Chelsea Football Club

Comments

• El_Nino
    3932 posts National Call-Up
    edited November 17
    Ahmer50x wrote: »
    El_Nino wrote: »
    @Low Ki your 8 points off us and 7 points off CL after only 12 games. You clearly seem to be prioritising cups over the league, it would take a significant change for you to be good enough I get too 4 along with our ability dropping enough not to stay in it.

So yes, as we’ve both said, unless something significant changes, you will irrelevant when it comes to Sancho. Really not sure why your trying to start an argument.

I mean first of all 8 pts isn’t crazy by any means and secondly and more importantly, if we’re prioritizing cups, winning the Europa League could make us players.

8 points isn’t crazy, and I’m not by any means saying it can’t happen, as I’ve said all along something would have to change for it to happen, even if you manage to continue your form of the last 3/4 games you’d still likely need us to drop off to catch up, and that’s a big if you continue your form.

And yeah I take your point about Europa, but your still 6/1(first bookies I looked at) with good enough teams like Arsenal/Sevilla/Wolves amongst others in the competition too, so again winning it is a long way off.

Probability right now says you likely won’t get CL next year, that’s all my point really was.
  • finsfan85
    12925 posts Has That Special Something
    @Low Ki your 8 points off us and 7 points off CL after only 12 games. You clearly seem to be prioritising cups over the league, it would take a significant change for you to be good enough I get too 4 along with our ability dropping enough not to stay in it.

So yes, as we’ve both said, unless something significant changes, you will irrelevant when it comes to Sancho. Really not sure why your trying to start an argument.

I mean first of all 8 pts isn’t crazy by any means and secondly and more importantly, if we’re prioritizing cups, winning the Europa League could make us players.

8 points isn’t crazy, and I’m not by any means saying it can’t happen, as I’ve said all along something would have to change for it to happen, even if you manage to continue your form of the last 3/4 games you’d still likely need us to drop off to catch up, and that’s a big if you continue your form.

And yeah I take your point about Europa, but your still 6/1(first bookies I looked at) with good enough teams like Arsenal/Sevilla/Wolves amongst others in the competition too, so again winning it is a long way off.

Probability right now says you likely won’t get CL next year, that’s all my point really was.

Could see Inter dropping from CL and becoming favorites to win Europa League.
  • El_Nino
    edited November 17
    finsfan85 wrote: »

Could see Inter dropping from CL and becoming favorites to win Europa League.

Well yeah that’s another point too, those Europa league teams and odds aren’t factoring in who drops from CL either, Chelsea/Ajax/Valencia would all prove decent opposition too
  • finsfan85
    Also, United are actually 10 points off us. So while far from impossible to make up, it’s a pretty significant difference.
  • Low Ki
    11859 posts Has That Special Something
    That's not only defeatist but making a mountain out of a molehill.

We both have 78 points up for grabs from our remaining 26 fixtures. Apparently a 10 point deficit is impossible despite the premier league being full of regular examples where 10+ point deficits are turned on their heads within 2 month windows.

I get you love to (poorly) trash talk for giggles, but try thinking a bit harder before telling people the sky is falling.
  • finsfan85
    Low Ki wrote: »

We both have 78 points up for grabs from our remaining 26 fixtures. Apparently a 10 point deficit is impossible despite the premier league being full of regular examples where 10+ point deficits are turned on their heads within 2 month windows.

I get you love to (poorly) trash talk for giggles, but try thinking a bit harder before telling people the sky is falling.
    Also, United are actually 10 points off us. So while far from impossible to make up, it’s a pretty significant difference.

Unless I’m missing it, I don’t think anyone said it was impossible.
  • Low Ki
    11859 posts Has That Special Something
    You're making this point difference out like we're in April with time running out and our backs against the wall. Nothing is ever constant in this sport and situations always change. Even going back a couple months both our teams were putting out drastically different performances.

It's naive and arrogant to assume current form is going to decide how the season closes. This goes for any team, it's not exclusive to Chelsea and United.
  • El_Nino

Nah I give up, I’ve explained time and time again, if you still can’t grasp what I’m saying you never will.
  • arsenalap
    6091 posts Big Money Move
    You're making this point difference out like we're in April with time running out and our backs against the wall. Nothing is ever constant in this sport and situations always change. Even going back a couple months both our teams were putting out drastically different performances.

It's naive and arrogant to assume current form is going to decide how the season closes. This goes for any team, it's not exclusive to Chelsea and United.

I mean he isnt even disagreeing with you.. not sure why you're arguing with him :D
  • El_Nino
    Great to see Tammy and Mount grab they’re first England goals! Any feedback on how our other guys did that went away with they’re international team?
  • WryLucky
    1939 posts Play-Off Hero
    Great to see Tammy and Mount grab they’re first England goals! Any feedback on how our other guys did that went away with they’re international team?

CHO was pretty bad, he kept giving the ball away. Don't know about any others.
  • El_Nino
    WryLucky wrote: »

CHO was pretty bad, he kept giving the ball away. Don't know about any others.

Yeah I heard as much, Tomori got his Debut at least, although he really deserved to start one of the games imo
  • Tornado31619
    17874 posts World Class
  • finsfan85
    Jorginho with a goal and an assist <3
  • Sellish
    9516 posts League Winner

How is he doing?
    I have seen some small moments but not enough.
  • SDoofus
    6089 posts Big Money Move
    Sellish wrote: »

How is he doing?
    I have seen some small moments but not enough.

1 goal and 1 assist in the League, with 6 starts and 1 sub appearance.

Pretty woeful.
  • Shshj
    4281 posts National Call-Up
    This Spurs news is great, what makes it even better are the Mourinho links.

Seriously though, I like the guy but if Jose does go there then he is dead to us. Managing United is one thing, Spurs is different story.
  • Ahmer50x
    19940 posts Club Captain
    Shshj wrote: »

Seriously though, I like the guy but if Jose does go there then he is dead to us. Managing United is one thing, Spurs is different story.

I mean you already called him Judas as a fanbase so I think that relationship is long dead.
  • wth22
    10518 posts Has That Special Something

I mean you already called him Judas as a fanbase so I think that relationship is long dead.

He's still their greatest manager of all time and the manager that put them on the map.
  • El_Nino
    Couldn’t disagree more.
    Still love Jose, one of if not the greatest managers of all time, would happily have him back if were ever in need of a manager.
  • finsfan85
    Odds on Willian to join Jose at Tottenham for free in the summer?
  • Ibte10
    1818 posts Play-Off Hero

Give him a new contract and then ship him off to Spurs for 30 mil ;)
  • finsfan85
    Ibte10 wrote: »

Reports say that we have already offered Willian a new contract, but he hasn’t agreed to it yet. Could he have been waiting for Jose to find a new club? Also rumors that Barcelona still want Willian.
  • Delboy13710
    5274 posts Big Money Move

Spurs and Chelsea dont do business
  • Ibte10
    1818 posts Play-Off Hero

Reports say that we have already offered Willian a new contract, but he hasn’t agreed to it yet. Could he have been waiting for Jose to find a new club? Also rumors that Barcelona still want Willian.

Whilst he has been good this season, I think it would be best if Willian leaves so we can move on.
  • finsfan85

Whilst he has been good this season, I think it would be best if Willian leaves so we can move on.

Agreed. Willian and Pedro out. Sancho in.
  • wth22

Odds on Spurs to fly in Willian to London from somewhere, have a medical then Chelsea sign a new contract with him?
  • Shshj
    4281 posts National Call-Up
    edited November 20
    Imagine if we lost to a Jose Mourinho's Spurs.
  • Ahmer50x
    19940 posts Club Captain

Same issue with us and Ole but atleast neither of us have to worry about his passive aggressive commentary anymore about Ole's mannerisms or Lampard's tactics in big matches.
  • wth22

Same issue with us and Ole but atleast neither of us have to worry about his passive aggressive commentary anymore about Ole's mannerisms or Lampard's tactics in big matches.

Now he'll have digs in actual press conferences instead :D