The latest Title Update for FIFA 20 is now available on PC and includes the changes listed here.

Chelsea Football Club

Comments

• Retro_G
    31958 posts National Team Captain
    Shshj wrote: »
    This makes me more confident for the weekend

Any word on how long Kante is out? He will be a big loss.
  • Ahmer50x
    22010 posts Club Captain
    edited February 18
    Retro_G wrote: »

Kante hasn't been the same Kante for a while now.

Don't think it'll be THAT big a loss. Jorginho+Kovacic with Mount in front is still a very good midfield.

Real question is how long Tammy is out
  • Shshj
    4541 posts National Call-Up
    edited February 18
    No word on Kante yet but Ahmer's right, there's definitely a case to be made that we've actually been better without him this season.

I don't think Tammy is far out, Frank said he's a "maybe" for the weekend.
  • Southgatology
    1549 posts Play-Off Hero
    Ahmer50x wrote: »

Don't think it'll be THAT big a loss. Jorginho+Kovacic with Mount in front is still a very good midfield.

Fred is this years Kante
  • Shshj

Fred is this years Kante

Please stop
  • El_Nino
    4402 posts National Call-Up
    Yeah it really shows Kante’s decline in that I just don’t feel bothered by his injury(obviously on a personal level for the player I wish it hadn’t happened) but from a team point of view as others have said Kovacic/Mount/Jorginho has probably been our best midfield this year.
  • Southgatology
    1549 posts Play-Off Hero

Fred is this years Kante

Please stop

He was the little lad in the middle bossing Jorginho and Kovacic last night, mate.
  • Ahmer50x
    22010 posts Club Captain

Fred is this years Kante

Fred has improved a lot and I know you're partially just gloating about last night but the hype train has gotten out of control. He's still a squad player at the end of the day :joy:
  • El_Nino
    edited February 18
    Insufferable after being gifted a win via VAR against an average team in awful form, this is the pinnacle of just how far United have fallen.
  • Pxul_
    9202 posts League Winner
    How does he stay on the pitch for that😂
  • Retro_G

Fred is this years Kante

Fred has improved a lot and I know you're partially just gloating about last night but the hype train has gotten out of control. He's still a squad player at the end of the day :joy:

Fred is a starter for me. He has improved significantly, he is consistently good.
  • Shshj
    It's absolute madness, these are the sort of incidents that VAR was brought in for. You can understand how the referee missed it but there's no excuse for the VAR official. It's the type of baffling decision which deserves an explanation.

Like I said yesterday, I'm all for technology but when the officials using it are fools what's the point? VAR hasn't aided anything this season, it's only added more controversy.
  • Retro_G
    Pxul_ wrote: »
    How does he stay on the pitch for that😂

Master of the dark arts!
  • Pxul_
    9202 posts League Winner
  • Ahmer50x
    22010 posts Club Captain

Fred is this years Kante

Fred is a starter for me. He has improved significantly, he is consistently good.

Is he better than McT? For me, no.
    Is he better than Bruno? For me, no.

Then you have to ask yourself if he's the right profile of player to partner them? I'd say not most of the time. Against 70% of this league, you'd want a more creative force like Grealish (who it seems we're targeting).

He's more of a horses for courses option in big games for one of Bruno/Grealish to tighten things up at the back for me.
  • Sellish
    10024 posts Has That Special Something

Fred is this years Kante

Then you have to ask yourself if he's the right profile of player to partner them? I'd say not most of the time. Against 70% of this league, you'd want a more creative force like Grealish (who it seems we're targeting).

He's more of a horses for courses option in big games for one of Bruno/Grealish to tighten things up at the back for me.

For me Fred is what you call in basket a no.6 man.
    Not good enough to be one of the first name on the team sheet but a vital part of the team who will play a lot of games and minutes.
  • Retro_G

Fred is this years Kante

As a holding midfielder, Fred has a better range of passing than McT, he is just as good at winning the ball back. McT is more likely to get you a goal though, both are good enough as holding midfielders, gives us great rotational options. After Fred's impressive run of form, can't choose between Fred/McT.

I believe Bruno is Pogba's replacement, Grealish will bought as an attacking midfielder. Next season can see us line-up Fred/McT, Bruno, Grealish.
  • Shshj
    It's a shame to see articles like this being published already, very little substance within it too.

• Ahmer50x
    22010 posts Club Captain
    Given the transfer ban and sale of Hazard, Lampard should get a pass this season.

If he doesn't get CL next season, then yes.
  • Pxul_
    9202 posts League Winner
    Poch would be great for Chelsea tbh, now the ban is over.
  • El_Nino
    Poch would be great for Chelsea tbh, now the ban is over.

I’d sooner stick with Lampard tbh, no need to chop and change. Lampard has done pretty well all things considered.
  • Pxul_
    9202 posts League Winner
    I’m not saying he should go (I personally think he should be given next season aswell) but if he was poch would be perfect imo.
  • WryLucky
    2170 posts Fans' Favourite
    He gets two summer transfers windows for me.
  • Pxul_
    9202 posts League Winner
    You robbed athleti for morata 😂
  • WryLucky
    2170 posts Fans' Favourite
    You robbed athleti for morata 😂

They can have Bats next, they seem to like buying our strikers.
  • Tornado31619
    20201 posts Club Captain
    I honestly don’t know why you didn’t just sell him to Dortmund.
  • El_Nino
    I honestly don’t know why you didn’t just sell him to Dortmund.
    Because he’d have turned into the next KDB/Salah if we did 😂
  • wth22
    11163 posts Has That Special Something
    Frank shouldn't be under scrutiny at all. Even if you finish 6th that's higher than most expected pre season tbh. Just a victim of his own early season success which changed expectations.
  • exzoo
    32100 posts National Team Captain
    Nobody expected everyone to underperform. Expectations changed because the league isn't good this year and top 4 is achieveable and not just because Frank was successful early in the season