Chelsea Football Club

Comments

  • SimenHP
    5135 posts Big Money Move
    VVD4 wrote: »
    Lukaku was the biggest mistake, imo. He just does not fit and he is simply not consistent enough, nor good enough. £100m and he has scored/assisted 5 PL goals in 15 appearances. It is flabbergasting. Firmino is a player who is largely considered to be near "finished" level amongst a lot of Liverpool fans and he has 7 PL goals/assists in 485 minutes less than Lukaku. Arsenal have players they spent nothing on from their academy producing comfortably more than Lukaku.

    Honestly, if this was happening to us, I'd be screaming for us to let him go back to Inter this month.

    Can't really compare. Liverpools attack beside him is 10x what we have. I'm not saying Lukaku have been a success and tbf before we signed him I said I prefered Martinez, Vlahović or Haaland ahead of him. But Lukaku would probably be on atleast 10 assist/goals at Liverpool because of Mane and especially Salah.
  • Cyodine
    5379 posts Big Money Move
    prediction: We easily achieve 3rd and give Liverpool a strong run for the 2nd position in the league; League cup and CWC trophies with a CL+FA Cup semi-final finish

    At your current rate, you'll be fending off whichever team locks down 4th place and has a go for 3rd, which will most likely be Spurs.
  • SimenHP
    5135 posts Big Money Move
    Cyodine wrote: »
    prediction: We easily achieve 3rd and give Liverpool a strong run for the 2nd position in the league; League cup and CWC trophies with a CL+FA Cup semi-final finish

    At your current rate, you'll be fending off whichever team locks down 4th place and has a go for 3rd, which will most likely be Spurs.

    It's just a bad spell, we will obviously be back in form in a few weeks. It's the same every year in January for Chelsea.
  • VVD4
    4971 posts National Call-Up
    edited January 20
    SimenHP wrote: »
    VVD4 wrote: »
    Lukaku was the biggest mistake, imo. He just does not fit and he is simply not consistent enough, nor good enough. £100m and he has scored/assisted 5 PL goals in 15 appearances. It is flabbergasting. Firmino is a player who is largely considered to be near "finished" level amongst a lot of Liverpool fans and he has 7 PL goals/assists in 485 minutes less than Lukaku. Arsenal have players they spent nothing on from their academy producing comfortably more than Lukaku.

    Honestly, if this was happening to us, I'd be screaming for us to let him go back to Inter this month.

    Can't really compare. Liverpools attack beside him is 10x what we have. I'm not saying Lukaku have been a success and tbf before we signed him I said I prefered Martinez, Vlahović or Haaland ahead of him. But Lukaku would probably be on atleast 10 assist/goals at Liverpool because of Mane and especially Salah.

    Nice hindsight. That's not what people were saying when he signed. He was going to bully the PL and Chelsea's group of attackers was deemed better than Liverpool's, so yes it can be compared.
  • Efrenc90
    1350 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited January 20
    WryLucky wrote: »
    Until we have some decent wingbacks I don't see much changing.

    So obviously we don’t have good wing backs at the moment so it’s time for Tuchel to make changes in his squad. He needs to try something different since what he’s been trying has not been working in the last 6 games. Maybe it’s time for him to start playing a 433 or a 4231. Something with more middles that will allow the wingers to stay up And create attack for lukaku and Werner. We have plenty of middles let’s start using them
  • Shshj
    11815 posts Has That Special Something
    edited January 20
    Tuchel does to mix things up in attack, although I doubt anything will suddenly click into place. We should at least give everyone a chance to disappoint.

    No system change helps our fullbacks though. They’re so important in football, Walker & Cancelo, Robertson & Trent, James & Chilwell, all crucial to their team’s success.

    You can probably get by without one, but we’ve lost both and the drop off in quality to Azpi & Alonso is monumental.

    Fortunately it seems like Reece will be back for the CL run-in, but if we can’t stay fit then we won’t achieve anything of consequence this year.
  • Shshj
    11815 posts Has That Special Something
    I guess that’s that for Emerson then.

    Rubbish from the club. Chilwell’s been out since November, we knew we needed a LB this month. Now it’s looking like we’re not going to get one.

  • WryLucky
    6084 posts Big Money Move
    Bored has been absolutely useless when it comes to backing Tuchel.
  • Stlducks
    8788 posts League Winner
    WryLucky wrote: »
    Bored has been absolutely useless when it comes to backing Tuchel.

    In the boards defense Tuchel walked into a team that just made 7 important signings and then they signed Lukaku for him. It’s not like he’s been working with nothing.

    Injuries hurt but you can’t just sign players for a temporary fix.
  • Shshj
    11815 posts Has That Special Something
    edited January 22
    It’s frustrating because there’s been two good wing-backs on the market this month (Adama & Digne).

    We need options on both sides as Alonso’s ❤️❤️❤️❤️ and Azpilicueta’s struggling & looks to be leaving anyway. They’re two positions that we’ll have to look at in the summer regardless.

    Instead, we’ve seemingly spent the month trying to pull Emerson back from loan just to be mugged off by Lyon.

    It’s poor squad management & complacency setting in again.
  • WryLucky
    6084 posts Big Money Move
    edited January 22
    Stlducks wrote: »
    WryLucky wrote: »
    Bored has been absolutely useless when it comes to backing Tuchel.

    In the boards defense Tuchel walked into a team that just made 7 important signings and then they signed Lukaku for him. It’s not like he’s been working with nothing.

    Injuries hurt but you can’t just sign players for a temporary fix.

    But it's not someone Tuchel suggested to the board, he wanted to wing backs in the summer and they didn't get any for him. You can't just keep buying players for different mangers and expecting them to work.

    And if the board would stop putting such stupid price tags on some of our players Alonso would have been sold already.
  • Ibte10
    2647 posts Fans' Favourite
    I can’t believe that we tried pretty much the whole month to try and get our own player back from loan. There are other names other that could have been looked at like Tagliafico and Dest was somebody else we were linked with. Really poor planning by the club considering they knew Chilwell was out for the season and Alonso hasn’t looked great.
  • WryLucky
    6084 posts Big Money Move
    edited January 23
    Tuchel must be as fed up of Alonso as most Chelsea fans.
  • Shshj
    11815 posts Has That Special Something
    Tuchel’s put himself in the firing line with that attack, the exact same one that struggled against Brighton, I wanted to Havertz come back in.

    Spurs team is… interesting.
  • WryLucky
    6084 posts Big Money Move
    Don't remember when we last used a 433.
  • CFCsjmishra
    9274 posts League Winner
    Mount looks like some player from the 80s. It's the hairstyle
  • SimenHP
    5135 posts Big Money Move
    CHO is like a WISH.com version of Salah. He is supposed to have the speed and dribbling, but in reality, he has neither.
  • WryLucky
    6084 posts Big Money Move
    edited January 23
    That should have been a goal for Spurs, I would be livid if that happened against me.

    Edit: On second thought
  • Shshj
    11815 posts Has That Special Something
    Not sure how many times I need to watch this Chelsea side to know that Jorginho cannot play as the DM in front of a back four.
  • Efrenc90
    1350 posts Play-Off Hero
    Shshj wrote: »
    Not sure how many times I need to watch this Chelsea side to know that Jorginho cannot play as the DM in front of a back four.
    Hasn’t been bad today
  • Shshj
    11815 posts Has That Special Something
    Efrenc90 wrote: »
    Shshj wrote: »
    Not sure how many times I need to watch this Chelsea side to know that Jorginho cannot play as the DM in front of a back four.
    Hasn’t been bad today

    He’s been beaten by Bergwijn on the counter twice in horrendous fashion.

    The guy just isn’t a DM, it’s why he needs the extra protection.
  • Ibte10
    2647 posts Fans' Favourite
    Lukaku has been really poor again. He needs to get contact on those chances.
  • Efrenc90
    1350 posts Play-Off Hero
    Ibte10 wrote: »
    Lukaku has been really poor again. He needs to get contact on those chances.

    I would like to see Werner and havertz come in
  • Cyodine
    5379 posts Big Money Move
    Efrenc90 wrote: »
    Ibte10 wrote: »
    Lukaku has been really poor again. He needs to get contact on those chances.

    I would like to see Werner and havertz come in

    Why? For further disappointment?
  • WryLucky
    6084 posts Big Money Move
    Great finish that
  • CFCsjmishra
    9274 posts League Winner
    Oh ya my boy Ziyech
  • Shshj
    11815 posts Has That Special Something
    It’s a SCREAMERRRR
  • ViVaWho
    356 posts Sunday League Hero
    that is brilliant
  • Ibte10
    2647 posts Fans' Favourite
    Oh my, that is the Ziyech we want to see
  • G000ner
    8064 posts League Winner
    Ziyech has some left foot doesn't he. Goal of the season for me
Sign In or Register to comment.