The Ligue 1 POTM SBC has temporarily taken down & will return at a later time, updates to follow today PST on this FIFA Direct twitter thread. Forum thread discussing the issue is here.

Chelsea Football Club

Comments

  • El_Nino
    4143 posts National Call-Up
    SDoofus wrote: »
    Fancy your chances against City after the international break?

    I don’t even know what result I am supposed to be hoping for now...

    Yeah I do. I see absolutely no reason to fear this city team, fantastic individual players but they’re defence is shambolic, absolutely no reason we can’t win that game, we’ve got so much quality going forward and without a doubt a better defence and defensive midfield than them.
  • arsenalap
    6824 posts Big Money Move
    El_Nino wrote: »
    SDoofus wrote: »
    Fancy your chances against City after the international break?

    I don’t even know what result I am supposed to be hoping for now...

    Yeah I do. I see absolutely no reason to fear this city team, fantastic individual players but they’re defence is shambolic, absolutely no reason we can’t win that game, we’ve got so much quality going forward and without a doubt a better defence and defensive midfield than them.

    You say without a doubt better defence yet you've conceded considerably more goals than them this season... baffling that you think that.

    I think you can get a result dont get me wrong, but you will conceding at least 2 against them imo, so you'll need to score more than that.
  • Tornado31619
    18989 posts World Class
    Tomori alone is a better defender than anybody they currently have.
  • El_Nino
    4143 posts National Call-Up
    edited November 2019
    arsenalap wrote: »
    El_Nino wrote: »
    SDoofus wrote: »
    Fancy your chances against City after the international break?

    I don’t even know what result I am supposed to be hoping for now...

    Yeah I do. I see absolutely no reason to fear this city team, fantastic individual players but they’re defence is shambolic, absolutely no reason we can’t win that game, we’ve got so much quality going forward and without a doubt a better defence and defensive midfield than them.

    You say without a doubt better defence yet you've conceded considerably more goals than them this season... baffling that you think that.

    I think you can get a result dont get me wrong, but you will conceding at least 2 against them imo, so you'll need to score more than that.

    Our defense has gotten considerably better as the seasons gone on, theres(mainly due to injury) has gotten significantly worse, so yeah I’d say ours is considerably better tbf.

    The only position they’re strong is RB, other than that Zouma/Tomori/Emerson are all better than city’s equivalents

    I don’t think it’ll be as high scoring as you might expect

  • WryLucky
    2033 posts Fans' Favourite
    arsenalap wrote: »
    El_Nino wrote: »
    SDoofus wrote: »
    Fancy your chances against City after the international break?

    I don’t even know what result I am supposed to be hoping for now...

    Yeah I do. I see absolutely no reason to fear this city team, fantastic individual players but they’re defence is shambolic, absolutely no reason we can’t win that game, we’ve got so much quality going forward and without a doubt a better defence and defensive midfield than them.

    You say without a doubt better defence yet you've conceded considerably more goals than them this season... baffling that you think that.

    I think you can get a result dont get me wrong, but you will conceding at least 2 against them imo, so you'll need to score more than that.

    Having Alonso playing will do that.
  • finsfan85
    13029 posts Has That Special Something
    I just hope we can get through the international break without any more injuries (especially to Emerson)
  • El_Nino
    4143 posts National Call-Up
    finsfan85 wrote: »
    I just hope we can get through the international break without any more injuries (especially to Emerson)

    Are you implying you wouldn’t be thrilled to see Alonso Vs Sterling/Mahrez/Silva?
  • finsfan85
    13029 posts Has That Special Something
    El_Nino wrote: »
    finsfan85 wrote: »
    I just hope we can get through the international break without any more injuries (especially to Emerson)

    Are you implying you wouldn’t be thrilled to see Alonso Vs Sterling/Mahrez/Silva?

    I honestly think Lampard is done with Alonso. Think we would see Azpi at LB before Alonso sees the pitch again.
  • El_Nino
    4143 posts National Call-Up
    finsfan85 wrote: »
    El_Nino wrote: »
    finsfan85 wrote: »
    I just hope we can get through the international break without any more injuries (especially to Emerson)

    Are you implying you wouldn’t be thrilled to see Alonso Vs Sterling/Mahrez/Silva?

    I honestly think Lampard is done with Alonso. Think we would see Azpi at LB before Alonso sees the pitch again.

    I’d certainly prefer that tbf, Azpi has been a noted improvement this year, although obviously Emerson/James is the ideal
  • Pxul_
    8659 posts League Winner
    A draw would be the best result I think (for us) but just hope chelsea win because I hate city
  • Kellnerr
    3006 posts National Call-Up
    Pxul_ wrote: »
    A draw would be the best result I think (for us) but just hope chelsea win because I hate city

    I want Chelsea to win, City is still our biggest rival. Don't really hate City, not even care about their club. Hate Chelsea with a passion though, but that's easy to forget since they have a cool manager + team at the moment.
  • Shshj
    4367 posts National Call-Up
    The fear factor City have held over the last two years has gone, their defence is a mess without Kompany or Laporte. Pep made a real mess by letting the former leave without signing a replacement.

    Having said that their attack is phenomenal and I'm still not convinced by our defence. It'll most likely be a shootout once again.
  • Ahmer50x
    20890 posts Club Captain


    Mourinho getting mocked by Chelsea staff. You love to see it :joy:
  • wth22
    10863 posts Has That Special Something
    Ahmer50x wrote: »


    Mourinho getting mocked by Chelsea staff. You love to see it :joy:

    Inb4 someone makes a me and Mourinho joke but he's hardly said anything wrong there? Let's see their results against the top teams. Their record vs the top 7 teams this season so far reads 0-2-2 with 3 of those games being at home, then another 2 losses against top 7 teams in the cups. He did also praise Frank for the overall job he's done but obviously it's Mourinho so even if there are facts to back him up you wouldn't care.
  • Ahmer50x
    20890 posts Club Captain
    wth22 wrote: »
    Ahmer50x wrote: »


    Mourinho getting mocked by Chelsea staff. You love to see it :joy:

    Inb4 someone makes a me and Mourinho joke but he's hardly said anything wrong there? Let's see their results against the top teams. Their record vs the top 7 teams this season so far reads 0-2-2 with 3 of those games being at home, then another 2 losses against top 7 teams in the cups. He did also praise Frank for the overall job he's done but obviously it's Mourinho so even if there are facts to back him up you wouldn't care.

    I actually do think Mourinho was right as well but the fact that the Chelsea assistant manager is taking shots at him is a hilarious symbol of the decline of his standing in the game :joy:
  • finsfan85
    13029 posts Has That Special Something
    wth22 wrote: »
    Ahmer50x wrote: »


    Mourinho getting mocked by Chelsea staff. You love to see it :joy:

    Inb4 someone makes a me and Mourinho joke but he's hardly said anything wrong there? Let's see their results against the top teams. Their record vs the top 7 teams this season so far reads 0-2-2 with 3 of those games being at home, then another 2 losses against top 7 teams in the cups. He did also praise Frank for the overall job he's done but obviously it's Mourinho so even if there are facts to back him up you wouldn't care.

    Going with “top 7 teams” to fit your agenda and to include United as a “top team” :joy:
  • wth22
    10863 posts Has That Special Something
    finsfan85 wrote: »
    wth22 wrote: »
    Ahmer50x wrote: »


    Mourinho getting mocked by Chelsea staff. You love to see it :joy:

    Inb4 someone makes a me and Mourinho joke but he's hardly said anything wrong there? Let's see their results against the top teams. Their record vs the top 7 teams this season so far reads 0-2-2 with 3 of those games being at home, then another 2 losses against top 7 teams in the cups. He did also praise Frank for the overall job he's done but obviously it's Mourinho so even if there are facts to back him up you wouldn't care.

    Going with “top 7 teams” to fit your agenda and to include United as a “top team” :joy:

    I could go with top 2, 3, 4, 5 or 6 and you'd still be winless against the top teams in all competitions, makes it all the more embarassing if we aren't a top team that you got smashed 4-0 by us and it took us about 3 months after that game to even score multiple goals in a game again.
  • El_Nino
    4143 posts National Call-Up
    as far as this year is concerned, beating the bottom 3/4’s of the table is more than a enough, as much as we’d love to challenge, that isn’t the goal right now
  • wth22
    10863 posts Has That Special Something
    El_Nino wrote: »
    as far as this year is concerned, beating the bottom 3/4’s of the table is more than a enough, as much as we’d love to challenge, that isn’t the goal right now

    Yeah, no arguing against that, and as Jose said too Frank has done a brilliant job and you'll more than likely finish 3rd again. The point he made was just in the context of your game against City, that doesn't mean you haven't had/will have an excellent season.
  • Shshj
    4367 posts National Call-Up
    There's nothing wrong with what Jose says there but we all know he has a bitter streak. Let's not forget he went for Lampard's throat for playing too many youngsters after the United game - the same youngsters who have taken us to 3rd since.
  • Apollo
    17419 posts World Class
    Shshj wrote: »
    There's nothing wrong with what Jose says there but we all know he has a bitter streak. Let's not forget he went for Lampard's throat for playing too many youngsters after the United game - the same youngsters who have taken us to 3rd since.

    Without a doubt. When he's discussing clubs he hasn't managed, he's always worth a listen to, but he's monumentally bitter to all of the clubs he's managed before.
  • Ahmer50x
    20890 posts Club Captain
    Apollo wrote: »
    Shshj wrote: »
    There's nothing wrong with what Jose says there but we all know he has a bitter streak. Let's not forget he went for Lampard's throat for playing too many youngsters after the United game - the same youngsters who have taken us to 3rd since.

    Without a doubt. When he's discussing clubs he hasn't managed, he's always worth a listen to, but he's monumentally bitter to all of the clubs he's managed before.

    With the exception of Inter because he went out on his own terms.
  • finsfan85
    13029 posts Has That Special Something
    Hopefully the injury is not too bad and Pulisic is going to use the international break to recover.

  • El_Nino
    4143 posts National Call-Up
    Also what Mourinho has said is completely right(so far) so personally not a fan of Jody Morris’s antics right now, open a discussion about it, don’t act like a 14 year old on social media, straight out of the Jess Lingaard playbook.

    Not a fan at all.
  • finsfan85
    13029 posts Has That Special Something
    Bernardo Silva banned for our match against City
  • arsenalap
    6824 posts Big Money Move
    finsfan85 wrote: »
    Bernardo Silva banned for our match against City

    For the Mendy issue?
  • finsfan85
    13029 posts Has That Special Something
    arsenalap wrote: »
    finsfan85 wrote: »
    Bernardo Silva banned for our match against City

    For the Mendy issue?

    Yup
  • El_Nino
    4143 posts National Call-Up
    That’s handy. Although not the biggest difference maker with city’s ridiculous depth, but still handy.
Sign In or Register to comment.