The issue impacting players who are attempting to access FUT via the apps and console should now be resolved.

Chelsea Football Club

Comments

• El_Nino
    4129 posts National Call-Up
    Ha-Ha.

I’d say I expected something smarter from you, but I didn’t.
  • Snugglebites
    1389 posts Professional
    El_Nino wrote: »
    Ha-Ha.

I’d say I expected something smarter from you, but I didn’t.

Your kind words are appreciated. God bless.
  • Low Ki
    11982 posts Has That Special Something
    Kepa looks like a liability. Poor distribution and command of his area.

Does seem like a decent GK, but nowhere near a 70m upgrade on Courtois. Or an upgrade at all TBH.
  • SDoofus
    6430 posts Big Money Move
    Low Ki wrote: »

Does seem like a decent GK, but nowhere near a 70m upgrade on Courtois. Or an upgrade at all TBH.

Saw something on Twitter about Lampard wanting to sell him.
  • Shshj
    4360 posts National Call-Up

He's been poor this season, his confidence looks completely shot. Stats-wise he's been the worst keeper in the league and it's genuinely hard to disagree after watching him.
  • wth22
    10839 posts Has That Special Something
    Shshj wrote: »

He's been poor this season, his confidence looks completely shot. Stats-wise he's been the worst keeper in the league and it's genuinely hard to disagree after watching him.

Thought he was better than de Gea? @finsfan85
  • wth22

I thought the fact that he's a downgrade on Courtois was widely accepted anyway. Just that because Courtois went on strike in the last week they had to buy whatever keeper they could for whatever price they could, or they'd have gone for Alisson earlier.
  • finsfan85
    13006 posts Has That Special Something
    wth22 wrote: »

Thought he was better than de Gea? finsfan85

He’s been out of form this season. He quite clearly was better than De Gea when I made those claims. Sent De Gea to the Spanish bench.
  • El_Nino

Thought he was better than de Gea? @finsfan85

He absolutely was. Key word being ‘was’.
    DDG was at best average while Kepa looked like he was becoming a great keeper, unfortunately he’s regressed massively this season and as other have said his confidence is shot.
  • Tornado31619
    18949 posts World Class
    TakeItSlow wrote: »
    If we beat City we're suddenly 4 points behind Chelsea. That final top 4 spot is well and truly up for grabs.

Lol

Don’t write it off. I still see City winning, but not without a defensive ****show. If Auba, Pepe and Martinelli all start, they’re running riot over that backline.
  • Tornado31619
    18949 posts World Class
    Courtois was overrated even at Chelsea IMO, the other home loss against Bournemouth being a key example as to why.
  • wth22
    Bournemouth before they faced Chelsea - 5 losses in a row
    Everton before they faced Chelsea - 4 losses in a row
    West Ham before they faced Chelsea - 3 losses in a row, 7 winless

All beat Chelsea :D (funnily, for Bournemouth and West Ham, the last wins before their runs were against us)
  • Low Ki
    11982 posts Has That Special Something
    edited December 2019

Tbh I've never seen a GK that looks that much like a liability even when he gets his hands on balls with his reflexes. Weak wrists is the only way I can describe it.

I dont think hes really regressed, I think hes at the quality hes always been except the weaknesses in his game are costing goals instead of his strengths allowing him to make saves that dragged Chelsea through some rough fixtures. Purely because of the situations hes in.

In contrast De Gea is not perfect either when it comes to commanding his area. Took him a hell of a long time to learn when to come off the line while working with great goalkeeping coaches. He had a year of bad form when Kepa benched him but hes literally the only reason we're not in the relegation zone after the horror start to the season.
  • Shshj
    We're stuck with him now anyway, he's here on a long term deal and there's absolutely no way we're selling him to another top European club to recoup the money - which means our board won't even attempt it.

Fingers crossed he finds form soon because he's costing us goals every week at the moment.
  • wth22
    Chelsea have lost 4 of their last 5 Premier League games. Arsenal have lost 4 games in total this whole season.

• Slawter
    3885 posts National Call-Up
    Chelsea have lost 4 of their last 5 Premier League games. Arsenal have lost 4 games in total this whole season.

Difference being we've at times looked competent. Arsenal have rarely, if ever.
  • Shshj
    Bayern it is, very tough tie but we were always going to end up struggling. Let's hope for a repeat of 2012.
  • El_Nino
    Tough draw but I’ve no problem with that, good experience for the kids, if we get through then we can dream big, and if we’re out then we’re out early and can focus on the league.
  • Snugglebites
    1389 posts Professional
    You have the pace up front to trouble the slow Bayern defence. It's just a case of how much you can limit their attack.
  • Pietu
    4626 posts National Call-Up
    You have the pace up front to trouble the slow Bayern defence. It's just a case of how much you can limit their attack.

They have Phil tho and if he returns back to his best, he can win the tie on his own
  • Snugglebites
    1389 posts Professional
    Pietu wrote: »

They have Phil tho and if he returns back to his best, he can win the tie on his own

And Lewa already has 30 goals this season. Should be a fun two games.
  • finsfan85
    edited December 2019
    Matt Law reporting Sancho, Zaha, Bailey, and Chukwueze

Also mentions Timo Werner and Moussa Dembele as targets.

• Shshj
    finsfan85 wrote: »

I'm hoping for one winger next month and another in the summer along with Willian and Pedro out.

I couldn't care less about strikers considering Tammy has arguably been our best player this season.
  • finsfan85

I'm hoping for one winger next month and another in the summer along with Willian and Pedro out.

I couldn't care less about strikers considering Tammy has arguably been our best player this season.

Agree with the wingers. Would be nice to get Chukwueze, a left footed right winger. Then go all out for Sancho in the summer.

Think we need to start looking at a striker. If Tammy misses any time, we would be screwed. Giroud is likely to leave and Batshuayi doesn’t seem to be working.
  • Shshj

Agree with the wingers. Would be nice to get Chukwueze, a left footed right winger. Then go all out for Sancho in the summer.

Think we need to start looking at a striker. If Tammy misses any time, we would be screwed. Giroud is likely to leave and Batshuayi doesn’t seem to be working.

We're going to need a striker for sure but one of the level of Werner and Dembele? Surely they'd want to be first choice. I'm all for being ambitious though and hopefully Frank & Jody would ensure Tammy retains his spot.
  • El_Nino
    edited December 2019
    One winger in Jan and one in summer with Willian and Pedro leaving is ideal as already said.

We need another striker, I’d ideally sell both Giroud and Bats but the right back up striker is an interesting question, again as said Werner and Dembele would be fantastic but are they going to be happy/cost effective to sit on the bench? Especially given how young Tammy is.

My ideal situation come summer would be:
    Alonso/Willian/Pedro/Christiansen/Barkley/Giroud/Bats out
    Sancho/Bailey/Chillwell/Ake/striker(unsure who) in

I think that’s pretty realistic budget wise, may have money to spend still after that, the main hurdle there would be actually getting Sancho.
  • arsenalap
    6774 posts Big Money Move
    Look for a winger who can play as a striker or vice versa.
  • finsfan85
    arsenalap wrote: »
    Look for a winger who can play as a striker or vice versa.

Zaha has done so in the past. CHO played some striker, although it was at the youth level.
  • El_Nino
    Obviously I’ve no idea if it’d work but watching him I get the feeling Pulisic could do a job at through the middle, I could be completely wrong but I’d be happy to see him tested there as a third choice when needed.
  • finsfan85
    Seems Werner is indeed leaving. Will see if he is coming here.