The latest Title Update for FIFA 20 is now available on PC and includes the changes listed here.

Chelsea Football Club

Comments

• Ahmer50x
    22012 posts Club Captain
    Harsh to include Jorginho in that list.
  • WryLucky
    2171 posts Fans' Favourite
    Could throw a couple of others on that list
  • Shshj
    4542 posts National Call-Up
    Ahmer50x wrote: »
    Harsh to include Jorginho in that list.

He's a class above the other names and I do like him as a player but he usually goes missing during big games. Unfortunately I don't think he's cut out to be a lone DM when put up against other top midfielders.

It's a tough one but if we were offered good money, I think I'd take it (providing it's reinvested properly of course).
  • Shshj
    WryLucky wrote: »

Absolutely, both Giroud and Michy look certain to leave. If you want to look further afield then we also have Bakayoko, Drinkwater, Moses and Zappacosta out on loan. I don't think any of those have a future here.

It's going to be a massive summer for us.
  • Ahmer50x
    22012 posts Club Captain
    edited February 26
    Shshj wrote: »
    WryLucky wrote: »

Absolutely, both Giroud and Michy look certain to leave. If you want to look further afield then we also have Bakayoko, Drinkwater, Moses and Zappacosta out on loan. I don't think any of those have a future here.

It's going to be a massive summer for us.

Think that's true for all the traditionally big clubs apart from Liverpool tbh

City were rumored to want to sign 5 prior to the CL ban being announced, Jose will want to remake that team in his image, Arteta will need signings, and United are looking at 3-4 big pieces.
  • Shshj
    edited February 26
    That's very true. It'll be intriguing for sure, especially as each club has their own particular circumstances to work around.

I want to see us go big, Ziyech is a great start but we'll need far more than just him.

We've sat out for two windows and took the cautious approach prior to that, spending fair amounts on promising players instead of going all out for big acquisitions. Liverpool and City have demonstrated that you have to be ruthless in the market, they both bought world-class talent to solve problem positions and have reaped the rewards. I want to see us show true ambition by doing the same this summer.
  • El_Nino
    4407 posts National Call-Up
    edited February 27
    Tbh at this stage it’s easier to name the players who are safe apposed to the ones at risk. The only players I’d be genuinely bothered to lose would be James/Tomori/Rudiger/RLC/Kova/Mount/CHO/Pulisic/Tammy

Including Rudiger and RLC was even slightly generous given there recent injuries, but i would genuinly still be irritated for see either leave.

Outside of those I really wouldn’t be bothered as long as the money was re-invested how Lampard wants.

Tammy
    Pulisic—Ziyech—?
    Kova—?
    ?—Tomori/Christiansen—Rudiger—James
    ?

That’s the blanks that really need filling for me, feel harsh to drop Mount and depending how he finishes the season I might sooner see Ziyech wide and Mount starting, but this year he’s proven a little too raw.

I wouldn’t be apposed to bringing in someone experienced as an attacking Mid to allow Mount another year or two of learning before being a nailed on starter.
  • WryLucky
    Kind of want to see how RLC does when he comes back.
  • Shshj
    edited February 27
    I agree with those points and can get along with that XI. For me the dream players for those blanks would be Onana, Chilwell, Ndidi and Sancho - although I can respect the possibility of us signing all four of those is extremely unrealistic.

We're going to have to be reactive with departures too, who comes in if both Giroud and Michy leave?

It's also interesting to see you left Kante out, do you think we should cash in for a sizeable amount while we still can? I'm torn personally.
  • WryLucky
    I agree with those points and can get along with that XI. For me the dream players for those blanks would be Onana, Chilwell, Ndidi and Sancho - although I can respect the possibility of us signing all four of those is extremely unrealistic.

We're going to have to be reactive with departures too, who comes in if both Giroud and Michy leave?

It's also interesting to see you left Kante out, do you think we should cash in for a sizeable amount while we still can? I'm torn personally.

If someone gives us a large amount of money for Kante then he can leave. We owe him a little bit of time to get over his injuries.
  • El_Nino

If it’s still possible to get 100 or more for Kante he has to go imo. Don’t think he quote suits Lampard and isn’t getting younger, I feel bad saying that as I love him and he seems like a fantastic person, but as a footballer he’s probably worth more than he’s worth to us.

Onana and Sancho would be great, Chillwell I’m a little less convinced on but certainly wouldn’t complain, I’m hoping RLC finishes the season strong and puts his name in the hate to start alongside Kova, if not Ndidi is undoubtedly a great option.

Your right about being reactionary, nearly everyone that leaves needs a direct replacement, the ideals for Michy/Giroud are like for like players, one experienced striker just for depth and one real promising youngster would be my ideals. Honestly I’ve no idea who, I guess it depends who is avaliable.

• El_Nino
    ST: Tammy/Dembele/Mandzukic or Dzeko
    Wingers: Pulisic/CHO/Sancho/Boga
    Attacking Mids: Mount/Ziyech
    Central mids: Kova/RLC/Kante/Jorginho
    LB: Chillwell/Alonso(if we plan to use 3ATB abit)
    RB: James/?
    CB: Rudiger/Tomori/Christensen/Koulibaly
    GK: Onana/Cabalerro

Alonso id risk keeping as a back up fullback if we plan on using 3ATB semi regularly, if long term frank wants a consistent 4 then sell him and replace.

Sancho/Boga/Dembele/Koulibaly being my biggest targets based on that.

The likes of Jorginho/Kante can stay or go, if they go then use that money to replace them.
  • Pietu
    5956 posts Big Money Move
    What are the chances of Loftus-Cheek playing? Want someone from your midfield in FPL but don't know who to pick.
  • Ahmer50x
    22012 posts Club Captain
    edited February 28
  • Shshj
    Pietu wrote: »
    What are the chances of Loftus-Cheek playing? Want someone from your midfield in FPL but don't know who to pick.

There's no chance he starts, he might come off the bench for 10 minutes towards the end though. It's hard to say.
  • wth22
    11163 posts Has That Special Something
    Chelsea with Kanté: five wins in 16 games (31.3%)
    Chelsea without Kanté: eight wins in 11 games (72.7%)

Jesus christ. That's a massive difference. Wonder if you should cash in then.
  • Retro_G
    31969 posts National Team Captain
    wth22 wrote: »

Fred > Kante
  • Pietu
    Retro_G wrote: »

Fred > Kante

If this isn't reactionary then nothing is :lol:

Either that or trolling.
  • Ibte10
    1870 posts Play-Off Hero
    Ben Chilwell has been horrendous for Leicester for quite a few games now. I would prefer if we stay away from him.
  • Retro_G

Fred > Kante

Either that or trolling.

Look up the numbers, going by this season. Fred is levels above Kante per 90 min. They're both similar kinds of players, are the exact same height. Great at interceptions, putting pressure on opponents, winning the ball back. Fred being better in all of them area's this season. Kante is stronger on the ball, better at retaining possession while under pressure, that's the only area Fred needs to improve upon.

Fred doesn't get the credit he deserves, because of his slow start, the amount of time it took him to settle, Pep wanted him for a reason. Fred is our most consistent, improved midfielder this season and he is going from strength to strength.
  • Tornado31619
    20207 posts Club Captain
    Ibte10 wrote: »
    Ben Chilwell has been horrendous for Leicester for quite a few games now. I would prefer if we stay away from him.

Who plays instead? Shaw is too inconsistent and Williams is too raw.
  • Pietu

Fred > Kante

Either that or trolling.

Look up the numbers, going by this season. Fred is levels above Kante per 90 min. They're both similar kinds of players, are the exact same height. Great at interceptions, putting pressure on opponents, winning the ball back. Fred being better in all of them area's this season. Kante is stronger on the ball, better at retaining possession while under pressure, that's the only area Fred needs to improve upon.

Fred doesn't get the credit he deserves, because of his slow start, the amount of time it took him to settle, Pep wanted him for a reason. Fred is our most consistent, improved midfielder this season and he is going from strength to strength.

1 bald season firm Kante doesn't mean he is worse than Fred. May I remind you that some United fans called DDG the best GK in the world after he had a bad season. Not consistent at all, one is still the best after a full season of playing badly and one isn't the best anymore after 27 games.
  • Shshj
    There's no doubt Kante's lost form this year. We no longer have a tailor-made role for him in our starting 11 and (much like Hazard in Madrid), years of playing nearly every match of the season in such an explosive manner seems to be catching up with his body. I wouldn't actively try to sell him this summer, but if a club like PSG came in with a reasonable bid then I would certainly consider it.

Oh and I'm not even going to get started on this silly Kante vs Fred debate. One has been one of the best midfielders in the world for the last five years. The other arrived from Ukraine two years ago, was widely considered to be a flop last season and now that he's enjoying some success, mad comparisons like this start. United fans can't even decide whether he would start in their strongest XI.
  • wth22
    11163 posts Has That Special Something
    We'll take Kante and finally unlock Pogba
  • El_Nino
    We'll take Kante and finally unlock Pogba

I think a partner like Pogba is the only way Kante truly excels, chances on PSG selling Mbappe or Neymar and buying both? 😂
  • Retro_G

Fred > Kante

Either that or trolling.

1 bald season firm Kante doesn't mean he is worse than Fred. May I remind you that some United fans called DDG the best GK in the world after he had a bad season. Not consistent at all, one is still the best after a full season of playing badly and one isn't the best anymore after 27 games.

Read again, said "going by this season." I don't recall any United fans saying DDG was the best in the world, when he was having a poor season by his standards.
  • WryLucky
    Hard for Kante to do much when he's been struggling with injuries this season, needs a break.
  • Tornado31619
    20207 posts Club Captain
    Fred has been better than Kante this season, but that isn't hard given the latter's injuries. Kante is obviously the better player.
  • WryLucky
    I know Willian hasn't signed a contract but don't start Pedro ffs.
  • WryLucky
    Alonso should really try his hand at playing up front.