2050 posts Fans' Favourite
    This defence man...
  • SimenHP
    2690 posts Fans' Favourite
    FINALLY. Not that Barkley is much better though :sweat_smile:
  • FUT_Moe
    1298 posts Professional
    edited September 14
    Does Barkley have Asthma? What is that puffer for?
  • SimenHP
    Pretty bad debut from Havertz so far. It seems like he need a few matches in PL before playing at his best
  • Teh Zombz
    4490 posts National Call-Up
    SimenHP wrote: »
    Pretty bad debut from Havertz so far. It seems like he need a few matches in PL before playing at his best

looks like he can't be bothered to play
  • Ahmer50x
    25066 posts Player of the Year
    edited September 14
    Been outplayed but taking home 3 points
  • SimenHP
    Ahmer50x wrote: »

Today it's okay, but playing like this when everyone are fit, then it will not be good enough
  • Stlducks
    3238 posts National Call-Up
    SimenHP wrote: »
    Ahmer50x wrote: »

Today it's okay, but playing like this when everyone are fit, then it will not be good enough

Chelsea are lucky today big time but will be perfectly fine in a few more games. Once players are fit and together, they will be much better. With that said, Liverpool next is a rough match to go into this early into the season.
  • El_Nino
    6409 posts Big Money Move
    Tough debut for Havertz, doesn’t look suited to RM/RAM, either CAM or RW are where he will find success for us I think, if today is a sign that we will be playing 4231 going forward then it stands to reason Havertz will play centrally once Ziyech returns.

• Wyojasond
    14918 posts Has That Special Something
    I actually think Havertz is gonna be the signing that struggles the most for you this year. Ultimately I think he’ll be fine and go onto a Hazard like career for Chelsea but I do think he’s gonna have a hard time kicking on this first year 🤷‍♂️
  • El_Nino
    edited September 14
    I actually think Havertz is gonna be the signing that struggles the most for you this year. Ultimately I think he’ll be fine and go onto a Hazard like career for Chelsea but I do think he’s gonna have a hard time kicking on this first year 🤷‍♂️

I agree he’ll likely struggle the most to adapt, he’s the youngest, and hasn’t played in the prem before, time to adapt is to be expected, hopefully he’ll look a lot better when in a central role.
  • WryLucky
    3038 posts National Call-Up
    Havertz should have been the false 9, it suits him more. Werner looked sharp. Kepa needs to be sent to the reserves.
  • arsenalap
    8465 posts League Winner
    Tbh Werner was very one dimensional and Havertz was rubbish.

Doesnt mean anything mind.
  • Stlducks

Not sure what Frank was thinking with that decision
  • ViVaWhom
    9378 posts League Winner
    havertz should have really played where RLC played

Havertz didnt have the best body language though
  • El_Nino
    My two cents:

Kepa(3/10) fine in general play, but as always let’s in a howler, Mendy will be welcomed straight into the number 1 spot.

James(8/10) great going forward in the second half, game winning goal and assist for the 3rd, quieter in the first half, and March had a good game down his side.

Zouma(8/10) good solid performance topped off with a goal(all be it lucky), happy to have him partner Silva.

Christeansen(6/10) didn’t do anything major wrong which is good by Chelsea standards of defence, nothing to keep Silva out.

Alonso(3/10) didn’t offer what I wanted going forward, and Lamptey had him on toast all night.

Kante(7/10) nothing special, covered ground, pressured a lot, typical Kante.

Jorginho(5/10) might seem harsh given an assist and goal, but honest his passing was awful in the first half, have the ball away what felt like a massive amount, clear downgrade on Kova.

Havertz(4/10) Tough night, he tried, but struggled to get involved, partly down to Lampard though, he doesn’t look like a RM.

RLC(3/10) another poor performance, we looked so much better the second Barkley came on, very worried he’ll never fulfill his potential at Chelsea.

Mount(7/10) same as Kante, covered a lot of ground, worked tirelessly, struggled to link up too well in attack but it’s the first game with two newbies an RLC playing awful.

Werner(7.5/10) won the penalty and did really well to do so; looked dangerous all night, I’m confident he’s a 20+ goal a season striker if he stays fit and has better service than tonight, wasn’t to be in getting a goal, but I blame the team more than him.

Lampard(5/10) his team got the win, but his line up was a poor one imo, Alonso got roasted by Lamptey, should have started Azpi, Havertz should have been at 10 from the get go, RLC should have come off way earlier, it was very clear h
  • BobbyBriggs
    87 posts Park Captain
    Haevertz this season's Nico Pepe?
  • El_Nino
    Wasn’t a good performance overall tonight, but you’ve got to remember that team is a long way from our starting XI:

Mendy
    James—Zouma—Silva—Chilwell
    Kante—Kovacic
    Ziyech—Havertz—Pulisic
    Werner

Thats 6 different players, and importantly Havertz as a 10 rather than a deep lying RM.

Tonight’s team was a vastly different Chelsea than should be expected in a few weeks time.
  • Snugglebites
    1922 posts Play-Off Hero
    ViVaWhom wrote: »
    havertz should have really played where RLC played

Havertz didnt have the best body language though

He never does. That's just how he is.
  • El_Nino
    Havertz seems Ozil esque, body language/German/ a natural central player that is underwhelming when forced out-wide.

Confident we will see a very different player at 10/false 9.
  • Ahmer50x
    25066 posts Player of the Year
    Haevertz this season's Nico Pepe?

Talent levels are incomparable. Havertz is truly one of the best young prospects in the world.

Pepe is a btec Zaha.
  • Stlducks
    El_Nino wrote: »
    Wasn’t a good performance overall tonight, but you’ve got to remember that team is a long way from our starting XI:

Mendy
    Kante—Kovacic
    Ziyech—Havertz—Pulisic
    Werner

Thats 6 different players, and importantly Havertz as a 10 rather than a deep lying RM.

Tonight’s team was a vastly different Chelsea than should be expected in a few weeks time.

That makes sense if Lampard doesn’t screw up and put Havertz wide. Even with the players available today, there was no reason to play Havertz as a RM.
  • El_Nino
    edited September 14
    Stlducks wrote: »
    El_Nino wrote: »

Mendy
    Kante—Kovacic
    Ziyech—Havertz—Pulisic
    Werner

That makes sense if Lampard doesn’t screw up and put Havertz wide. Even with the players available today, there was no reason to play Havertz as a RM.

I completely agree, start RLC wide, or start CHO wide, either way it’s clear Havertz needs to be central, it was a mistake from Lampard no doubt about it, In his defence(and credit to Brighton) he probably expected them to be a little deeper, which would have made Havertz job outwide a lot less defence focused, a mistake non the less from Lampard, doubt he’ll make it again though