Time influences the game?

MarcovdH
999 posts Professional
So the last few weeks I have been playing at different times a day,

I live in The Netherlands so my time zone is GMT +1,

I noticed that games played:

Between 8 AM & 2 PM are relatively easy to win.
Between 24-6P M are medium.
After 6 PM are hard to win.

So my question would be, does anyone else notice this difference aswell?

The last few days I have only played in the morning, as I don't have school at mornings very often, and I managed to win 16 games in a row (Online season), got promoted to Division 5 and if I win 2 of the 4 next games I'll get promoted to Div 4. While when I played at the evening I keep losing or playing draws.

Comments

• Scottish21
    2236 posts Fans' Favourite
    Only time I've noticed a big difference is around 3am-6am uk. Mostly easy games. Every other time of the day just feels the same to me and it doesn't standout.
  • slickus
    2763 posts Fans' Favourite
    Won division 1 in 14
    Christmas day lol :(
  • heavymcd
    10068 posts Has That Special Something
    I've noticed it. Games in the afternoon (US, pacific) are easier than games late in the evening (10PM or later).

Makes sense, you're more likely to be matched up to geographically close matches (so in N America for me) due to ping/lag. And in general the kind of person up between 10PM and 2AM (coast to coast) playing FIFA probably plays a bit of FIFA. Seems you'd be much more likely to be matched up with higher level players during those off-peak hours.
  • Baznotsobad76
    5063 posts Big Money Move
    I reckon I struggle more late at night UK time.... But then I've usually had a few beers so that should be taken in to consideration...
  • MarcovdH
    999 posts Professional
    Indeed I am glad I'm not the only one @Scottish21 @slickus @heavymcd @Baznotsobad76 ,

I'll try to play as few games as possible at night time hahah :P
  • Baznotsobad76
    5063 posts Big Money Move
    I do qctuall find that I seem to win more when I play after working a night shift.. So 9am UK time.. Especially at the weekend... I guess I'm probably playing against little kids at that time... :smiley:
  • MarcovdH
    999 posts Professional
    I do qctuall find that I seem to win more when I play after working a night shift.. So 9am UK time.. Especially at the weekend... I guess I'm probably playing against little kids at that time... :smiley:

Yeah excactly, I notice the same thing haha I play around the same time.