous cutting towards goal rather than going on the outside of a CB.

If they try to run outside the defender then the defender usually has to run back towards goal putting his strong foot on the same side as the ball.

Generally with strikers though I aim for 4* weak foot at least. 3* at a push but I become concious of how I use their weak foot in the match.

Hated most 2* weak foot players I've tried like Sturridge :confounded:
  • PezMan123
    859 posts An Exciting Prospect
    i find it harder to cut in.

find it alot easier to keep left on left and right on right and near post finesse if the keeper comes out, if he dont come out, smash it far top corner.
  • Orikoru
    With strikers and CB's I prefer to have their strong foot towards the inside (centre of the pitch if that makes sense) as I always find strikers more dangerous cutting towards goal rather than going on the outside of a CB.

If they try to run outside the defender then the defender usually has to run back towards goal putting his strong foot on the same side as the ball.

Generally with strikers though I aim for 4* weak foot at least. 3* at a push but I become concious of how I use their weak foot in the match.

Hated most 2* weak foot players I've tried like Sturridge :confounded:

Yeah, I was put off Dybala for ages because of his weak foot, but I kinda ran out of other options in my team, and he's been really good for me since I put him in.
  • Dare to Benteke
    287 posts Sunday League Hero
    I like to invert them if I have a righty and lefty...dybala is an exception to the 2* weak foot...
  • IKE_P_H
    1158 posts Professional
    I always invert them. That doesn't mean that I would always cut inside though. A power shot in the short side generally does the trick
  • Orikoru
    More people seem to be going for inverted, so I think I'm going to give that a go. Although the other day Dybala scored me two goals from the right striker position when he was supposed to be playing on the left side, so maybe it doesn't matter which way round you put them anyway!