The latest Title Update for FIFA 20 is now available on PC & console, this includes the changes listed here.

Chelsea Football Club

Comments

• El_Nino
    4412 posts National Call-Up
    Apollo wrote: »
    El_Nino wrote: »
    As far as united are concerned, imo it’s clear you don’t back Ole, hence why you won’t spend while he’s still manager.

Its really poor logic that, because if that were the case the club wouldn't have spent all window in negotiation for Bruno. They're willing to do some business, they're just being stingy and their usual incompetent selves imo.

Or your pulling an Arsenal, and trying to make out your going for targets while always being unreasonable, just to try and appease the fans.
  • finsfan85
    13144 posts Has That Special Something
    edited January 28
    Looks like it’s Cavani, Dembele, or bust

• El_Nino
    finsfan85 wrote: »
    Looks like it’s Cavani, Dembele, or bust

I’ve no problem with that, as long as Tammy’s injury isn’t long term then there’s no point throwing money at a 2nd choice.
  • Shshj
    4542 posts National Call-Up
    That's good news for us. I don't care for the money any more, Cavani would definitely improve our attacking options and that's all that matters.
  • El_Nino
    Shshj wrote: »
    That's good news for us. I don't care for the money any more, Cavani would definitely improve our attacking options and that's all that matters.

Disagree massively with this, if Cavani wants obscene wages that’ll upset the squad then no thank you, equally if PSG want excessive money then again no thanks.

If the price is right he’s a great replacement for Giroud, but realistically he’s still 2nd choice behind Abraham imo.
  • Sellish
    10027 posts Has That Special Something

Disagree massively with this, if Cavani wants obscene wages that’ll upset the squad then no thank you, equally if PSG want excessive money then again no thanks.

If the price is right he’s a great replacement for Giroud, but realistically he’s still 2nd choice behind Abraham imo.

Really? I would say Cavani would go first. Perfect mentor for Abraham.
  • Ahmer50x
    22038 posts Club Captain
    Sellish wrote: »

Replacing Abraham isn't the move. He's earned the right to keep starting. Whoever comes in has to accept that.
  • El_Nino
    Ahmer50x wrote: »
    Sellish wrote: »

Replacing Abraham isn't the move. He's earned the right to keep starting. Whoever comes in has to accept that.

Exactly this basically.

I agree @Sellish that Cavani is a great player for Tammy to learn some things from, but Tammy has earned his place, don’t want to sign anyone that isn’t aware of that.
  • Sellish
    10027 posts Has That Special Something
    Fair. Could have worse problems then have to choose between them 2.
  • wth22
    11164 posts Has That Special Something
    How long is Tammy out for anyway?
  • Shshj
    wth22 wrote: »
    How long is Tammy out for anyway?

He's back now, don't think he's 100% yet though.
  • Ahmer50x
    22038 posts Club Captain
    May as well gift Jose top 4
  • Southgatology
    1549 posts Play-Off Hero
    Mertens would be an interesting one...
  • Ahmer50x
    22038 posts Club Captain
    edited January 29

"Chelsea would have to offer him at least an 18-month deal worth £150,000-a-week to stand any chance of striking a deal. An agreement with Napoli and the player is currently rated as being difficult but not entirely impossible."
  • wth22

"Chelsea would have to offer him at least an 18-month deal worth £150,000-a-week to stand any chance of striking a deal. An agreement with Napoli and the player is currently rated as being difficult but not entirely impossible."

Woodward please
  • Ahmer50x
    22038 posts Club Captain

Woodward please

150K a week for a nearly 33 year old squad player? I'll pass. Just be repeating the mistakes of the past.
  • wth22

Woodward please

150K a week for a nearly 33 year old squad player? I'll pass. Just be repeating the mistakes of the past.

We have Lingard on 100k a week, 150k for a top quality squad player which may be the difference between CL and no CL in Rashford's absence is nothing.
  • Ahmer50x
    22038 posts Club Captain

Woodward please

We have Lingard on 100k a week, 150k for a top quality squad player which may be the difference between CL and no CL in Rashford's absence is nothing.

Firstly, Jesse is on 75K and also we're just starting to make progress in reversing that BS anyways. Bruno is on 70K a week for example.

Can't blow up the long term vision to accommodate a has been.
  • finsfan85
    13144 posts Has That Special Something

Woodward please

Firstly, Jesse is on 75K and also we're just starting to make progress in reversing that BS anyways. Bruno is on 70K a week for example.

😂
  • Shshj
    I'd be happy with that. Adds experience, far less costly than Cavani and he can play anywhere across the front three. Yes please.
  • El_Nino
    @Ahmer50x is basically EA, can’t tell the difference between old and has been.

I’d be happy with mertens on that wage, so long as the contract is 18 months at the longest.
  • WryLucky
    2173 posts Fans' Favourite
    With Willian and Pedro most likely leaving in the summer, Mertens would probably be a pretty good back up to our main target in the summer.
  • arsenalap
    7399 posts Big Money Move

Woodward please

Hes a good player still
  • Shshj

It's Kaveh spouting nonsense again. You can't believe a word that comes out of his mouth these days.
  • Ibte10
    1872 posts Play-Off Hero
    It looks like we won’t be signing anyone this window, unless a late panic buy. I think we needed another striker as we are overburdening Tammy. Tammy has done well, but his aerial prowess is lacking for someone his height. Mertens would not be an aerial threat, but he would offer us a proven option that can play across the front three. Some of our players have to step up to fill the goal void.