We are aware of an issue with FUT Crashing for Virgin media users & we are working on this. Apologies for the inconvenience this is causing. We have a thread discussing it here.

Chelsea Football Club

Comments

• El_Nino
    4365 posts National Call-Up
    Truly painful to watch us atm, we seem so inconsistent, wasteful game in game out, and another shocked from Kepa, I would show more faith in him though, I’d like us to sign a better back up, someone Adrian esq As an option though.
  • Shshj
    4493 posts National Call-Up
    Yesterday's match was another great example of where our deficiencies lie and what positions we need to target in the summer.

We need a winger, an attacking midfielder and a centre back. Preferably a LB, GK and backup striker too but I think the first three are of a higher priority.

This window will be a good chance to gauge the club's ambition. We need to sign world-class players and spend money with purpose instead of just throwing it around on potential players hoping they come good.
  • Ibte10
    1866 posts Play-Off Hero
    I feel like a creative player is a must.

Apart from Reece, nobody has the creative ability. I like Mount, but he is not the most creative and his end product is lacking recently.
  • Wyojasond
    13088 posts Has That Special Something
    How was CHO again yesterday? Honestly not trolling, just curious how Chelsea fans rated him again.

I only caught pieces of the game as I was playing with my kids but every time I did check in he looked awful.
  • Shshj
    Ibte10 wrote: »
    I feel like a creative player is a must.

Apart from Reece, nobody has the creative ability. I like Mount, but he is not the most creative and his end product is lacking recently.

I rate Mount as a box-to-box mid but I don't think he's good enough to be the creative hub of this side. He started the season well but he's dropped off massively since.
  • Shshj
    For me, no. I'd definitely consider an offer but we would need to replace him with a world-class player.

How much is he even worth at the moment? I'd want well over £100m.
  • El_Nino
    It’s all price dependent, I don’t see a holding mid going for 150-200 mill. If it’s not comfortably over 100 I don’t really care for it, but I will say he’s clearly not needed anymore, to clarify it’s not that he isn’t massively helpful and a fantastic player, however he’s not as essential as a couple of years ago.
  • Shshj
    One thing Kante's departure would almost certainly signal the ending of is Jorginho. As good as he is in possession he's an absolute liability defensively and Kante makes up a lot of ground to cover for him, especially against teams who aren't afraid to attack us.

We would need to rebuild our whole midfield to create a better balance. Mount - Jorginho - Kovacic would be absolutely mauled.
  • Ahmer50x
    21605 posts Club Captain
    Shshj wrote: »
    One thing Kante's departure would almost certainly signal the ending of is Jorginho. As good as he is in possession he's an absolute liability defensively and Kante makes up a lot of ground to cover for him, especially against teams who aren't afraid to attack us.

We would need to rebuild our whole midfield to create a better balance. Mount - Jorginho - Kovacic would be absolutely mauled.

Interesting that you say that. There's a part of the article that says:

As David Chidgey from the Chelsea Fancast confirms: “I have seen and heard witterings about this among Chelsea fans. There is a strain of thought that we have been more cohesive in midfield when he’s not been playing — Mason Mount, Mateo Kovacic and Jorginho seem to play well together in particular."
  • El_Nino

I literally couldn’t disagree more.

Like I don’t understand where that opinion comes from, I hear it from rival fans who clearly don’t watch us a lot, Jorginho covers a mad amount of ground, i wouldn’t be suprised if Jorginho had better defensive stats than Kante, I’m sure he did after like 10-12 games this year(could be wrong).

As @Ahmer50x posted, by far our best partnership at holding mid this year has been Kova/Jorginho, they offer creativity/Energy/skill, they lack the real ball winner but given how much ground both of them cover and then Mount as well i don’t think it’s an issue.

It’s why I wouldn’t mind losing Kante for the right price, I honestly don’t think Kante should be playing against teams like Newcastle, we are 100% more fluid in midfield without him, he’s massive against big teams, but against lesser opposition Mount/Jorginho/Kova looks best to me.

And then RLC comes back and offers another option that is debateably better than Kante for 50% of our games
  • Tornado31619
    19601 posts World Class
    And of course we aren’t even being linked with him.
  • El_Nino
    I’d take Cavani so long as it’s very cheap, great experience to have around, and a good rival for Tammy.
  • Shshj
    He's a personal favourite of mine, I've loved him since the Napoli days so to see him in a Chelsea shirt would be brilliant. I think he could do wonders for us both on and off the pitch by helping Tammy.

Wages could be a stumbling block but the article says he's on £8.5m a year which is £165k a week. I thought he was on nearly double that.
  • WryLucky
    2104 posts Fans' Favourite
    Really need to get that second goal.
  • Shshj
    Football is at its absolute best when the unthinkable actually happens :joy:

Decent first half, we should have finished these off by now though. Very important to start the second half quickly.
  • Shaig
    2 posts Ball Boy
    Cracking first half
    Football is at its absolute best when the unthinkable actually happens :joy:

Decent first half, we should have finished these off by now though. Very important to start the second half quickly.

• WryLucky
    This is ❤️❤️❤️❤️ typical, their first ❤️❤️❤️❤️ chance and they score. Almost every game this season
  • Kellnerr
    3127 posts National Call-Up
    This just gave me Gerrard flashbacks :(
  • wth22
    11046 posts Has That Special Something
    WryLucky wrote: »
    This is **** typical, their first **** chance and they score. Almost every game this season

You shoot at goal, you score
  • Shshj
    Kante man....
  • Shshj
    Kovacic off? Why? Why is Kante untouchable?
  • Snugglebites
    1438 posts Professional
    Where's the obligatory Gerrard song from the Chelsea fans?
  • Southgatology
    1486 posts Professional
    Kovacic off? Why? Why is Kante untouchable?

Would gladly take him off your hands!
  • WryLucky
    Thank you Dave.
  • WryLucky
    I'm ❤️❤️❤️❤️ done with football for a while
  • Shshj
    Our luck at the moment is terrible.

Nothing going our way, every shot is going in.