The latest Title Update for FIFA 20 is now available on Console & PC and includes the changes listed here.

Chelsea Football Club

Comments

• El_Nino
    4132 posts National Call-Up
    Ew. I mean can we not? Unless it’s under 50(which it won’t be) then I’d have zero interest
  • Ahmer50x
    20800 posts Club Captain
    Zaha strikes me as a decent signing for a big club but not at the fee that Palace will demand.

He's a leading Everton player or a first sub at a top club. Not suited to starting for a title challenging side IMO
  • finsfan85
    13006 posts Has That Special Something
    Does he even offer anything other than dribbling and winning PKs?
  • wth22
    10842 posts Has That Special Something
    edited December 2019
    Zaha is underrated imo. He's obviously not a £70m player (English+PL inflation) but a very valuable addition to any top team and I'm sure he'll do much better at a top club with regards to output.

Nowhere near Sancho potential of course but still a great player entering his prime for a team with mostly young wingers (Pulisic, Hudson-Odoi, Mount if need be) and a quality rotation option around those.

Would've taken him at United this summer. Arsenal would have been better off with him than Pepe but they went for the fancier overseas option. I don't think he's Liverpool/City quality though.
  • wth22
    10842 posts Has That Special Something
    finsfan85 wrote: »
    Does he even offer anything other than dribbling and winning PKs?

Gets fouled alot too, sounds an awful lot like a very poor man's version of a certain someone you must be familiar with :trollface:
  • Ahmer50x
    20800 posts Club Captain
    wth22 wrote: »
    Zaha is underrated imo. He's obviously not a £70m player (English+PL inflation) but a very valuable addition to any top team and I'm sure he'll do much better at a top club with regards to output.

Nowhere near Sancho potential of course but still a great player entering his prime for a team with mostly young wingers (Pulisic, Hudson-Odoi, Mount if need be) and a quality rotation option around those.

Would've taken him at United this summer. Arsenal would have been better off with him than Pepe but they went for the fancier overseas option. I don't think he's Liverpool/City quality though.

Not a high standard tbh

Arsenal would've been better off just keeping Iwobi
  • G000ner
    4523 posts National Call-Up
    At least Pepe has potential to get better when he adapts. Apparently he had a difficult 6 months at Lille then killed it afterwards.

Zaha is already at his peak and I can't see him improving much from here
  • finsfan85

Zaha decided to play for Ivory Coast
  • arsenalap
    6781 posts Big Money Move

What has Zaha done this season?
  • Apollo
    17335 posts World Class
    Pietu wrote: »

People in here (understandably) want a LB, can you play LB? ;)
  • El_Nino
    edited December 2019
    I wonder who we’ll go for in Jan, Chilwell and Sancho are your big targets, doubt Chilwell moves mid season, Sancho maybe.
    I really hope Zaha is just a back up plan.
  • Pietu
    4627 posts National Call-Up
    Apollo wrote: »
    Pietu wrote: »

People in here (understandably) want a LB, can you play LB? ;)

Right footed LB wouldn't be ideal but I can do a job there if I get a bit of training for it!
  • finsfan85
    El_Nino wrote: »
    I wonder who we’ll go for in Jan, Chilwell and Sancho are your big targets, doubt Chilwell moves mid season, Sancho maybe.
    I really hope Zaha is just a back up plan.

Add Haaland to the list of players we are interested in
  • Ahmer50x
    20800 posts Club Captain
    “ The most readily available possibility is Wilfried Zaha, who is just starting to show signs of life at Crystal Palace again after the acrimonious fallout of his failed attempt to force a move away from Selhurst Park in the summer. Chelsea could not be contenders then, but recent days have underlined the 27-year-old’s enduring desire to join a Champions League club as soon as possible. Zaha would be easier and cheaper to sign than Sancho, with a cash offer of about £80 million believed to be enough to convince Palace to sell.“

That Athletic article also says you want Chilwell and have not had contact with Sancho yet.

Barkley, Pedro, and Giroud mentioned as possibly January departures.
  • finsfan85
    £80m for Zaha 🤢
  • El_Nino
    Yeah 80 for Zaha is disgusting. No thanks.

Haalland is a great young talent but likely will cost too much for me.
  • finsfan85
    Add Ousmane Dembele to the list. Reports that we have already met with his agent.
  • Shshj
    4360 posts National Call-Up
    The only positive takeaway from having January back is that we can now compete for Sancho if Dortmund do decide to sell.

Other than that it's pretty much irrelevant unless we're looking at a couple of rotation options. The likes of Chilwell & Zaha will cost more compared to the summer and it's not like we need them immediately.
  • El_Nino
    finsfan85 wrote: »
    Add Ousmane Dembele to the list. Reports that we have already met with his agent.

Would be very interested in him, I hold him in similar regard to Sancho, I actually think I’d slightly prefer Dembele as a player, but Sancho would fit in well with our young English core
  • Snugglebites
    1389 posts Professional
    Time to find out how much faith Lampard really has in the youth players.
  • SDoofus
    6430 posts Big Money Move
    Time to find out how much faith Lampard really has in the youth players.

:D
  • Keano
    14855 posts Has That Special Something
    Okay so, the Chelsea targets on that list;

- Jadon Sancho - would cost big money, would Dortmund sell, potentially for the right money... you've got to think, Chelsea still have a big war chest as they spent 0 in the summer (Pulisic was beforehand).
    - Kai Havertz - Not sure I can see Leverkusen selling him without him trying to force it.
    - Sander Berge - Can't comment as don't know the situation well enough
    - Timo Werner - Werner might be moved on & haaland moved into his spot by moving from Salzburg to Leipzig.
    - Wilfried Zaha - Big money, could replace Willian, but then it'd hold CHO's progress, so not sure why it'd happen
    - Ben Chilwell - Leicester are on amazing form & arguably look like they could fight for top 4 currently, not sure he'd leave, certainly not for stupid money
    - Nathan Ake - Could leave as I can't see him wanting to stay at Bournemouth, was never sure why Chelsea got rid of him, he looked the best of him, Zouma etc & would prob cost 50m to get back.

Overall, it'll be expensive for Chelsea to buy any of those (maybe not Sender Berge as idk him), but they must have the funds available due to not spending at all since last Jan.
  • finsfan85
    Could see Atal coming in January