Chelsea Football Club

Comments

• Mackie17
    7386 posts League Winner
    Not at all, Kovacic, rudi, willian, Azpi has been a mainstay. I think he knows we need a mix of experience with the young ones. But we need those experienced players to be at the top of their game. ATM it's not really working out with Azpi/Alonso exposed so often
  • Pietu
    6172 posts Big Money Move
    Telles would be good for you, the age shouldn't be a concern
  • Tornado31619
    20576 posts Club Captain
    Surprised he remained at Porto for so long.
  • El_Nino
    4870 posts National Call-Up
    Ahmer50x wrote: »
    Telles will be 28 next season. Feels a little out of sync with Lampard's heavy youth focus thus far. You'll get maybe 3-4 years out of him and then he'll be washed up probably.

Would be incredibly stupid to only buy youngsters, always best to have a mix of experience and youth.
  • Ahmer50x
    22301 posts Club Captain
  • Mackie17
    7386 posts League Winner
    Some great moments and he put in a shift. And ❤️❤️❤️❤️ over spurs. Hero, but his return over the years has been poor in truth.
  • El_Nino
    4870 posts National Call-Up
    Happy to have had him at Chelsea, some good times, and he’s given plenty to the club.

If he wants a 3 years contract and can get that elsewhere good for him, I wouldn’t even want him on a two year contract tbh, so I’m okay with him leaving.
  • chokosc
    2869 posts Fans' Favourite
    This place is still alive??
  • WryLucky
    2212 posts Fans' Favourite
    Nothing to really talk about.
  • Tornado31619
    20576 posts Club Captain
    We’re all social distancing.
  • Shshj
    4573 posts National Call-Up
    That's a no brainer for me if true. We could probably get rid of Kepa for a similar fee.

If we could get both Telles and Onana for around £60m that would be great business.
  • Cyodine
    2233 posts Fans' Favourite
    Ahmer50x wrote: »

That's insanely cheap for a keeper of his quality, not mush risk involved in taking a gamble.
  • Mackie17
    7386 posts League Winner
    Take just about anyone over kepa tbh
  • Bob_Dylan
    20463 posts Club Captain
    Onana is great, would be some upgrade.
  • Shshj
    Onana
    James - Tomori - Zouma/Christensen - Telles

Two exciting additions that would represent good value. Would be a definite improvement upon our current defence.
  • Mackie17
    7386 posts League Winner
    Andreas has shown he isn't good enough imo. Doesn't have the composure for a top CB.
  • Ahmer50x
    22301 posts Club Captain
    Think you need a commanding CB in there next to Tomori. A leader to guide him and organize the back 4.

Similar to United splurging on Maguire last summer or Liverpool on VVD a few years back (just to avoid confusion, I'm not comparing those two in terms of level, just the role they play in their respective squads)
  • Mackie17
    7386 posts League Winner
    We all thought that would be Rudi but he hasn't looked the same since coming back from injury. It's not like he's lost his legs. The whole back line gets nervy. Imo it stems from the lack of confidence in kepa and kepas lack of dominance in the box. Gets flustered far too easy. There's a reason he's called flappy at the bridge
  • WryLucky
    2212 posts Fans' Favourite
    Mackie17 wrote: »
    We all thought that would be Rudi but he hasn't looked the same since coming back from injury. It's not like he's lost his legs. The whole back line gets nervy. Imo it stems from the lack of confidence in kepa and kepas lack of dominance in the box. Gets flustered far too easy. There's a reason he's called flappy at the bridge

If Kepa even comes out for the ball that is.
  • Mackie17
    7386 posts League Winner
    Exactly though. And when he does evetyone ❤️❤️❤️❤️ themselves as they know it's getting a soft palm to the far post
  • Ahmer50x
    22301 posts Club Captain
    edited April 20
    Having a keeper who has the faith of his backline will help, but it won't be enough IMO

Koulibaly is probably the ideal option and one of few on the market who meet the criteria
  • Mackie17
    7386 posts League Winner
    edited April 20
    De laurentis is such a ❤️❤️❤️❤️ I'd rather we gave Napoli a swerve after the hoops they had us jump for him last time
  • Kellnerr
    3422 posts National Call-Up
    Since Kante was injured quite a bit this season, how good actually are Jorginho and Kovacic in defence and how is their awareness? It's not only about the GK and defence, I remember us conceding goals because we had the likes of Gerrard and later Can in defensive midfield, on top of our bad back 5.
  • Low Ki
    12167 posts Has That Special Something
    Shshj wrote: »
    Onana

Two exciting additions that would represent good value. Would be a definite improvement upon our current defence.

I thought Telles was on the verge of heading to PSG.
  • Shshj
    Low Ki wrote: »
    Shshj wrote: »
    Onana

I thought Telles was on the verge of heading to PSG.

Yeah, seems like it's a done deal now. Disappointing but it's not the end of the world.

It also looks like United are going to win the race for Sancho. Again, disappointing news but I think it was always more of a hopeful signing rather than an actual expectation. It looks as though Coutinho is a very real alternative.
  • Mackie17
    7386 posts League Winner
    Coutinho adds nothing we don't have
  • Bob_Dylan
    20463 posts Club Captain
    Well that's just not true.
  • Shshj
    Mackie17 wrote: »
    Coutinho adds nothing we don't have

Not too keen on it either, I'm not sure why we need him now we have Ziyech. I'd only be interested if we can get a really good deal.
  • Mackie17
    7386 posts League Winner
    Bob_Dylan wrote: »
    Well that's just not true.

Stacked for CAMs, ziyech, RLC, Mount, Barkley all in contention for 1 spot.