Chelsea Football Club

Comments

• Ibte10
    2277 posts Fans' Favourite
    SimenHP wrote: »
    Shshj wrote: »

Weird that Lampard think that a 22 year old should be a captain. Kurt or Andreas would make a lot more sense

Age doesn't mean anything. If you are a leader, then you should be captain regardless of age. I like Mount getting captaincy for this game, he has been our best player this season and always puts 100% effort in. Future permanent captain for sure.
  • Ibte10
    Good to see us change formation. A lot of us have have wanted us to go two upfront and even though it is Luton, it is working well so far.
  • Shshj
    6102 posts Big Money Move
    I find the Mount hate really weird, it's all over Twitter sometimes.

We've waited years for academy products to breach the first team. He's not the most gifted player on the planet, but he's probably be our best performer this season and can play a huge part in our future. Support him.
  • WryLucky
    3604 posts National Call-Up
    If Kepa left his leg in the same place it wouldn't have went in, what's he doing....
  • Shshj
    Kepa....
  • Ibte10
    We are aren’t doing great in the league, but it would be even worse if Kepa started games.
  • SimenHP
    3098 posts National Call-Up
    Ibte10 wrote: »

Weird that Lampard think that a 22 year old should be a captain. Kurt or Andreas would make a lot more sense

Age doesn't mean anything. If you are a leader, then you should be captain regardless of age. I like Mount getting captaincy for this game, he has been our best player this season and always puts 100% effort in. Future permanent captain for sure.

But is he a leader though? I like Mount, but never thought of him as someone who can push the rest of the team to go that extra mile.
  • Ibte10
    Ibte10 wrote: »

But is he a leader though? I like Mount, but never thought of him as someone who can push the rest of the team to go that extra mile.

I think so. I look our squad and aside from our current captains Azpi and Thiago Silva, I don’t see a leader really. Against Leicester Mount was pretty much the only player pressing and trying. There was a moment in the game he had a go at our players for their lack of effort. He has the performances, he can raise his voice, and he is a astute learner. I think those are attributes for captaincy and Mount has it.
  • WryLucky
    Good save from Kepa, don't know what Reece was doing there
  • WryLucky
    Good play that, CHO looks a lot better than Pulisic right now. I hope we can start him on the left...
  • Ibte10
    Hatrick for Tammy! Good performance by him.
  • Ibte10
    WryLucky wrote: »
    Good play that, CHO looks a lot better than Pulisic right now. I hope we can start him on the left...

Pulisic doesn’t look the same this season. He is losing the ball more often and he lacks that cutting edge that he had last season. CHO should be ahead of him now on merit.
  • WryLucky
    Werner is not going to get his confidence anytime soon..
  • Ibte10
    Gutting for Werner. The penalty was the perfect opportunity to get that goal to give him some confidence.
  • Shshj
    He looks completely broken. We have another Torres on our hands.
  • El_Nino
    7122 posts Big Money Move
    Disagree with the Werner comments, he’s clearly bottom of the barrel on confidence, but he hasn’t lost anything, he’s the same player, sooner or later he’ll score a couple of goals and it’ll all be fine, quite possibly the new manager will be a big positive for him too, depending who it is.

So happy to see Mount Captain, absolutely deserved, probably my favourite current Chelsea player.
  • Ahmer50x
    27171 posts Player of the Year
    He looks completely broken. We have another Torres on our hands.

With Torres, there were injuries and aging and all sorts of things that explained his decline.

There's no explanation for Werner atm so its all mental IMO. Once he scores 2 matches back to back, he'll be who you thought he was.
  • Shshj
  • Sercs
    19964 posts Club Captain
    Lamps is gone, Tuchel will be confirmed shortly.

Big day, good choice for Chelsea fans.
  • Ahmer50x
    edited January 25

Confirmed also by Matt Law, Sky Germany and The Athletic.
  • Sercs
    19964 posts Club Captain
    Ruthless but probably the right choice.
  • Ahmer50x

I don't rate this hire personally. He'll improve you on the pitch, he'll get more out of the squad and the signings, but I don't see Tuchel as a threat to win the league with you. He'll fall out with Marina and Roman before he gets within sniffing distance of a Premier League title IMO :joy:
  • Shshj
    Can't have any complaints based on recent performances, we've been awful for a while and there was absolutely no signs Frank was capable of turning things around.

And as usual there will probably be more too it than any of us know;

• Ahmer50x

Tuchel not even the first choice then :joy:
  • WryLucky
    Yay... Tuchel... I guess I'll enjoy him for year and a half until he starts fighting with everyone.
  • Shshj
  • WryLucky

Even the board know what's going to happen lmao.
  • Kman
    3520 posts National Call-Up
    We he come in and keep starting Mount?
  • Shshj
    The reasons why Frank was sacked, from The Athletic;

Lampard’s relationship with influential director Marina Granovskaia deteriorated

Ralf Rangnick was offered interim job last week for four months but turned it down

Calls were made in recent weeks to sound out Leipzig’s Julian Nagelsmann before deal was struck with Thomas Tuchel

Leicester game was tipping point and morning after spent trying to finalise successor

Lampard shook players’ hands and thanked them for efforts under him after Leicester match

Petr Cech involved in talking to new stars’ agents as form dipped

Some players complained about lack of tactical instruction and not being spoken to for months

Desire to re-sign Declan Rice annoyed his bosses

The dressing room felt manager showed no empathy and were hurt by his public criticism

Lampard would have walked out had he been working for any club other than Chelsea