• SimenHP
    2961 posts National Call-Up
    Haha that save from Mendy :lol:
  • SimenHP
    Deserved tbf, pretty bad performance today
  • SimenHP
    Great header, but what is happening with Werner?
  • Ibte10
    2197 posts Fans' Favourite
    Giroud!
  • WryLucky
    3444 posts National Call-Up
    Werner needs a break, thank you Giroud.
  • Stlducks
    4376 posts National Call-Up
    Maybe this will get Giroud more playing time finally
  • Ibte10
    Werner messing up with his shooting the past couple of games. Ziyech always finds a way though.
  • WryLucky
    Really poor performance, but at least we won.
  • Ibte10
    Not a great performance, but an important win. Through to the KO rounds now.
  • WryLucky
    Last season these were the kind of games we failed to get something out of, I'm glad we can grind out a result.
  • Pietu
    7925 posts League Winner
    So should I transfer Werner out? What do you guys think
  • WryLucky
    Pietu wrote: »
    So should I transfer Werner out? What do you guys think

Probably yes... Although, it would be more of a problem if he wasn't constantly putting himself into these good positions to score. It'll be a risk.
  • Snugglebites
    2189 posts Fans' Favourite
    This is nothing new from Werner.
  • El_Nino
    6934 posts Big Money Move
    Werner will inevitably start scoring, he’s getting into great positions time and time again, plus from what I know of him he’s never been a super elite/consistent finisher so it’s nothing to worry about imo.
  • G000ner
    5593 posts Big Money Move
    Werner has 5 goals in his last 6 games for Chelsea. Am I missing something?
  • El_Nino
    G000ner wrote: »
    Werner has 5 goals in his last 6 games for Chelsea. Am I missing something?

Just that he’s missed 3 absolute sitters in the last two games and not scored in either. It’s obviously no issue really, but he has missed some massive chances in the last two, which would have caused much bigger issues against better opposition.
  • Stlducks
    4376 posts National Call-Up
    Don’t worry, Chelsea players have a habit of breaking out against Spurs. I remember Hazard had a mini drought then went off one year, Willian, Alonso and Pedro were the other three in recent years who fans said should be benched for playing so bad then they all popped up with great performances.

I expect Werner to do the same.
  • Shshj
    5653 posts Big Money Move
    Werner's wasteful but the fact he's still scoring and contributing heavily within the attack is a very good sign. 8 goals in 13 games is still a tidy return for a new signing.

This is also where everyone else comes in. In the past we've heavily relied on the likes of Costa and Hazard to take our chances whereas now we have 3/4 goalscoring threats depending on the lineup. We may not have one prolific goalscorer who notches 30+ over the season, but we have multiple players who can contribute.
  • El_Nino
    The other thing to factor in is Werner has had the ball in the net in both the last two games, just poor luck that the chances he finished happened to be the offside ones
  • Ibte10
    I agree with the above views. Werner will miss some chances, but his brilliant movement will mean he will get many chances to score. He has been poor in front goal the past two games, but nothing to worry about.
  • El_Nino
    Shshj wrote: »

Makes sense, we clearly aren’t sure on Tomori yet, and while Zouma is looking really good at the moment, he needs to keep it up, and Silva has at best this and next season until he’s done.

Not sure who I would like really?
  • Shshj
    El_Nino wrote: »
    Shshj wrote: »

Makes sense, we clearly aren’t sure on Tomori yet, and while Zouma is looking really good at the moment, he needs to keep it up, and Silva has at best this and next season until he’s done.

Not sure who I would like really?

Upamecano, Konate, Gimenez and Kounde come to mind.
  • WryLucky
    So someone like Upamecano, although I think he makes too many mistakes to be put next to Zouma.
  • El_Nino
    Gimenez would be my pick out of those names mentioned. My only concern with a younger CB, would be if Zouma will be ready to partner a less experienced player, but I guess only time will tell; hopefully he keeps improving and learning next to Thiago.
  • Ashy
    13105 posts Has That Special Something
    edited November 2020
    Gimenez will be the no.1 target for you I think, but will he want to leave Atletico he seems to love the club and didn't he recently sign a new deal, release clause stands at €120m.

Kounde is another player with a long contract and has a €90m release clause, again seems Sevilla won't sell for much less than that, City tried in the summer and failed.

Maybe one of the Leipzig guys out of Upamecano and Konate however it seems Upa is destined to leave in the summer for that release clause and I can't see Leipzig selling both in the same window, they don't need money. Feel like Upamecano will probably go to a different club like PSG, Real Madrid, Bayern or Liverpool.

Skriniar seems like the most realistic one, they reportedly wanted €60m in the summer, would suit the PL imo and has that physical presence that you need.

Got other players like Pau Torres, Tapsoba and others but I don't think they fall under that 'experieced' category

• Snugglebites
    2189 posts Fans' Favourite
    Signing defenders from a Simeone team is always a gamble.
  • WryLucky
    Thoughts? I think it would be a amazing signing, can play LB, CB and CDM.
  • El_Nino
    WryLucky wrote: »
    Thoughts? I think it would be a amazing signing, can play LB, CB and CDM.

I understand Alaba’s reason for leaving is to play in midfield, if that’s true I’d have no interest in him, wouldn’t want him over Kante, wouldn’t want him further forward, prefer Chilwell at LB, so that only leaves CB, and I don’t think he wants to play there.

Good versatile player, depends what he wants as to if I’d want him or not.
  • Shshj
    Apparently his wage demands are also in the £300k+ region. I don't see us signing him.