Chelsea Football Club

Comments

• WryLucky
    2747 posts Fans' Favourite
    With our new signings we'll be putting 4 four past West Ham, nothing to worry about.
  • Shshj
    4924 posts National Call-Up
    We'll be considerably better than Arsenal, Spurs and Leicester. Probably on par with United while still one step back from City and Liverpool.

Top four will be easily achievable, I don't think anyone expects us to fight for the title just yet.
  • El_Nino
    5702 posts Big Money Move
    Shshj wrote: »
    We'll be considerably better than Arsenal, Spurs and Leicester. Probably on par with United while still one step back from City and Liverpool.

Top four will be easily achievable, I don't think anyone expects us to fight for the title just yet.

I think we’ll be a small step ahead of United, if we get a LB/Havertz, just because we have better depth. Admittedly that could change dependent on who we they sign.
  • TakeItSlow
    9360 posts League Winner
    edited July 9

I'd agree with this. If United get Sancho and a mid they're definitely on par with Chelsea. United would have a superior defence, midfields are equal and Chelsea only just edge the attack.

We need some serious work to stop you being considerably better than us and only one or two steps ahead.
  • WryLucky
    I'm just hoping Kante is back for the Liverpool match, he always plays well against them
  • El_Nino
    Shame for him, but frankly I think we’ll be better off with Jorginho starting anyway, offers more defensively particularly in that role.
  • Tornado31619
    21617 posts Club Captain
    WryLucky wrote: »
    With our new signings we'll be putting 4 four past West Ham, nothing to worry about.

And hopefully that’s in one of the cups rather than the league.
  • WryLucky
    I wonder how many points we would have with a decent goalkeeper.
  • Shshj

What I find most intriguing is the amount of absolute screamers we've conceded over the last couple of years.

I actually think a taller keeper would save some, Kepa doesn't get anywhere near them.
  • WryLucky

What I find most intriguing is the amount of absolute screamers we've conceded over the last couple of years.

I actually think a taller keeper would save some, Kepa doesn't get anywhere near them.

Yeah, I got annoyed with that against Palace. I don't know if we're just unlucky that teams get the perfect shot off against us or Kepa is not doing a good enough job saving them.
  • Shshj

Yeah, I got annoyed with that against Palace. I don't know if we're just unlucky that teams get the perfect shot off against us or Kepa is not doing a good enough job saving them.

It happens too often to be luck. Zaha's goal is a good example, it's a great hit and at full speed it looks like a screamer. Then you see the replay and it's far closer to Kepa than the far corner of the net. He should save it.
  • Shshj
    Good source. Can't help but feel we will sign a CB if he does leave.

• TakeItSlow
    9360 posts League Winner
    Julien Lauren's is a horrendous source
  • WryLucky
    He might change his mind if he starts the remaining games
  • El_Nino
    I expect him to stay, looks like he’ll start the remainder of the games I’d think, which should give him a boost.

As long as we get a decent enough fee I wouldn’t mind him leaving, but if nothing changes over the next 5/6 games I’d probably prefferance getting rid of Rudiger
  • Mackie17
    8467 posts League Winner
    Big game today 😬 with jorgi starting maybe RLC gets the nod for his physical presence (tho he's been very shy since the restart) over Barkley?

Think Rudi will be back in next to zouma aswell.

Hope the lads have got their heads sorted for this. No room for complacency
  • El_Nino
    Your spot on, massive massive game for us this, with Wolves/Liverpool to finish the season we have to be winning this and Norwich to give us the best chance heading into those games!

Kepa
    James—Zouma—?—Azpi
    Jorginho
    Barkley—Mount
    Willian—Tammy—Pulisic

That’s the team I’d go for personally, Girouds been good, but Tammy took his goal really well and I’d like to see him get a start, especially as it’s away from home, next week against Norwich will be Girouds game to start. No idea on CB, I wish Tomori was fit but he isn’t, so It’s a coin toss between Christeansen and Rudiger
  • WryLucky
    I would play Christensen just because you can't keep chopping and changing, you'll never develop a connection between your CBs otherwise. Just keep playing them together and hopefully they'll get more consistent together.
  • Tornado31619
    21617 posts Club Captain
    I’d play Christensen as well. :trollface:
  • Mackie17
    8467 posts League Winner
    That ones out of the left field never heard of him 😂 is he any good?
  • WryLucky
    I know nothing about him either, should of tried to steal Nick Pope...
  • Wyojasond
    14374 posts Has That Special Something
    I think Liverpool were linked with him for awhile as a backup for Alisson. Seems like a weird signing for that much money.
  • ViVaWhom
    8938 posts League Winner
    edited July 11
    hmm you think alonso will start next game?
  • WryLucky
    ViVaWhom wrote: »
    hmm you think alonso will start next game?

Unless someone injured I doubt it.