Chelsea Football Club

Comments

• WryLucky
    2467 posts Fans' Favourite
    Shshj wrote: »
    WryLucky wrote: »
    On a side note, I'm so glad Kante is playing at CDM again. It allows us to play more attacking midfielders beside him.

Gilmour's cameo is well worth a mention too.

City were far from their best but we really schooled their defence, Pulisic in particular. The amount of different options we'll have in midfield and attack next season is superb, everyone brings something different.

Very exciting times ahead.

Hoping to see Gilmour get a start in the FA cup, we're going to need to rotate some players anyway
  • Ibte10
    1912 posts Play-Off Hero
    Gilmour’s pass to Pedro was sublime B)

Looking forward to see more of that.
  • Tornado31619
    21124 posts Club Captain
    🤮
    chelsea-20-21-home-kit-6.jpg
  • ViVaWhom
    8736 posts League Winner
    hmmmm don't hate it tbh
  • WryLucky
    It's meh, never been a fan of Three's kits.
  • Mackie17
    8095 posts League Winner
    Just hate threes logo 🙃 would prefer AUTOGLASS in their Idgaf font
  • Shshj
    4767 posts National Call-Up
    Nice kit but the sponsor ruins it.
  • ViVaWhom
    8736 posts League Winner
  • Jboom98
    415 posts Sunday League Hero
    p204480.png
    Declan Rice is on Frank Lampard's radar 45m.
  • El_Nino
    5346 posts Big Money Move
    Jboom98 wrote: »
    p204480.png
    Declan Rice is on Frank Lampard's radar 45m.

‘On his radar’ definitely sounds like a BS Sun worthy headline.

I severely hope not anyway, I’d take him as Kante back up for say 20-25, wouldn’t want to pay more.
  • Mackie17
    8095 posts League Winner
    Supposedly looking to use him as a CB 😐

Don't think there's to much truth to it. Do like the idea of him coming home tho
  • Ahmer50x
    22916 posts Club Captain
    Probably prefer you winning over Leicester marginally just to prevent them from getting any momentum for the league. Plus we’ve got a good record vs you this season. Not a big preference but just prefer facing you 51-49.

Hopefully both teams go all out and it’s a good match
  • ViVaWhom
    8736 posts League Winner
    edited June 28
    so final 4 could be

Man utd
    Chelsea
    Arsenal
    Man City

its been awhile since we had a semi final line up without one real underdog (arsenal are pretty ❤️❤️❤️❤️ but they can up their game for big ones unless its City)
  • WryLucky
    Get in Barkley!
  • WryLucky
    Managed to rest a few players, didn't go to extra time and managed to get through. Good day
  • El_Nino
    Very good day, awful start and turned it around really well, great goal and impact from Barkley.

Pulisic had a fantastic game, looks like he could be a real star for the future.
  • Ahmer50x
    22916 posts Club Captain
    El_Nino wrote: »
    Very good day, awful start and turned it around really well, great goal and impact from Barkley.

Pulisic had a fantastic game, looks like he could be a real star for the future.

Pulisic is great. Been saying it since you signed him.

Pulisic/Ziyech/Werner is a better use of talent than Ziyech wide to fit in Mount IMO
  • WryLucky
    I think Lampard wants to play a 433

If we got Havertz, I wouldn't mind seeing something like this.

Pulisic - Werner - Havertz
    Mount - Kante - Ziyech
  • Shshj
    Credit where it's due, I was one of those who didn't think Azpilicueta had enough left in the tank to be of use during the early stages of the season - but since Christmas he's been steadily improving.

Now I'd argue that he's easily been one of our best performers since the restart.
  • WryLucky
    Credit where it's due, I was one of those who didn't think Azpilicueta had enough left in the tank to be of use during the early stages of the season - but since Christmas he's been steadily improving.

Now I'd argue that he's easily been one of our best performers since the restart.

Ol' Reliable
  • Ahmer50x
    22916 posts Club Captain

Matic the same for us. Feels like these veterans know to save energy for the business end of the season.
  • El_Nino
    Agreed @Ahmer50x Pulisic has been nothing but good this year, think he’s gone under the radar because he’s had injuries but he’s scored a lot for how much he’s played.

I think it’ll be a 433 next year, a combination of Werner/Tammy/Pulisic/Mount/Kova/Ziyech/Kante, one will miss out per game ofc, Havertz would be a fantastic signing, but admittedly with how good Pulisic is looking and Mounts potential, it’d be hard to make room for evrryone, should be more than do-able though.
  • Shshj
    Liverpool, Leicester, United and then City/Arsenal in the final.

Not the easiest run in :D
  • Tornado31619
    21124 posts Club Captain

Good thing that you won’t be needing to worry about that last match then :trollface:
  • El_Nino

Good thing that you won’t be needing to worry about that last match then :trollface:

But... it’s written in the stars.
  • Shshj
    On the subject of today's game, I really wasn't impressed by Chilwell once again. Admittedly I don't know his game very well, but the few times I have seen him play this season he's been very average.

He doesn't seem like the huge upgrade on Emerson/Alonso that we need. I really hope we don't get ripped off for him.
  • El_Nino
    On the subject of today's game, I really wasn't impressed by Chilwell once again. Admittedly I don't know his game very well, but the few times I have seen him play this season he's been very average.

He doesn't seem like the huge upgrade on Emerson/Alonso that we need. I really hope we don't get ripped off for him.

In his defense; it’s like saying Mount and Tammy look average if you watched a few games just before the break; the team was underperforming so the players struggle to stand out, same for Chillwell currently.

Don’t get me wrong I’d sooner us go for Tagliafico and save money tbh, however it isn’t fair to judge Chillwell on today.
  • Mackie17
    8095 posts League Winner
    We can do better than chillwell imo, if tag/telles are available they should be prioritized. We more than meet the HG quota. No need to pay the English tax