Chelsea Football Club

Comments

• Ibte10
    1954 posts Play-Off Hero
    I’d back Burnley to get a point at least hopefully.
  • Ahmer50x
    23725 posts Club Captain
    El_Nino wrote: »
    Burnley/Sheff wins really would be just amazing.

Hoping Wolves and Sheffield United win myself.

Might be a minority view but I think United benefit from Wolves staying close rather than falling away. Gives you a proper challenge on the final day of the season rather than a dejected Wolves side just rolling over.
  • Shshj
    4943 posts National Call-Up
    Another woeful performance but a huge 3 points, that's all that matters now.

Now let's hope other teams do us a favour. I still think we'll need a point from our final two games to secure it.
  • El_Nino
    5732 posts Big Money Move
    If we’re lucky we can probably get away with losing the last two tbh.

If Burnley get atlesst a point tomorrow, we’ll be all good(ofc that’s a big if tho)
  • WryLucky
    2767 posts Fans' Favourite
    Hopefully Palace and Burnley will be their normal stubborn selves
  • Shshj
    That's nothing we didn't already know.

It seems like we're the only club going all out for him this summer and I can imagine CL football will play a part in his decision making.

If we don't clinch it then he'll probably be more willing to spend another year in Germany before moving to Bayern/Real. Hopefully we can exploit his contact situation to the maximum.
  • wth22
    11439 posts Has That Special Something
    Ahmer50x wrote: »
    Burnley/Sheff wins really would be just amazing.

Hoping Wolves and Sheffield United win myself.

Might be a minority view but I think United benefit from Wolves staying close rather than falling away. Gives you a proper challenge on the final day of the season rather than a dejected Wolves side just rolling over.

Agree, our destiny is in our hands anyway long term I'd prefer Wolves making it over Chelsea too.
  • Tornado31619
    21690 posts Club Captain
    Well that’s not happening anymore.
  • WryLucky
    Well that’s not happening anymore.

Maybe if you said how much you wanted us to get Top 4 Wolves would have won.
  • Shshj
    That's Wolves officially out of the picture.
  • Mackie17
    8496 posts League Winner
    Just need Leicester/United to drop points and we are sorted 🤞
  • El_Nino
    Lovely! That 96th minute has been kind to us of late 😂

Very happy with that, I actually recon we can now lose both games and it won’t matter! Hopefully we don’t, as you never know Leicester night unexpectedly get themselves together, but it seems unlikely!
  • WryLucky

Very happy with that, I actually recon we can now lose both games and it won’t matter! Hopefully we don’t, as you never know Leicester night unexpectedly get themselves together, but it seems unlikely!

Anything can happen, that one point would be amazing to just make sure.
  • El_Nino
    WryLucky wrote: »

Anything can happen, that one point would be amazing to just make sure.

Technically both Leicester and United can make it to 66 still, so we actually do need 4 points for mathematically safety(especially with GD)

But I don’t see Leicester getting 4 points tbh, never mind 7!
  • Shshj
    This popped up again tonight. With all this talk of records this is one I can't ever see being broken.

• WryLucky
    Nah, that record won't be broken with the way football is now.
  • El_Nino
    I miss Hazard.

Just watching some of his highlights, just think of how well he could be doing in this current system as well.
  • Shshj
    I miss Hazard.

Just watching some of his highlights, just think of how well he could be doing in this current system as well.

Werner - Havertz
    Hazard - Kante - Kovacic - Ziyech

Imagine how good that would be under Lampard. It's a shame it took Hazard's departure for us to finally sign some other world-class players.
  • El_Nino
    Shshj wrote: »
    I miss Hazard.

Werner - Havertz
    Hazard - Kante - Kovacic - Ziyech

Imagine how good that would be under Lampard. It's a shame it took Hazard's departure for us to finally sign some other world-class players.

With the likes of Mount/Pulisic from the bench.
    That’s a title winning midfield/attack, if only Hazard would have stayed
  • Mackie17
    8496 posts League Winner
    I love eden but I think we had his best years
  • Shshj
    Mackie17 wrote: »
    I love eden but I think we had his best years

100%. Defenders kicked lumps out of him for years and he played through injuries. It was only a matter of time before that starts to take its toll.
  • El_Nino
    Maybe, I’m not sure about that though, really happy he’s winning a la liga title with Madrid! Even if it hasn’t been his best year.
  • Mackie17
    8496 posts League Winner
    Maybe, I’m not sure about that though, really happy he’s winning a la liga title with Madrid! Even if it hasn’t been his best year.

Barely managed 10 games hasnt he? You don't get long to prove yourself at madrid. He doesn't turn up next season he will be over 30 and they will be trying to flog him to anybody willing to pay the wages
  • El_Nino
    Mackie17 wrote: »

Barely managed 10 games hasnt he? You don't get long to prove yourself at madrid. He doesn't turn up next season he will be over 30 and they will be trying to flog him to anybody willing to pay the wages

A few more than that, but he’s struggled with injuries yeah, Madrid don’t appear the financial powerhouse they once were, plus a lot of there star players are aging, I think Hazard will get a fair shot for another couple of years yet
  • El_Nino
    Keep seeing us linked to Oblak(only through absolute trash sources) so it’s probably nothing, but what an ideal signing he would be, he’d be another big money one though no doubt.
  • Ahmer50x
    23725 posts Club Captain
    Keep seeing us linked to Oblak(only through absolute trash sources) so it’s probably nothing, but what an ideal signing he would be, he’d be another big money one though no doubt.

Think with the expenses associated with Chilwell and Havertz, you're likely looking at Kepa or Onana in net next season rather than someone as expensive as Oblak
  • El_Nino
    Ahmer50x wrote: »

Think with the expenses associated with Chilwell and Havertz, you're likely looking at Kepa or Onana in net next season rather than someone as expensive as Oblak

I’d probably agree, the dream would be Havertz/Tagliafico/Oblak
  • Mackie17
    8496 posts League Winner
    Leicester lineup looks weak

Morgan and Evans going to get stretched asf