Chelsea Football Club

Comments

• Ashy
    12570 posts Has That Special Something
    Who's the VAR ref?
  • Ashy
    12570 posts Has That Special Something
    The fact Azpi was in front of Maguire, Maguire couldn't defend the ball coming in legally so he had to do what he did to stop Azpi from jumping properly and head the ball on goal, then Maguire headed the ball clear. I'd love to have a proper answer why they thought it wasn't one after 3 seconds
  • Shshj
    5376 posts Big Money Move
    Should be Ziyech and Giroud, not Mount and Tammy. Come on Frank.
  • SimenHP
    2860 posts National Call-Up
    Havertz as a winger has to be the worst decision Lampard have done so far as a Chelsea manager
  • BondJame5Collins
    2640 posts Fans' Favourite
    SimenHP wrote: »
    Havertz as a winger has to be the worst decision Lampard have done so far as a Chelsea manager

You've signed two bums here, im sure of it.
  • SimenHP
    Shshj wrote: »
    Should be Ziyech and Giroud, not Mount and Tammy. Come on Frank.

Ziyech was the new signing I was most looking forward to seeing, but so far Lampard seems scared to use him
  • SimenHP
    edited October 24

Havertz is only good as a CF imo. I would love Werner as a Striker with Havertz as a 2nd striker where he plays a few meters behind Werner
  • BondJame5Collins

Havertz is only good as a CF imo. I would love Werner as a Striker with Havertz as a 2nd striker where he plays a few meters behind Werner

Problem with Werner is he doesn't suit your style. Only game he's done well in is Southampton and thats because they play that ridiculously high line. Only Liverpool and sometimes City do that.

Werner might have been good had you still had Cesc.

The way I see it:

Pulisic needs Giroud
    James needs Giroud
    Havertz needs Giroud

Werner doesn't really fit in, unless he can develop into a second striker but i don't think he's got the touch or vision to do that.
  • Shshj
    We have a GK again folks...
  • WryLucky
    3302 posts National Call-Up
    I'm so glad we have Mendy and not Kepa in goal, great save.
  • WryLucky
    With nothing really happening... I guess I'll give my MOTM to Mendy for those great saves, and Thiago Silva was pretty good too. Looked calm and composed with everything he did and he made that important block on Cavani.
  • SimenHP

Problem with Werner is he doesn't suit your style. Only game he's done well in is Southampton and thats because they play that ridiculously high line. Only Liverpool and sometimes City do that.

The way I see it:

Pulisic needs Giroud
    James needs Giroud
    Havertz needs Giroud

Werner doesn't really fit in, unless he can develop into a second striker but i don't think he's got the touch or vision to do that.

Which is why we desperately need Ziyech in the team
  • Shshj
    Not a bad result but not a great one either. Attack looked stifled but it's clear Frank came with a defensive game plan.

Expecting to see some improvement against Krasnodar.
  • Ibte10
    2131 posts Fans' Favourite
    Mendy was superb aside from that little blunder at the start. We would have lost with Kepa.
  • El_Nino
    6711 posts Big Money Move
    Got to critique Lampard for the choices again. It’s a dull 0-0 because of the three atb. Should have been a 4231 imo, Havertz and Werner look far more comfortable in those roles, and Ziyech on the right will give us the creativity we missed today.

Lampard really needs to start getting things right.
  • WryLucky
    edited October 24
    I don't think either team were interested in trying to hard too win that game.
  • El_Nino

The way I see it:

Pulisic needs Giroud
    James needs Giroud
    Havertz needs Giroud

It’s a very reactionary take tbh.

Werner has looked very bright in other games, and Havertz has looked good whenever he’s played centrally.

4231 with Ziyechs creativity and there’s a good chance Werner and Havertz will both look very good. Only time will tell if Lampard can get the best out of everyone though.
  • Shshj
    Lampard came for a point today. It's been a poor start to the season and a loss today could have been catastrophic for him.

Things need to improve though. It's clear he still doesn't know who our best Xi is.
  • BondJame5Collins
    El_Nino wrote: »

The way I see it:

Pulisic needs Giroud
    James needs Giroud
    Havertz needs Giroud

It’s a very reactionary take tbh.

Werner has looked very bright in other games, and Havertz has looked good whenever he’s played centrally.

4231 with Ziyechs creativity and there’s a good chance Werner and Havertz will both look very good. Only time will tell if Lampard can get the best out of everyone though.

It's not. I said it before the season started.
  • Shshj
    Werner has looked good all season, the couple of exceptions came when we was at LW and today, where he wasn't the right pick due to the defensive system.

Our attack has looked disjointed so far but that's to be expected, they're all brand new signings who have barely played 10 games for the club.
  • Rhodesia
    879 posts Semi-Pro
    edited October 24
    Chelsea should have been winning that comfortably with the money they've spent and the fact this is a dreadful United side. The fact Lampard felt he needed to be defensive is evidence to the fact even he knows he's out of his depth, and against a manager like Ole no less.
  • Stlducks
    3795 posts National Call-Up
    Got to critique Lampard for the choices again. It’s a dull 0-0 because of the three atb. Should have been a 4231 imo, Havertz and Werner look far more comfortable in those roles, and Ziyech on the right will give us the creativity we missed today.

Lampard really needs to start getting things right.

I feel like this has been said after every non-Chelsea win. He is constantly getting the subs and positions wrong.
  • Ahmer50x
    25800 posts Player of the Year

Didn't know that. That's pretty cool!
  • WryLucky
    Ahmer50x wrote: »

Didn't know that. That's pretty cool!

He reminds me a lot of Kante when he talks, one of those people who are really hard to hate.
  • Shshj
    Another top performance from Reece, really pleasing to see him now doing this week in, week out.

• Shshj
  • El_Nino
    Probably a show of his lack of faith in everyone at the moment.

My only complaint is the lack of opportunities for Tomori, he deserves a proper shot alongside Silva.
  • Shshj

My only complaint is the lack of opportunities for Tomori, he deserves a proper shot alongside Silva.

I'll be incredibly disappointed if Rudiger is given a chance before Tomori.
  • El_Nino
    Shshj wrote: »

I'll be incredibly disappointed if Rudiger is given a chance before Tomori.

Completely agree, I’m pretty disappointed Tomori isn’t being given more chance over Zouma atm; given how mistake ridden he’s been, but I do understand Zouma’s Ariel ability is a big thing.

Seeing Rudiger play ahead of Tomori would be insanity.
  • Ahmer50x
    25800 posts Player of the Year